Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We have other places to discuss mask efficacy, but comparing size of weave and size of a single virus does not take into account the world of factors.

Anyhoo, my position is simple. May help; doesn't hurt; mild inconvenience.
    My position is you be the test subject I'm not in fear of a virus that has only supposedly killed 0.002% of the people in my County in the last 15 months.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    rat.jpg

The name of the game is making your meat suit a harder target, hence multi-vitamins and minerals with boosts on whatever your experience tells you is good, which could include lowering the overall stresses on your systems. In other words, get healthy rather than picking the fly specks out of the pepper over whether or not a study contrived after the desired results were determined by a hostile industry-government incestuous coupling indicated possible improvement with doses of __(fill in the blank)__ in over 50% of double blind Lithuanian test rats.

You don't have to be in their herd.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I don't wear them in stores or anywhere they are not forcing me. Usually Dr office or hospital is the only place I am forced to wear one. Still with this weaponized virus if you don't have the proper mask it isn't going to stop it from affecting you. You will breath it right in through the cloth or surgical mask you are wearing. So why wear a mask at all unless it's a n95 mask?

You all go right ahead and get your vaccine and wear your cloth mask it makes me feel so much safer.
    One of the basic tenets of libertarianism is private property.

When you ignore that sign on the door, you strip the private property owner of their liberty... It's pretty basic, when demanding that your liberty be recognized, you must recognize the liberty of others... otherwise, why should they give yours any heed?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    One of the basic tenets of libertarianism is private property.

When you ignore that sign on the door, you strip the private property owner of their liberty... It's pretty basic, when demanding that your liberty be recognized, you must recognize the liberty of others... otherwise, why should they give yours any heed?
    Because they want my money thats why. And the stores around my area have signs up but do not enforce it because people will go elsewhere with their money. That a good reason or no?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Because they want my money thats why. And the stores around my area have signs up but do not enforce it because people will go elsewhere with their money. That a good reason or no?
    And by your logic, I can ignore my neighbors no trespassing sign, because that's where the best deer are, until he confronts me and tells me to leave?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And by your logic, I can ignore my neighbors no trespassing sign, because that's where the best deer are, until he confronts me and tells me to leave?
    Is your neighbor selling you rights to hunt on his property? Are you doing business with said neighbor?
    Edit:
    I haven't seen no trespassing sign up at Rural King, Walmart, JayC, Kroger, my local gun shops, local hardware stores, and lumber yards. If I do I'll let you know.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Improper analogy. My neighbors invite me to hunt mushrooms, so I have an invite, but I might just take walks for exercise until they tell me not too, then I am trespassing.

Legally the trespassing for not wearing a mask does not begin until you are told to leave.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Is your neighbor selling you rights to hunt on his property? Are you doing business with said neighbor?
    Who cares... in both cases, their property, their rights, also their right to freely associate or not associate with whom they want... and expressed in writing right at the point of entry to their property.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Improper analogy. My neighbors invite me to hunt mushrooms, so I have an invite, but I might just take walks for exercise until they tell me not too, then I am trespassing.

Legally the trespassing for not wearing a mask does not begin until you are told to leave.
    Law, sure. Principle, no.

ETA: Again, IMO, if you don't respect the rights of others, don't whine to me when you feel your rights aren't respected.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Who cares... in both cases, their property, their rights, also their right to freely associate or not associate with whom they want... and expressed in writing right at the point of entry to their property.
    You sir are full of fear. This Chinese virus supposedly has killed 0.0019% of all Hoosier in the last 15 months. What is weird is the flu virus has disappeared only 1k cases of flu in the entire United States in 2020. I bet you believe that too.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You sir are full of fear. This Chinese virus supposedly has killed 0.0019% of all Hoosier in the last 15 months. What is weird is the flu virus has disappeared only 1k cases of flu in the entire United States in 2020. I bet you believe that too.
    Well, that went :tinfoil: pretty quick.

ETA: And, math error... 0.19% or 0.0019 of the population. Putting a percent sign on the later number makes you off by 100 times.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Still very low and you are full of fear of dying of something very few have. More have died of heart problems and cancer than covid19.
    I don't smoke, take blood pressure meds and lost weight and exercise to get healthy. Damn my fear!

...or is that just common sense?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't smoke, take blood pressure meds and lost weight and exercise to get healthy. Damn my fear!

...or is that just common sense?
    Makes no sense to wear a mask that will not stop the virus from entering your body. Makes no sense to take a untested unproven vaccine for a virus very few have died of percentage wise.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And the name calling commences when the logic fails.

I can and do choose which businesses I freely associate with, or don't.
    I just do not follow the crap major retailers do to virtue signal. I do what I must to get by. In some areas they all virtue signal. They made an invitation to the public. Just funning with your screen name. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom