Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The decline in Indiana cases appears to have flattened as has the positivity rate.- around 700-800 positives a day with 3.3% positivity.

The positive per day number is about where we were last July.

The good news is that while we were running at 10-12 average deaths per day last July, we are only at 4 average deaths per day now....and there's not a single thing I can think of that would make that different now versus last July.
    It's the double masking. Has to be the double masking, right? :dunno:

Seriously, As it spreads now through a population that has more immunity, either from having it before, or because of being vaccinated, maybe the virus has become attenuated.

Nah. Has to be Fauci's double-masking.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The decline in Indiana cases appears to have flattened as has the positivity rate.- around 700-800 positives a day with 3.3% positivity.

The positive per day number is about where we were last July.

The good news is that while we were running at 10-12 average deaths per day last July, we are only at 4 average deaths per day now....and there's not a single thing I can think of that would make that different now versus last July.
    1. Better treatment protocols?
    2. Maybe its burned through the portion of the population particularly susceptible to the disease?

Otherwise I got nuttin....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There are fewer motorcycle crashes now than in July.
    Saw an interesting stat on that - well, vehicle crashes - over the weekend.

Can't vouch for the provenance of it, but the takeaway was that MVAs were down, but fatalities from them are up (slightly).

It reminded me of an accident investigator I knew a LONG time ago opining that the vast majority of single-vehicle fatal accidents were suicides.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    People need to just tell that guy to **** all the way off. It's like Jeff Bezos lobbying to require people to buy cheap **** from china.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

For those who have been following the whole CTU sideshow, the union is now telling their members to lie about getting the vaccine so they can't be forced back to work.

It's not about covid. It's not about "safety". Vaccinated people require zero "accommodation", zero distancing, zero masks, zero extra consideration of any kid. The vaccines are an existential threat to their desire to stay home and "teach" in their underwear forever, so they're going to lie about even if they do get vaccinated.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That was posted in another thread, and my response: It's an editorial, so anyone can say anything without anything that actually backs up the assertion.

The author's pretty decent at fiction writing.

Of course, there's probably a handful of introverts and dogs that are enjoying this time, but Kurt didn't actually identify anyone.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That was posted in another thread, and my response: It's an editorial, so anyone can say anything without anything that actually backs up the assertion.

Of course, there's probably a handful of introverts and dogs that are enjoying this time, but Kurt didn't actually identify anyone.
    This is pure comic relief right here. No matter what is posted, JK has never seen it and doubts its existence. It has been suggested many times to get head out of sand to see what others are reporting but alas if it isn't seen in FW it doesn't exist.

I know a lady that her normal weekdays are up early for long train ride to Chicago, over 2 hours a day, think she isn't loving working from home and dreads when she actually has to start the grueling rides everyday?

Of course there's the Chicago teachers that the union just told to keep secret if they had the vaccine so they cannot be sent back to work in person.

Could list dozens more...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Speaking of agenda... Russian foreign minister visited China with a mask with English letters. Consonants, to be precise.

Sergei-Lavrov-in-Guilin-Twitter-lauriechenwords1.jpg

For those that can't make it out, the top word starts with an "F" and ends with an "NG" and has a "CK" in the middle. The second word is "quarantine" without vowels.

I LOL'd. :D

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You guys are acting like treatment and vaccines have anything to do with anything.

Curves...only curves.
    And many people act like this is an unprecedented situation calling for drastic measures all out of proportion to its standing in history...

The carnage actually witnessed by most Americans more closely aligns with the chart rather than the media/political narrative...

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

You're being as general as you claim Kurt is being.

Which of his examples do you not believe are true?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom