Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Still very low and you are full of fear of dying of something very few have. More have died of heart problems and cancer than covid19.
    Hmmm... I didn't even mention the virus.

I may or may not want to wear a jacket... or a tie... to dine.

f I don't want to wear either, or am not currently "properly" attired, and an establishment requires either/both, I take my business elsewhere.

Their property, their rules.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Makes no sense to wear a mask that will not stop the virus from entering your body. Makes no sense to take a untested unproven vaccine for a virus very few have died of percentage wise.
    I am in a vaccine study. I took (or didn't) an untested vaccine so that it would be tested and safe for others.

That's what my fear led me to do, but frankly, I knew well that the risk was minimal because I did my research...which included not a single youtube video of a neckbeard sitting in his basement or driving around.

It's not about my illness or my death that concerns me. My decision-making has little to do with me and nothing to do with my personal safety. It has something to do with others and getting back to "normal". No matter what any of us think of the restrictions, such as they are, a year of "this isn't any big deal" has failed to move the needle of the decision makers. In other words, just complaining isn't doing anything to end this.

In sum, do what you want, but don't read motivations into what others do.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I am in a vaccine study. I took (or didn't) an untested vaccine so that it would be tested and safe for others.

That's what my fear led me to do, but frankly, I knew well that the risk was minimal because I did my research...which included not a single youtube video of a neckbeard sitting in his basement or driving around.

It's not about my illness or my death that concerns me. My decision-making has little to do with me and nothing to do with my personal safety. It has something to do with others and getting back to "normal". No matter what any of us think of the restrictions, such as they are, a year of "this isn't any big deal" has failed to move the needle of the decision makers. In other words, just complaining isn't doing anything to end this.
    The only thing stopping us from being normal and having a robust economy is the government and the lies about the Chinese virus.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My final post on the mask threadjack, to avoid aggrevating @churchmouse 's ulcer any further...

@DadSmith and @Ingomike, your arguments sound very much like "liberty for me, but not for thee" to me. :dunno:

with that, I yield the field.
    Ever heard of individual freedom? I believe our founders believed in it. Our constitution is full of individual rights and freedom.

The greater good is communist propaganda brainwashing to help destroy individual rights and freedom.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hmmm... I didn't even mention the virus.

I may or may not want to wear a jacket... or a tie... to dine.

f I don't want to wear either, or am not currently "properly" attired, and an establishment requires either/both, I take my business elsewhere.

Their property, their rules.
    But I see absolutely nothing wrong in going in without that jacket or tie as long as you leave when they ask. How many times have I gone in and they said oh, we don't enforce that on Mondays. No tresspassing sign is just a notice in many states.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    You quoted a portion of my post, which was clearly about Vitamin D. And you said it was not accurate.

But now you say you were not talking about Vitamin D, but rather about a vaccine.

So by taking my post out of context and claiming it was not accurate, are you 1) intentionally trying to mislead others or 2) just have bad reading comprehension, or is it that 3) you are pushing your agenda?
    Deep breath in.....slowly exhale.

I agree with you. I had "vaccine" on my mind and in error replied to you.

Deep breath in...exhale slowly.

Just for you, I'll work on my reading comprehension. Thanks for the constructive critique.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

In sum, do what you want, but don't read motivations into what others do.
    I suspect that what you're doing won't move the needle either. No pun intended.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    But I see absolutely nothing wrong in going in without that jacket or tie as long as you leave when they ask. How many times have I gone in and they said oh, we don't enforce that on Mondays. No tresspassing sign is just a notice in many states.
    I was with my son the other night and had to make a Kroger stop. We both went in and after about 2 minutes I realized I did not have a mask on, I didn't think about it even though he had his on. I covered my face and while walking past a manager, my son told him I forgot my mask. You could see in the managers eyes he was smiling and then said, don't worry about the mask and walked away. I uncovered my face and walked around the store without any weird looks or comments.

It felt good....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was with my son the other night and had to make a Kroger stop. We both went in and after about 2 minutes I realized I did not have a mask on, I didn't think about it even though he had his on. I covered my face and while walking past a manager, my son told him I forgot my mask. You could see in the managers eyes he was smiling and then said, don't worry about the mask and walked away. I uncovered my face and walked around the store without any weird looks or comments.

It felt good....
    Took the kids to the park today. Maybe 10 others there at the playground adults and kids. Not a mask to be seen. The terrorists pulled there's off and ran off to play. Half hour later the playground was teeming with people/kids. Maybe 100+ and I saw 2 masks on older folks.

People really are over this :poop:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Took the kids to the park today. Maybe 10 others there at the playground adults and kids. Not a mask to be seen. The terrorists pulled there's off and ran off to play. Half hour later the playground was teeming with people/kids. Maybe 100+ and I saw 2 masks on older folks.

Also very evident Saint Patrick's day, bars full, few masks, hugs, handshakes, normal human life. How refreshing...

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Because they did no real research and simply parroted some B.S. that they heard from unreliable and unscientific sources.
    How do you know your resources are truly reliable and not persuaded by big money and political agendas? (oh, yes, that would never happen, right?) Why are the vaccines only approved as experimental?

Personally, I'd rather consider all resources before allowing my body to be experimented on; especially something being pushed by the government.

Talk to me in a few years after you get the vaccine; maybe then I'll listen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think you’re right, at least in the Midwest and maybe south. Still a lot of mask Karens out there. Sometimes I forget to bring the mask, and I’ve never had anyone tell me I have to leave. But I did get a dirty look the other day. Or Idunno. It’s hard to read a facial expression under a mask. Maybe she was admiring my physique. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom