• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Despite never stealing, raping, beating, destroying, or otherwise harming you, anyone, or anything you know... the exception being feelings, of course. Conversely, we have a VP fly to attend a game from Las Vegas, against a team that has had more players protest than any other team in the league, and have been doing so since the beginning of Kaep's protest. The VP arrives, and despite his staff telling reporters to stay in their cars because the VP probably wasn't going stay, the VP "shocked" at the protests, and after staying less than 10 minutes, leaves, boards another plane and flies to California. Does anyone need a map to see how that almost $250 trip looked?
    And of course, the president let's the cat out of the bag, and indicates that he made Pence a stooge. I've met Mike Pence several times, always a nice, classy guy, and he used to be fairly tough... or at least seemed to be. He lost a lot of respect from me yesterday. My hunch is, he would not have been triggered and left, but stayed, watched the game, and made a statement with his opinions later.

How much does it cost every April to have all those children over to hunt Easter Eggs on the White House lawn? Sometimes things are done just for goodwill or to drive home a point.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How much does it cost every April to have all those children over to hunt Easter Eggs on the White House lawn? Sometimes things are done just for goodwill or to drive home a point.

To the taxpayer, very little. Corporate sponsors and souvenir sales keep it afloat. And the benefit to tens of thousands of people > one person.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Could it be that Pence was really planning on attending the game. Then Trump asked him (Pence) to do him a favor and walk out of the game if any players took a knee. Pence agreed, and knowing that it most likely would happen, he informed the press that he would probably be leaving early.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Could it be that Pence was really planning on attending the game. Then Trump asked him (Pence) to do him a favor and walk out of the game if any players took a knee. Pence agreed, and knowing that it most likely would happen, he informed the press that he would probably be leaving early.

Ok, let's go with that. The San Francisco 49ers were the first team to start kneeling, and has had the MOST players, collectively, kneel at each game. Did Mike Pence think that from some amazing stroke of luck that they were going to stop doing it, at this particular game? Anyone with half a brain would expect, without reservation, that the Niners were going to kneel. You gotta question the logic of anyone who decides to take a $250K bet on something that most people expect to happen. And further NONE of the home team kneeled. It was the visitors, so again you gotta question the motives here. This, to me, seems like a plainly obvious political stunt orchestrated by the president, not Pence.... Pence simply has no backbone.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    "Political stunt" that enrages liberals and (redundantly) the media, while everyone else is nodding their head in agreement with said stunt EQUALS a successful political stunt, IMO.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Not sure I understand the premise that Trump must have directed Pence to do what he did. Based on what I know of Pence, it is not out of character for the action he took. Assigning blame to Trump without proof or substance is nothing more than a continuing political attack by those that will blame Trump for anything and everything.

Secondly, I'm not sure who started the misinformation about Pence only being at the game for 10 minutes. From what I gather from several people who were actually at the game Pence arrived around noon and then left after 1:00 when the San Francisco players chose to assert their 1st Amendment rights. I believe Pence also asserted his 1st Amendment rights. Please explain the difference. And don't tell me Pence's position as V.P. carries more weight than the players. Each were apparently given roughly the same amount of coverage. The primary difference seems to be the players continue to be lauded by the press and those that favor their position, the V.P. has received negative press and publicity.

Guess some folks "rights" are more important than others.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Ok, let's go with that. The San Francisco 49ers were the first team to start kneeling, and has had the MOST players, collectively, kneel at each game. Did Mike Pence think that from some amazing stroke of luck that they were going to stop doing it, at this particular game? Anyone with half a brain would expect, without reservation, that the Niners were going to kneel. You gotta question the logic of anyone who decides to take a $250K bet on something that most people expect to happen. And further NONE of the home team kneeled. It was the visitors, so again you gotta question the motives here. This, to me, seems like a plainly obvious political stunt orchestrated by the president, not Pence.... Pence simply has no backbone.

You TOTALLY missed my point. My assertion is that maybe Pence was planning on attending the game with or without kneeling players. Them Trump could have said to him "Do me a favor and walk out if any players take a knee", and Pence did what was requested of him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not sure I understand the premise that Trump must have directed Pence to do what he did. Based on what I know of Pence, it is not out of character for the action he took. Assigning blame to Trump without proof or substance is nothing more than a continuing political attack by those that will blame Trump for anything and everything.

Secondly, I'm not sure who started the misinformation about Pence only being at the game for 10 minutes. From what I gather from several people who were actually at the game Pence arrived around noon and then left after 1:00 when the San Francisco players chose to assert their 1st Amendment rights. I believe Pence also asserted his 1st Amendment rights. Please explain the difference. And don't tell me Pence's position as V.P. carries more weight than the players. Each were apparently given roughly the same amount of coverage. The primary difference seems to be the players continue to be lauded by the press and those that favor their position, the V.P. has received negative press and publicity.

Guess some folks "rights" are more important than others.

You apparently haven't been keeping up with this issue. The president took credit for Pence walking out. There's your proof.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If that's the standard, then 99.9% of "racism" charges from people should disappear immediately.

I don't even know what that means.

I suspect one could transfer that quite easily to Kaepernick's accusations. That 99.9% of the people Kaepernick accuses of oppressing black people and people of color, when he says he can't honor the flag of a country which oppresses black people and people of color, don't actually oppress black people, and people of color.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Now. About Pence. Staging this like that doesn't sit well with me. It's not what serious leaders do. And I'm not going to put the blame all on Pence. He's just doing as his master bids. Being a loyal Veep and all. It's Trump pulling the strings, playing the game.

I'd stand. If you don't, for whatever reason, that's on you. I'm not going to try to mob-shame you into conforming with my social standards.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Now. About Pence. Staging this like that doesn't sit well with me. It's not what serious leaders do. And I'm not going to put the blame all on Pence. He's just doing as his master bids. Being a loyal Veep and all. It's Trump pulling the strings, playing the game.

I'd stand. If you don't, for whatever reason, that's on you. I'm not going to try to mob-shame you into conforming with my social standards.
    Mob shaming is all the rage though.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

I can see Dddrees right now over this latest Trump and Pence episode.

zBaySRf.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom