Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    dusty88,
    Can it be avoided without shutting down the financiers?
    The only thing I see that would ultimately avoid these clashes is someone who can communicate with both types of disaffected people.

The Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street both grew out of anger about bank bailouts. They were both grass roots responses. Both were quickly co-opted by each party and came to hate each other.

The conservative/liberal discourse has often become vile. I speak to people on both sides. The liberals are a bit more vile right now, I'll admit. If you won't denounce Trump supporters as fascists or racist, then some of them won't speak to you.

This Kenosha situation is a good example. A number of people who are otherwise intelligent are immediately convinced that if you show up somewhere with a rifle you are guilty of murder. Period. No debate. It's also an example of the cultural divide.

The Portland shooting OTOH has a bit more moderate headlines from the middle, waiting to see who-did-what. But conservative sites are quick to blame "Antifa".

So I hope something comes along to get people talking again, because I don't think violent conflicts are going to bring us a more benign government.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Regarding all of the fuss over gun charges; does anybody know if the "bicep" guy has been charged with anything for firing his pistol and waving it around at the kid? Just curious.

The only thing I see that would ultimately avoid these clashes is someone who can communicate with both types of disaffected people.

The Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street both grew out of anger about bank bailouts. They were both grass roots responses. Both were quickly co-opted by each party and came to hate each other.

The conservative/liberal discourse has often become vile. I speak to people on both sides. The liberals are a bit more vile right now, I'll admit. If you won't denounce Trump supporters as fascists or racist, then some of them won't speak to you.

This Kenosha situation is a good example. A number of people who are otherwise intelligent are immediately convinced that if you show up somewhere with a rifle you are guilty of murder. Period. No debate. It's also an example of the cultural divide.

The Portland shooting OTOH has a bit more moderate headlines from the middle, waiting to see who-did-what. But conservative sites are quick to blame "Antifa".

So I hope something comes along to get people talking again, because I don't think violent conflicts are going to bring us a more benign government.

My sister's boyfriend is one of those. He has a bad habit of thinking he knows what is in others' hearts. He KNOWS for a FACT that Kyle went up there to shoot people and nothing more. He's a blood thirsty racist that just wanted to hunt humans. SMH

Of course he also shared a meme that directly compares Tamir Rice* with Kyle. As if Kyle didnt get into any trouble and is still walking the streets a free man. That guy has no critical thinking skills.

*the 14yo kid that pulled a toy gun on an approaching officer and was shot dead if you dont recall.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is a silver lining. At least the pedophile Rittenhouse killed, died doing what he loved; chasing minors. :dunno:
    (I cannot take credit for that joke, my friend just told it to me)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    EMpXT42.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Looks to me like he's defending one of the females. But, whaddaiknow?

I only looked at it twice, but I can't tell if the person in the dark pendleton-style shirt is a woman or a dude in some kind of knit cap. The car driving through frame is in the way when the whole thing starts, but it looks like the short girl who was trying to hold Rittenhouse back gets hit first. If a dude hits her, I can absolutely see going after him. What little I know about him doesn't lead me to believe he would need to be held back from hitting a woman

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think were pretty much in agreement that this kid isn’t guilty of murder? Anybody think otherwise at this point? With that said, now we can address the wisdom behind what led up to Rittenhouse being involved in this event. If he wasn’t supposed to have a firearm, and he knew and understood that. Then if he had obeyed the law, this situation would have never occurred. At this point, that’s about the limit of Rittenhouse’s jeopardy.
    Ill remind that when Trayvon Martin was killed, INGO took great interest about the contents of his backpack at school. Remember that? If it was ok then, it’s ok now.

And I will remind you that Martin jumped Zimmerman and was shot at near contact range while he had Zimmerman on the ground, so 'Then if he had obeyed the law, this situation would have never occurred' applies equally well

And I recall a lot of people focusing on what Zimmerman had been doing prior to what was unquestionably self defense, as if that made much difference to the parameters of the use of deadly force

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I personally see something from all of this, well many things....
    But one that stands out is LEO does no good.. more effective is law abiding citizens being allowed to protect themselves and property.. but there in is the catch 22.. if people are allowed to defend themselves and property (legitimately) then the need for state powers is lessened and the state does not want that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

View attachment 90610

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wouldn't they just get fired?

Came back with a second thought...
    How many chiefs have been selected on the basis of ideology? I gots no idea but geepers, why wouldn't that be a qualification?

Of the many LEO I know/have known, I can't think of one who respected his Chief or thought he/she was anything other than a political creature. Even the ones who come up through the ranks forget where they are from

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My favorite Col. Cooper quote:

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that 'violence begets violence.' I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure — and in some cases I have — that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

Another one that is very relevant today:

A free man must not be told how to think, either by the government or by social activists. He may certainly be shown the right way, but he must not accept being forced into it.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Earlier in this thread I posted a link to a Colion Noir video with an analysis of the Kyle Rittenhouse. He has now posted a compilation video showing some of what was really going on in the area Rittenhouse was at.

Frankly, I found some of this a little disturbing. The video is worth a watch; however those who really need to watch it are those plugged in to the MSM and believing the propaganda they are being fed. https://youtu.be/75uwKcD3dv4

What is on display here is simply wanton destruction and criminality. Looting, burning, assault all on display. I'm not sure the roving bands shown in the video even deserve due process. Many of those simply destroying need addressed as dangerous feral humans who cannot be trusted in society.

Frankly, the more that is learned about Portland, Minneapolis, and now Kenosha; I am really having difficulty not loosing my s*** when someone of a left leaning persuasion start with the "peaceful protest" line.

Is it time to run outside with my carbine screaming yet?!!! Asking for a friend...

(I really want to vent and rant, but then I would end up banned)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Earlier in this thread I posted a link to a Colion Noir video with an analysis of the Kyle Rittenhouse. He has now posted a compilation video showing some of what was really going on in the area Rittenhouse was at.

Frankly, I found some of this a little disturbing. The video is worth a watch; however those who really need to watch it are those plugged in to the MSM and believing the propaganda they are being fed. https://youtu.be/75uwKcD3dv4

What is on display here is simply wanton destruction and criminality. Looting, burning, assault all on display. I'm not sure the roving bands shown in the video even deserve due process. Many of those simply destroying need addressed as dangerous feral humans who cannot be trusted in society.

Frankly, the more that is learned about Portland, Minneapolis, and now Kenosha; I am really having difficulty not loosing my s*** when someone of a left leaning persuasion start with the "peaceful protest" line.

Is it time to run outside with my carbine screaming yet?!!! Asking for a friend...

I like the way you describe them as " dangerous feral humans"

Spot on.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

One thing to consider is that Kenosha is not the obvious place for these incidents to start. A suburb between Chicago and Milwaukee, basically a normal middle class area last I knew (though I haven't been there for years). If it can happen there, it can happen anywhere

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I wouldn’t say out number us, just louder as they get offended by everything.

I Explosives
    True, and then some. They are more tech savvy, more willing to break the law if they think it’s right for them (what some here may call ‘following a higher law), and more accepting of others with different views than their own to a very specific point (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). They have a lot going for them, if the truth doesn’t matter.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    One thing to consider is that Kenosha is not the obvious place for these incidents to start. A suburb between Chicago and Milwaukee, basically a normal middle class area last I knew (though I haven't been there for years). If it can happen there, it can happen anywhere

exactly, I was pointing this out to some family that Kenosha is <1/2 the population of Fort Wayne....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom