Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    My opinion is that the local government will pull out all the stops to prosecute and win. One thing those in power universally don't like is any form of vigilantism, even if they aren't doing their job of protecting the citizenry. It's a sad state of affairs, but I see this going to trial and the kid doing time for it.

Do tell: how will the prosecution overcome the burden of proof to disprove the self-defense affirmative defense?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    My opinion is that the local government will pull out all the stops to prosecute and win. One thing those in power universally don't like is any form of vigilantism, even if they aren't doing their job of protecting the citizenry. It's a sad state of affairs, but I see this going to trial and the kid doing time for it.

If that happens, maybe he can get a pardon from Trump after he is re-elected. Then we would REALLY see some lefties go crazy!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Do tell: how will the prosecution overcome the burden of proof to disprove the self-defense affirmative defense?

They will find a way. This sort of thing strikes at the very core of authority and power. It's not like defending your business or home which as much as they don't like the idea of your doing it, they have to play along because of public perception. Back in the 70s even the idea of defending yourself there was actively discouraged, so we have come a long way in 40 years. Here you have an armed individual killing someone, even justly, and that's a power the state feels should be reserved for it alone. We'll just have to see how it plays out in court, but I'll bet that government will use every trick and all of it's considerable power/influence to make sure the kid does time, right or wrong.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yes sir, those people are either currently able to vote, or will be voting in the future.
    Makes me worry for my childrens future, I guess I will continue to raise them proper.

I am quickly losing faith that voting has any chance at stopping this slide into chaos, lawlessness and attempted leftist revolution.

We shall see what November brings, but I am not hopeful. Those that seek to destroy America are not interested in doing so through the ballot box.* (ETA: At this point they have already done the work of infiltrating government at the local, state and even national level. They feel they already have to support they need to move to actual revolution.) At some point good people who seek to preserve America will need to start playing by the new rules the radicals are setting, and it ain't going to be pretty.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    What? None of that is true. He worked as a lifeguard that day in Kenosha, then went to clean up graffiti, borrowed a friend's rifle (from Wisconsin) and then went to protect the car dealership and provide medical assistance to protesters as needed. And then the rest of the stuff happened.

Why is it you wanted to get into a ridiculous keyboard tussle over this? The only difference is where he physically laid hand to the gun.

I've previously heard that he borrowed the weapon from an acquaintance. And that he commuted to Kenosha. None of which matters a fried cheese curd. And by the way, having lived in northern Illinois three decades ago, I'm well aware of the geography.

Now, what's being said by the world at large is the boy went to Wisconsin, cleaned up graffiti, got a weapon to defend used cars, went out and (according to the video we all saw shortly after it happened) got into a shoot 'em up melee that night in the middle of the street. Now is that the truth (this morning) according to the world? Yes, for now. If I remember correctly the video also showed the boy afterward approaching four police vehicles who shooed him away.

What is any different in any meaningful degree if he took the AR from his home or from someone else's home? Except of course that someone who loans a boy a rifle to go get in a gun fight needs to be held accountable?

Sorry you got upset.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    And like I said two times before, I really wish he hadn't done that and I really wish that the police had when they were assaulted. If the police in various cities had been allowed to do their jobs we wouldn't be talking about a boy getting in a gun fight in Kenosha.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I am quickly losing faith that voting has any chance at stopping this slide into chaos, lawlessness and attempted leftist revolution.

We shall see what November brings, but I am not hopeful. Those that seek to destroy America are not interested in doing so through the ballot box.* (ETA: At this point they have already done the work of infiltrating government at the local, state and even national level. They feel they already have to support they need to move to actual revolution.) At some point good people who seek to preserve America will need to start playing by the new rules the radicals are setting, and it ain't going to be pretty.
    I agree. Another 4 years for trump I think is only delaying the inevitable. I hope he gets re-elected and I believe he will by a landslide. Something I have noticed that is as predictable as the sunrise , is the leftist come with wrath and harder and harder the more they see his chances increasing
    Examples of this is the turn up of rhetoric and poles that tell us how doomed trump is.
    The taste of a marxist ran global system is so close they can taste it and will stop at nothing to try and sieze control.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why is it you wanted to get into a ridiculous keyboard tussle over this? The only difference is where he physically laid hand to the gun.

I've previously heard that he borrowed the weapon from an acquaintance. And that he commuted to Kenosha. None of which matters a fried cheese curd. And by the way, having lived in northern Illinois three decades ago, I'm well aware of the geography.

Now, what's being said by the world at large is the boy went to Wisconsin, cleaned up graffiti, got a weapon to defend used cars, went out and (according to the video we all saw shortly after it happened) got into a shoot 'em up melee that night in the middle of the street. Now is that the truth (this morning) according to the world? Yes, for now. If I remember correctly the video also showed the boy afterward approaching four police vehicles who shooed him away.

What is any different in any meaningful degree if he took the AR from his home or from someone else's home? Except of course that someone who loans a boy a rifle to go get in a gun fight needs to be held accountable?

Sorry you got upset.

Oh I'm not upset at all. Perhaps it was your wording, or perhaps it was the way I interpreted your wording but I just disagreed with it.

iu

:)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Have a plan for the elections, because if the President wins the blast of negative energy from the losers is going to be fierce. It will manifest itself in a lot of unpleasant ways.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I agree as well. As long as the Democrat leadership (and I use that term loosely) keeps enabling the destructive behaviour this country will continue on the current path.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Wouldn't they just get fired?

Came back with a second thought...
    How many chiefs have been selected on the basis of ideology? I gots no idea but geepers, why wouldn't that be a qualification?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I agree as well. As long as the Democrat leadership (and I use that term loosely) keeps enabling the destructive behaviour this country will continue on the current path.
    I'm concerned that the election is going to be contested regardless of who wins, and some fairly serious unrest is going to follow.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom