• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This is pure comic relief right here. No matter what is posted, JK has never seen it and doubts its existence. It has been suggested many times to get head out of sand to see what others are reporting but alas if it isn't seen in FW it doesn't exist.

I know a lady that her normal weekdays are up early for long train ride to Chicago, over 2 hours a day, think she isn't loving working from home and dreads when she actually has to start the grueling rides everyday?

Of course there's the Chicago teachers that the union just told to keep secret if they had the vaccine so they cannot be sent back to work in person.

Could list dozens more...
    That article was pretty good, we even saw some of that here early in the pandemic with people almost giddy reporting the daily cases and deaths. This was probably the most excitement many have seen before lol.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I ain't gonna lie. I love working from home. Always had, long before the pandemic was even a twinkle in China's eye. There's a pretty good chance that we may never return to the office, or if we do, it will be on a very limited basis. Just before it all hit, we were already in the process of reducing our footprint in the building via telework and desk sharing, and now it's been reduced to almost zero. That doesn't mean I "love" the pandemic, even in the slightest. I hate the masks and all the crap that goes along with it. I haven't been vaccinated. The jury is still out on whether or not I will. It was just the event that happened to bring my "dream" to reality. I'm not going to apologize for that. :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It doesn't even matter how many on the right other than that they're ****ing it up for normal people. The Left is the side with just about all the institutional power. All that the people on the right who act on their belief that the other side is the enemy do is to fuel the case against them. That **** at the capitol has enabled Pelosi and company to get away with saying and doing some pretty authoritarian things that they never would have had political capital to do the last time they held control of the government.
    'That **** at the capitol' surely didn't help, but if you can look at what was done during the election and after (including the 2nd impeachment) and conclude that Pelosi and Co. wouldn't be just as authoritarian without that excuse, you need to put down the pipe

I would expect you've read the various Democrats coming out with (being given) the analysis that they didn't go nearly far enough when they held this kind of power in 2009, and they need to move boldly now. Most of this was likely already in the playbook just waiting for the chance

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I ain't gonna lie. I love working from home. Always had, long before the pandemic was even a twinkle in China's eye. There's a pretty good chance that we may never return to the office, or if we do, it will be on a very limited basis. Just before it all hit, we were already in the process of reducing our footprint in the building via telework and desk sharing, and now it's been reduced to almost zero. That doesn't mean I "love" the pandemic, even in the slightest. I hate the masks and all the crap that goes along with it. I haven't been vaccinated. The jury is still out on whether or not I will. It was just the event that happened to bring my "dream" to reality. I'm not going to apologize for that. :dunno:
    I agree, I enjoy working from home, I can do anything I need to from here. I miss the interaction though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I agree, I enjoy working from home, I can do anything I need to from here. I miss the interaction though.
    I don't miss the interaction. I've never been one to hang out with my coworkers. Never went to the office parties, etc.. I'm good with emails, IM's and Skype (audio only) meetings. I've always pretty much kept my private life separate from my work life, so it works for me. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That was posted in another thread, and my response: It's an editorial, so anyone can say anything without anything that actually backs up the assertion.

The author's pretty decent at fiction writing.

Of course, there's probably a handful of introverts and dogs that are enjoying this time, but Kurt didn't actually identify anyone.
    I've come across some people that act like they don't want it to end. I think it's not a far stretch. We used to call those kinds of people "drama queens".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm fortunate that my employer has a very open policy about working from home. Before the pandemic I WFH maybe 2-3 days per week, but I did like to go into the office for meeting-heavy days, because meetings were always better in person. Now everyone is remote. When this is all over, I'll probably be 99% remote, and that 1% is probably closer to zero. Teams got a lot better than it was last year at this time. So with the improved meeting tech I just don't see many reasons ever to work from work.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    'That **** at the capitol' surely didn't help, but if you can look at what was done during the election and after (including the 2nd impeachment) and conclude that Pelosi and Co. wouldn't be just as authoritarian without that excuse, you need to put down the pipe

I would expect you've read the various Democrats coming out with (being given) the analysis that they didn't go nearly far enough when they held this kind of power in 2009, and they need to move boldly now. Most of this was likely already in the playbook just waiting for the chance
    Pretty sure there wouldn't be barbed wire wrapped around the Capitol.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It doesn't seem like they even submitted much of an argument at all. "For the purpose Congress intended"? Where does it say that Congress intended the money to buy you a new TV instead of paying your creditors? Paying your creditors stimulates the economy just fine, they take that money and pay employees and issue new credit to new borrowers.

The freaking entitlement of people, jeez.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I recommend reading this column in its entirety. I also recommend the author's 5 novels about the USA splitting into 2: Red and Blue.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I was hoping he would get into whodunnit, for what purposes and whether or not their purposes were satisfied or countered. People have had over a year now to think about it. Not that they are.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    During the Clinton presidency the chatter cranked up on the third way and converting into a service economy. They were correct.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You're being as general as you claim Kurt is being.

Which of his examples do you not believe are true?
    Examples? He just makes a few roundabout assertions, then a ton of metaphoric prose.

He makes the claim that people like the thought of experiencing a dystopian future - a la Walking Dead. I guess we got a taste of it... that's pretty much good enough for most people. I dunno, there's probably a bunch of preppers saying, "See, I told you so!" Oh, and there's a bunch of tinfoil types loving this - they're the ones who will lose their precious anti-vax and Great Reset material.

He makes this claim that people don't want to go back to their sad, boring lives - I don't know who he's talking to, but everyone I know really, really, wants to go back to their active, full lives. Personally, I want to travel, I want to host dinner parties, I want to go to concerts, I want to shake hands at church again, I want to stop wearing this mask!

I think he might be confusing, "Let's be sure this is really over before we say it's over" and, "I never want it to end."

And let's not forget, he's a political commentator so he gets paid to hyper-sensationalize things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom