Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Im fairly confident you’re reading it wrong. Or more specifically, taking things from one section and applying it to another.
    Further, I have every confidence that Rittenhouse isn’t the first kid to get dinged for minor in possession of a dangerous weapon, and that case law will ultimately prove his possession of the rifle as being illegal.

There's couple of attorneys in WI who specialize in gun rights cases who opined here. They both said that the section of the law that Chip cited was indeed intended for hunting, but could apply beyond that. One of the attorneys said that he "would argue to apply a rule of law that interprets ambiguous criminal statutes in favor of the defendant."

So I think it's far from certain either way. It would not bother me at all if the kid beat all the charges.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...osha-protest-shooting-17-year-old/3444231001/

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Politifact is ****.

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...yle-rittenhouse-break-law-carrying-assault-st

Here's kinda the gist.

"Since his lawyer has said that Rittenhouse obtained the assault-style rifle from a friend in Wisconsin (meaning that he didn’t transport it with him from Illinois), we’re going to focus on the second half of the claim — that it was "perfectly legal" for the teenager to carry a firearm in Kenosha.

Is that true? State laws suggest not.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice honors concealed carry permits issued in Illinois. But Rittenhouse did not have a permit to begin with, and he was not legally old enough to carry a firearm in Wisconsin."

:n00b:

WTF? Uh. It's a rifle. Concealed carry permit? That's irrelevant. He don't need no stinkin' permit. The part about not being legally old enough to carry a firearm in Wisconsin isn't clear cut either. They rated this as flat out false. I think it could easily be rated as, "eh? maybe."

Politifact is so full of **** on this that if you have high blood pressure, you probably shouldn't read it. Or maybe if you have one of those spongy squeeze toys for when you get upset, at last make sure you have it nearby. It's flat out biased and/or incompetent factchecking,

Honorable mention:

• Rittenhouse "fled" back to Antioch after the shooting.
    • A newspaper reported that Rittenhouse considered himself to be a militia member protecting private property. Of course that's based on their interpretation of the interview videoed earlier with Daily Caller. Okay "journalists", what militia group is he affiliated with? Hmm?
    • Rittenhouse's Facebook page had several posts expressing support for police. :runaway: He supports the....I...I just can't hardly say it without getting the vapors....He actually supports the police? OMG! NAZI! Obviously proof that he's a member of some far right wing Nazi White Nationalist group.

Danial Funke, author of this nonsense, is a staff writer [STRIKE]covering[/STRIKE] manufacturing online misinformation for Politi****ed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks to me like he's defending one of the females. But, whaddaiknow?

It looks to me like I'm not sure who that guy in the video is. Maybe it's Rittenhouse. The guy in the video, although not really fit, seems fitter than Rittenhouse. It supposedly happened a couple of months ago. I dunno. It's just a high school cat fight that he got himself in the middle of.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    A longer version is on Youtube, but that one captures the fight. Is that Kyle Rittenhouse? The captions say it is. Is it? I mean. If it is, it is. Before I pass judgement I'd kinda like to know first that it's him, and second what the context is.

It looks to me like I'm not sure who that guy in the video is. Maybe it's Rittenhouse. The guy in the video, although not really fit, seems fitter than Rittenhouse. It supposedly happened a couple of months ago. I dunno. It's just a high school cat fight that he got himself in the middle of.

It's pretty clear that it's him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQIkHGRUyxQ

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    fund.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fundraising-initiatives-have-surfaced-for-alleged-kenosha-shooter

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Okay, it's him. I still don't know the context. Would kinda be nice to have that. But without it, I'll go out on a limb to say 1) he got into the middle of a high school cat fight. 2) it confirms his lack of wisdom for getting into the middle of a high school cat fight.

The text below the video says this: This is footage showing the character of Kyle Rittenhouse who has become a Conservative folk hero. This is their hero. This is their king. This is their ideology.

Okay. Is Kyle a conservative folk hero? Is he your king? Is this your ideology? WTF does that even mean?

What I'd say about Rittenhouse is this. I think he character is typical of a 17 year old male. He makes (he's made) poor choices. Some of those choices have turned his life to ****. He's not a hero. He did some good things. I think it was great that he served as a medic to help anyone who needed it. I think it was great he worked on removing graffiti. Those things show that he at least has some good character. He's certainly not a king. And I don't think this is even an issue of ideology.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There's couple of attorneys in WI who specialize in gun rights cases who opined here. They both said that the section of the law that Chip cited was indeed intended for hunting, but could apply beyond that. One of the attorneys said that he "would argue to apply a rule of law that interprets ambiguous criminal statutes in favor of the defendant."

So I think it's far from certain either way. It would not bother me at all if the kid beat all the charges.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...osha-protest-shooting-17-year-old/3444231001/

Well yeah, it’s not the clearest statue in the world. And yeah, there is some ambiguousness, however, I think we all know the spirit of the law is clear - that being a person under 18 should be in possession of a firearm in the way Rittenhouse was. If the kid walks on that charge, then I image there are going to be a whole lot of convictions vacated. And that will, I assure you, create way more problems than WI wants to deal with.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well yeah, it’s not the clearest statue in the world. And yeah, there is some ambiguousness, however, I think we all know the spirit of the law is clear - that being a person under 18 should be in possession of a firearm in the way Rittenhouse was. If the kid walks on that charge, then I image there are going to be a whole lot of convictions vacated. And that will, I assure you, create way more problems than WI wants to deal with.

I think if legislatures can't write clear laws, ambiguity should generally fall to the favor of the accused. I mean the way it's worded a 5 year old girl could walk down main street with an AR. Legislature should fix that as soon as possible. If the intent was only to provide an exception for hunting, it's pretty easy to make the law literally say that.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For me, point one is the simplest: Don't go anywhere WITH a gun that I won’t go without one.

I would not have gone into the fray, as my guns are here to protect me and mine when trouble seeks me out. Mr. Miyagi taught us that the best way to avoid a fight is to not be there.

After that, everything else is secondary. He went there “to protect others”.... I thought people were paid to do that, or it’s their own responsibility. I do get that civil authority is not allowing police to do the jobs they signed up to do.

Props to Mr. Rittenhouse for judicious marksmanship and for *immediately* calling police himself. I respect his goal, I just don’t think it was very smart.

Finally: All lives matter. Black, Brown, Asian, and yes, White. When a criminal makes the decision to feel froggy, though, you can’t blame the person who stops him in mid leap. They decided someone was getting hurt that day. Mr. Rittenhouse decided it was not going to be him. Both decisions were correct-someone got hurt, and it was not him. The first, made differently, would have precluded the second.

Blessings,
    Bill

PS: I am not Muldoon. I am not that tall, but I have more facial hair. That is all.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Rittenhouse is charged with 2 counts of homicide and 1 count of attempted homicide, and INGO is obsessed over a misdemeanor gun charge and a high school fight.

Got it.

:):

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Rittenhouse is charged with 2 counts of homicide and 1 count of attempted homicide, and INGO is obsessed over a misdemeanor gun charge and a high school fight.

Got it.

:):

That's because too many on INGO would rather use a microscope to criticize the flaws of a good person than pay proper attention to the malevolence and criminality that he was confronted with. I asked several pages back about any charges against any of the rioters. Not a single answer was given.

Top Bottom