• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Examples? He just makes a few roundabout assertions, then a ton of metaphoric prose.

He makes the claim that people like the thought of experiencing a dystopian future - a la Walking Dead. I guess we got a taste of it... that's pretty much good enough for most people. I dunno, there's probably a bunch of preppers saying, "See, I told you so!" Oh, and there's a bunch of tinfoil types loving this - they're the ones who will lose their precious anti-vax and Great Reset material.

He makes this claim that people don't want to go back to their sad, boring lives - I don't know who he's talking to, but everyone I know really, really, wants to go back to their active, full lives. Personally, I want to travel, I want to host dinner parties, I want to go to concerts, I want to shake hands at church again, I want to stop wearing this mask!

I think he might be confusing, "Let's be sure this is really over before we say it's over" and, "I never want it to end."

And let's not forget, he's a political commentator so he gets paid to hyper-sensationalize things.

Have you missed the stories about the Great Reset?

There are a ton of people enjoying the opportunity the lockdowns have presented.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have you missed the stories about the Great Reset?

There are a ton of people enjoying the opportunity the lockdowns have presented.

Yeah, I've seen all the "Great Reset" stuff.

That's my point, there's large contingent of folks making these globalist claims and such... what happens when things get back to normal and there's no evil Great Reset of economics? There's a great many people comforted by the thought that anything bad in the word can be attributed to some shadowy force (globalist, Clintons, Deep State, The rich, Col. Sanders, etc.). Those people might have to accept that all this was just really a bad virus running rampant.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I guess its comforting to think that people, even evil people, are behind it all because the idea that the world is running on the ragged edge of chaos at any one time because no one is in charge or has a grand scheme is too frightening to acknowledge.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess its comforting to think that people, even evil people, are behind it all because the idea that the world is running on the ragged edge of chaos at any one time because no one is in charge or has a grand scheme is too frightening to acknowledge.
    "Someone" is always in charge. As a person of faith, I'll leave the interpretation of that statement up to you. :)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Because they don't view them so much as conspiracy theories as they do the fulfillment of prophesy?
    Well you know, I think you're on to system there.
    When Jesus tells you something is going to happen (Are you ready? It's gonna be like really really punny!) you can "take it to the bank"!
    :lmfao:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because they don't view them so much as conspiracy theories as they do the fulfillment of prophesy?
    I suppose.

I'm more than willing to be pleasantly surprised if it happens during my lifetime on earth.

Me being ready doesn't require me knowing when or how; just why.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Examples? He just makes a few roundabout assertions, then a ton of metaphoric prose.

He makes the claim that people like the thought of experiencing a dystopian future - a la Walking Dead. I guess we got a taste of it... that's pretty much good enough for most people. I dunno, there's probably a bunch of preppers saying, "See, I told you so!" Oh, and there's a bunch of tinfoil types loving this - they're the ones who will lose their precious anti-vax and Great Reset material.

He makes this claim that people don't want to go back to their sad, boring lives - I don't know who he's talking to, but everyone I know really, really, wants to go back to their active, full lives. Personally, I want to travel, I want to host dinner parties, I want to go to concerts, I want to shake hands at church again, I want to stop wearing this mask!

I think he might be confusing, "Let's be sure this is really over before we say it's over" and, "I never want it to end."

And let's not forget, he's a political commentator so he gets paid to hyper-sensationalize things.
    I think it would be interesting to see you critically deconstruct an average NPR bit.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think it would be interesting to see you critically deconstruct an average NPR bit.
    I'm really starting to hate listening to Steve Inskeep; I don't care if he is a Hoosier or not.

I avoid most of the commentary on NPR for obvious reasons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom