Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let me see if I understand where we are at the moment. You have a group of NFL players staging a protest during the National Anthem because this Country, in their opinion, has a problem with the way minorities are treated, but instead of getting the problem addressed in any constructive manner, what they have managed to accomplish is nurturing a hated for their own private millionaires club and their form of protest.

Well, that's not quite right. The conclusion is right, but some of the details aren't.

We had a mediocre NFL player who protested against a country, which in his opinion oppresses "people of color". A few people copied him, but mostly it was him. A year later the President of the United States, weighed in on the issue, and NOW we have a group of NFL players staging protests during the national anthem, but they are essentially protesting against the President.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Well, that's not quite right. The conclusion is right, but some of the details aren't.

We had a mediocre NFL player who protested against a country, which in his opinion oppresses "people of color". A few people copied him, but mostly it was him. A year later the President of the United States, weighed in on the issue, and NOW we have a group of NFL players staging protests during the national anthem, but they are essentially protesting against the President.

Are they protesting Trump, or are they supporting Kap's position of unfair minority treatment? Has anyone ever came out and clearly defined exactly what is going on? I have no idea what their ultimate goal is. Maybe someone should step up and take charge of this thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are they protesting Trump, or are they supporting Kap's position of unfair minority treatment? Has anyone ever came out and clearly defined exactly what is going on? I have no idea what their ultimate goal is. Maybe someone should step up and take charge of this thing.

Last season only a few people protested. This season, only a few people protested until Trump weighed in. They can say all they want that they're protesting "America's racism" but they didn't seem to give a **** until Trump said something. This goes deeper than Kaepernick. It's the essence of the culture war.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Pence.Colts.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last season only a few people protested. This season, only a few people protested until Trump weighed in. They can say all they want that they're protesting "America's racism" but they didn't seem to give a **** until Trump said something. This goes deeper than Kaepernick. It's the essence of the culture war.

And in this war on culture dominance the media keeps the fires stoked.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The season I quoted was the only year he passed for more than 200 yards per game (avg). Last year he was ranked 29th among QB's in the league. He's not good enough to play in the NFL.

You dont have to take my word for it. You can take every single GM in the league's word for it.

You RE GOING TO DO WELL HERE NEW GUY.

Welcome to Ingo

Beat me to it! He already sounds like a [STRIKE]jaded[/STRIKE] seasoned pro!:rockwoot:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I truly think this is what most of the current "PROTESTING" is about. It really dug in when Trump called them out on it.
    They are killing the golden goose. I would think their reps would get a handle on them.

Did anybody else notice that Trump calling for kneelers to be fired was supposedly way beyond the pale, and even if it was his opinion as a private citizen he shouldn't have said it speaking as POTUS - but it is perfectly OK for Senator Warren to call for the firing of the CEO of Wells Fargo in a Senate hearing. Nothing but crickets

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The question is if Pence would have acted this way if he was not "instructed" by the president to do so. I went to the game; great atmosphere. Great to see Peyton, and all-time Colts greats. Pence missed out. And honestly, you really don't even notice the kneelers, unless someone points them out.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My unit was assigned to assist the USSS at Lucas Oil Stadium. As always I enjoy my time shooting the breeze with them. However, I was securing the hallway just off the loading dock at LOS where Pence's motorcade came in and I thought it a nice touch that he made an effort to shake my hand and thank me as he was being whisked past by his SS detail. When I'm in uniform, I'm A-political, but that little gesture made me smile, classy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom