Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That's because too many on INGO would rather use a microscope to criticize the flaws of a good person than pay proper attention to the malevolence and criminality that he was confronted with. I asked several pages back about any charges against any of the rioters. Not a single answer was given.

Something something beam, something something mote.....

What Rittenhouse is guilty of is poor judgment, in seeking out a fight.

The homicide charges will depend on his lawyer’s skill- Evidence that has been made public seems to me to indicate self defense.

I wish him the best of luck.

Blessings,
    Bill

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    That's because too many on INGO would rather use a microscope to criticize the flaws of a good person than pay proper attention to the malevolence and criminality that he was confronted with. I asked several pages back about any charges against any of the rioters. Not a single answer was given.

Not sure if i saw your previous post but i think Glock dude should be charged with assault

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

The homicide charges will depend on his lawyer’s skill- Evidence that has been made public seems to me to indicate self defense.

Blessings,
    Bill

The people who attacked him were seeking a fight. Rittenhouse was there for cleanup, to provide medical assistance and to defend a business. Would you claim that the roof Koreans were looking for a fight? Would you claim that the Sihks pictured carrying guns in front of their business were looking for a fight? Rittenhouse was never looking for a fight and was forced to defend himself at every step.

My statement stands.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Rittenhouse is charged with 2 counts of homicide and 1 count of attempted homicide, and INGO is obsessed over a misdemeanor gun charge and a high school fight.

Got it.

:):

If I were to guess if the big boy charged are waived the gun charge will be waived back to kiddie court for final disposition. And it will most likely be time served and probation...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Honestly guys I'm completely over the legal hair-splitting.

I agree completely.

I am beyond giving a **** about the nitpicking over what “i” wasn’t properly dotted among the thousands of BS gun laws we have to deal with. IF (yes IF) this proves out to be a defensive shooting and yet he’s convicted and jailed over some BS Gun possession charge, EVERY gun owner in the midwest should converge on that city and demand gun law reform and his release. Seems to be the only form of “discussion” anyone understands anymore.

It seems most people here would rather nitpick legal nonsense than focus on the fact the gun was used in self defense. The rioters/antifa don’t care about the details, heck neither do the actual peaceful protestors. Go tell the mob their arguments aren’t valid because of some legal BS from the incidents they discuss and see what reaction you get; they aren’t trying to nitpic a legal defense, they are trying to change things. They don’t care. Seems a lesson in there for us. IF (yes IF) this kid acted purely in self defense, but is convicted because of BS age/hunter training whatever law, then we need to be heard that there are too many stupid laws on the books, infringing on our ability and right to self defense.

Because looking ahead, as police agencies ARE defunded (some through political activity, some through tax base evacuating this chaos), the odds of defending yourself will go up. But these left/progressive DAs will be happy to jail you over any stupid gun law they can. WE will be further squeezed in the middle between the criminals and the law. How much longer will the chaos continue? What is today, day 94?

I was sick to my stomach when they took the guns from that couple in St Louise and charged them. That could be any one of us. Pure BS. Who are you more afraid of, the mob or the law? ... seems that’s a question we could all be faced with.

Even if you are 100% compliant with the law and need your gun for self defense, there’s a good chance you’ll have guns taken and be charged with something. ...even if you don’t fire a round, even in the shadow of your own home. And ARE you 100% perfectly compliant with EVERY gun law you may encounter, especially if you travel between states? Man, I sure try, but there are a LOT of laws on the books....

-rvb

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree completely.

I am beyond giving a **** about the nitpicking over what “i” wasn’t properly dotted among the thousands of BS gun laws we have to deal with. IF (yes IF) this proves out to be a defensive shooting and yet he’s convicted and jailed over some BS Gun possession charge, EVERY gun owner in the midwest should converge on that city and demand gun law reform and his release. Seems to be the only form of “discussion” anyone understands anymore.

It seems most people here would rather nitpick legal nonsense than focus on the fact the gun was used in self defense. The rioters/antifa don’t care about the details, heck neither do the actual peaceful protestors. Go tell the mob their arguments aren’t valid because of some legal BS from the incidents they discuss and see what reaction you get; they aren’t trying to nitpic a legal defense, they are trying to change things. They don’t care. Seems a lesson in there for us. IF (yes IF) this kid acted purely in self defense, but is convicted because of BS age/hunter training whatever law, then we need to be heard that there are too many stupid laws on the books, infringing on our ability and right to self defense.

Because looking ahead, as police agencies ARE defunded (some through political activity, some through tax base evacuating this chaos), the odds of defending yourself will go up. But these left/progressive DAs will be happy to jail you over any stupid gun law they can. WE will be further squeezed in the middle between the criminals and the law. How much longer will the chaos continue? What is today, day 94?

I was sick to my stomach when they took the guns from that couple in St Louise and charged them. That could be any one of us. Pure BS. Who are you more afraid of, the mob or the law... seems that’s a question we could all be faced with.

Even if you are 100% compliant with the law, there’s a good chance you’ll have guns taken and be charged with something. And ARE you 100% perfectly compliant with EVERY gun law you may encounter, especially if you travel between states? Man, I sure try, but there are a LOT of laws on the books....

-rvb

Winning.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Ha! Thought you were being sarcastic and ironic... you do realize the times we live in... that the foot soldiers of the left will not be charged for their crimes because they advance or attempt to advance the cause.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Rittenhouse is charged with 2 counts of homicide and 1 count of attempted homicide, and INGO is obsessed over a misdemeanor gun charge and a high school fight.

Got it.

Because after reviewing all the video showing self-defense, it looked like the gun charge was the only one that would stick... 9 months ain't nothing... but even that charge does not exist within that section of Wisconsin law.

Some said it's vague. It ain't, it is specific... that section does NOT apply for long guns unless SBR/SBS or in a hunting context. The law SPECIFICALLY does a notch-out of long guns in that section.

ETA: Now that that is out of the way, next order of business will be if the kid recklessly put rounds downrange when not under attack... the final charges.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I agree completely.

I was sick to my stomach when they took the guns from that couple in St Louise and charged them. That could be any one of us. Pure BS. Who are you more afraid of, the mob or the law? ... seems that’s a question we could all be faced with.

Even if you are 100% compliant with the law and need your gun for self defense, there’s a good chance you’ll have guns taken and be charged with something. ...even if you don’t fire a round, even in the shadow of your own home. And ARE you 100% perfectly compliant with EVERY gun law you may encounter, especially if you travel between states? Man, I sure try, but there are a LOT of laws on the books....

-rvb

Ummm... think you need to re-read the thread... you obviously missed a couple hundred posts focused on self-defense.

And, you do realize that on the age thing, the prosecutor is charging him with a crime THAT DOESN'T EXIST in Wisconsin. I get and share your animous over there being too many BS gun laws on the books... but open your eyes, here there wasn't one so they just made it up on the spot. That is even more outrageous and indicates a shift towards tyranny... not just trumped up charges, made up charges.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Got it.

So I take it they're "wrongful" homicide if they're charging him with homicide. I don't see how it can just be homicide, otherwise self defense would be illegal.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The people who attacked him were seeking a fight. Rittenhouse was there for cleanup, to provide medical assistance and to defend a business. Would you claim that the roof Koreans were looking for a fight? Would you claim that the Sihks pictured carrying guns in front of their business were looking for a fight? Rittenhouse was never looking for a fight and was forced to defend himself at every step.

My statement stands.

The roof Koreans were protecting their own businesses when the rioting was brought to them. Rittenhouse worked in town as a lifeguard and at 17, had no business being asked to provide security to the car lot.

Don’t misunderstand me, his actions in self defense were correct from what I know of them. I just don’t think he should have been there after he got off work. My $0.02. You don’t have to agree any more than I have to agree with you.

Blessings,
    Bill

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Regarding all of the fuss over gun charges; does anybody know if the "bicep" guy has been charged with anything for firing his pistol and waving it around at the kid? Just curious.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I think if legislatures can't write clear laws, ambiguity should generally fall to the favor of the accused. I mean the way it's worded a 5 year old girl could walk down main street with an AR. Legislature should fix that as soon as possible. If the intent was only to provide an exception for hunting, it's pretty easy to make the law literally say that.

What's wrong with my 5 yr old carrying the backup? Can she at least tote the extra mags? She has a right to defend herself too.

Now where's that "tongue in cheek" emoji?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For me, point one is the simplest: Don't go anywhere WITH a gun that I won’t go without one.

I would not have gone into the fray, as my guns are here to protect me and mine when trouble seeks me out. Mr. Miyagi taught us that the best way to avoid a fight is to not be there.

After that, everything else is secondary. He went there “to protect others”.... I thought people were paid to do that, or it’s their own responsibility. I do get that civil authority is not allowing police to do the jobs they signed up to do.

Props to Mr. Rittenhouse for judicious marksmanship and for *immediately* calling police himself. I respect his goal, I just don’t think it was very smart.

Finally: All lives matter. Black, Brown, Asian, and yes, White. When a criminal makes the decision to feel froggy, though, you can’t blame the person who stops him in mid leap. They decided someone was getting hurt that day. Mr. Rittenhouse decided it was not going to be him. Both decisions were correct-someone got hurt, and it was not him. The first, made differently, would have precluded the second.

Blessings,
    Bill

PS: I am not Muldoon. I am not that tall, but I have more facial hair. That is all.

Rittenhouse did not call police. He called a friend and it was the friend who called 911.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I think were pretty much in agreement that this kid isn’t guilty of murder? Anybody think otherwise at this point? With that said, now we can address the wisdom behind what led up to Rittenhouse being involved in this event. If he wasn’t supposed to have a firearm, and he knew and understood that. Then if he had obeyed the law, this situation would have never occurred. At this point, that’s about the limit of Rittenhouse’s jeopardy.
    Ill remind that when Trayvon Martin was killed, INGO took great interest about the contents of his backpack at school. Remember that? If it was ok then, it’s ok now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Blessings,
    Bill

Some parts of INGO act like if you say anything critical of Rittenhouse, you’re ****ting on their god. I don’t feel like I need to prop up a hero in all this. Rittenhouse did some things right and he did some things wrong. It’s not a sin against the faithful to talk about both.

I do agree with you that I’m not gonna go most places with a gun that I wouldn’t go without one. I think it was unwise to go there, and this is just speculation, but I would be surprised if he spent any time verifying that Wisconsin’s age loophole could make him legal to carry it.

But I also think he wasn’t looking for a fight. He seemed to want to help people as much or more than protect property. If he wasn’t there the people that he treated would have had to endure until someone else with the training could show up. There are several things he did that were commendable. The poor judgement in some parts of that day don’t erase those.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Let's see: 3 for red t-shirt, one for surprised skateboard punk, one for glock medic, maybe a couple of wild rounds. Seems like ten would do it

How many rounds would it take?

iu

The world may never know... ;)

Top Bottom