• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got my Ninja Luxe Cafe and have it setup. The coffee I have currently is :poop: for espresso, but I should have my Bella Finca from Henry on Monday, which is supposed to be great for espresso. The machine was very easy to setup and operate. Hoping that with a more appropriate coffee the results will be at least decent.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Got my Ninja Luxe Cafe and have it setup. The coffee I have currently is :poop: for espresso, but I should have my Bella Finca from Henry on Monday, which is supposed to be great for espresso. The machine was very easy to setup and operate. Hoping that with a more appropriate coffee the results will be at least decent.
    How do you plan to set up your second one?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How do you plan to set up your second one?

The Ninja is pretty automated. I knew the first one was going to be crap, because all the reviews I saw had the grind setting for espresso down under 10, but mine started with a 12 and got out like 2 drops, then the machine calculated like 18, which it did fine, but the shot was definitely not great. Made a latte with it and it was okay, but not great. I believe the auto settings on the machine have a 1:2 ratio and it doses ~18g of coffee for a double shot, outputting ~36g of espresso. Not sure the temp, I only know it's set to "medium". My bella finca arrived early, so I'll likely try dialing in with it tomorrow to see how it fares.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Any of you guys use a Techivorm coffee maker? Currently, I just use a single pour over but in the near future I plan on having to make more coffee at one time, and am wondering if they are worth the investment over my Cuisinart that sits in my pantry.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Any of you guys use a Techivorm coffee maker? Currently, I just use a single pour over but in the near future I plan on having to make more coffee at one time, and am wondering if they are worth the investment over my Cuisinart that sits in my pantry.

I haven't, but all the reviews I've watched or read have been very positive about them. The cost always scared me off of trying one, which is stupid because I've spent more overall trying to find something I like best. If you get one, please let us know your thoughts.

You folks will laugh, but I've been making coffee in this for the last six months...

View attachment 383991

I can still remember my Scoutmaster waking us up to a nice hot cup of campfire peculator coffee. Good stuff!

View attachment 383995
    $7.95 pour over drip basket
    $10 for 500 filter
    50 cent worth of sugar, coffee, and half&half.
    Never going back to coffee shop coffee.

When you find something you like, stick to it. I find most coffee shops to only give a so-so experience at best, for a ludicrous price. One reason I bought my espresso machine was to be able to enjoy a pretty close to coffee shop experience at a fraction of the cost (over time anyway). Honestly, it's not that much better than the "espresso-like" strong coffee I used to make from time to time in my Aeropress, then add frothed milk or half and half from the $12 milk frother I bought that worked like a champ ;)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Friend has one. Go with the thermal carafe if you go that route. I went with the Breville Precision. Both nice. If I was single cup. Pour over is best. Those are good when you need multiple cups or a timesaver

Top Bottom