Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My unit was assigned to assist the USSS at Lucas Oil Stadium. As always I enjoy my time shooting the breeze with them. However, I was securing the hallway just off the loading dock at LOS where Pence's motorcade came in and I thought it a nice touch that he made an effort to shake my hand and thank me as he was being whisked past by his SS detail. When I'm in uniform, I'm A-political, but that little gesture made me smile, classy.

I am curious....is he as short as he appears to be when around other people. No knock on short folks I was just curious.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Did anybody else notice that Trump calling for kneelers to be fired was supposedly way beyond the pale, and even if it was his opinion as a private citizen he shouldn't have said it speaking as POTUS - but it is perfectly OK for Senator Warren to call for the firing of the CEO of Wells Fargo in a Senate hearing. Nothing but crickets
    Not exactly the same on either end. A Senator is not the same as the President. The CEO of a company that was creating fake accounts and basically stealing from their customers is not the same as people kneeling during the National Anthem.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not exactly the same on either end. A Senator is not the same as the President. The CEO of a company that was creating fake accounts and basically stealing from their customers is not the same as people kneeling during the National Anthem.

Silly me. I thought it was two cases of high government officials inserting themselves in the personnel decisions of private companies

If the morality of the case makes some difference in whether it's allowed, I must have missed all the Congressional calls for Weinstein's head

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Silly me. I thought it was two cases of high government officials inserting themselves in the personnel decisions of private companies

If the morality of the case makes some difference in whether it's allowed, I must have missed all the Congressional calls for Weinstein's head
    Why would they need to say anything about him? He was already kicked out of the company and they are going to apparently change the company's name too. What more can they demand?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

If true, what a douche bag. His alleged cause was important enough for him to start this, but he'll abandon his gesture if it gets his paycheck rolling again? Douche. Bag.

Also, this quote from the article is funny:

"What happened to Indianapolis. You saying they couldn't use Kaepernick," Sherman said in a Players' Tribune video after Week 1. "That's crazy talk. But it's unfortunate that a man is unemployed right now who's a pretty good ballplayer. Won his fair share of ballgames, and there are lesser-talented guys employed because they didn't stand up for a cause."

It's amusing how the guy framed the people who showed respect for their country and fellow citizens as failing to stand up for a cause. I'm no football expert, but I find it unlikely that most fans of the Indianpolis team would welcome Kaepernick.

My unit was assigned to assist the USSS at Lucas Oil Stadium. As always I enjoy my time shooting the breeze with them. However, I was securing the hallway just off the loading dock at LOS where Pence's motorcade came in and I thought it a nice touch that he made an effort to shake my hand and thank me as he was being whisked past by his SS detail. When I'm in uniform, I'm A-political, but that little gesture made me smile, classy.

He has class and dignity and he is respectful the way good leaders are!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He's still a douche nozzle.

Despite never stealing, raping, beating, destroying, or otherwise harming you, anyone, or anything you know... the exception being feelings, of course. Conversely, we have a VP fly to attend a game from Las Vegas, against a team that has had more players protest than any other team in the league, and have been doing so since the beginning of Kaep's protest. The VP arrives, and despite his staff telling reporters to stay in their cars because the VP probably wasn't going stay, the VP "shocked" at the protests, and after staying less than 10 minutes, leaves, boards another plane and flies to California. Does anyone need a map to see how that almost $250 trip looked?
    And of course, the president let's the cat out of the bag, and indicates that he made Pence a stooge. I've met Mike Pence several times, always a nice, classy guy, and he used to be fairly tough... or at least seemed to be. He lost a lot of respect from me yesterday. My hunch is, he would not have been triggered and left, but stayed, watched the game, and made a statement with his opinions later.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who knows what really was said to whom and when? It's plausible that Kaepernick discreetly told the people who could get him a job he would stand, but now that it's "public" he has to back pedal to save face.

The only thing we know for sure is that he's a douche bag.

Now it's "plausible." Yeah, there's back pedaling going on, but it ain't Kap doing it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pence.Colts.jpg

I was at the game yesterday, but was late getting there from the Weber Grille, so I didn't enter until kickoff. I had no idea of how the anthem went. I didn't hear about this until I got home.

Side note- a pretty lame performance by both teams to have ended at 26-23 in overtime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom