• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Damn it. Accidentally gave you a like in this post. Total mistake

What a ****ing joke. **** the damn face diapers. Completely ineffective which we seen with our own eyes as numbers allegedly rose all while mandates in place. CDCs own study during the Kung Flu panic shows they are ineffective. Tons of studies before the Kung Flu happened showed the same damn thing. People need to pull their heads out their asses

**** this mask madness!!!!!
    I just finished watching something that made me realize no American did anything great for his country in order to maintain his own comfort, neigh, most causes resulted in great personal cost.

It seems that the current crop of "patriots" want to fight for causes that benefit themselves and their creature comforts.
    :twocents:

And I promise I'm [imagining] your like as a dislike. ;)

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just finished watching something that made me realize no American did anything great for his country in order to maintain his own comfort, neigh, most causes resulted in great personal cost.

It seems that the current crop of "patriots" want to fight for causes that benefit themselves and their creature comforts.

And I promise I'm image your like as a dislike. ;)
    Should I take this as indicative of which side you are on?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can someone tell me why every damn thing in America now requires "sides"?

OK, you want to know what side I'm on? It's the that of Jesus Christ; everything is pushed to a distant second.
    Your previous post carried a tone that sounded disparaging of people I would consider to have strong common interests. That said, most groups have soft members until real persecution starts. Until then it is easy both to talk a good game (while in reality being all hat and no cattle) and also to disparage others.

When the heat gets turned up we will see who are really patriots and who will really stand behind their faith.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

And I promise I'm [imagining] your like as a dislike. ;)

You mean like not having to pay a tax?
    Or live under the rule of a king that gave his subjects more freedom than we currently enjoy?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Can someone tell me why every damn thing in America now requires "sides"?

OK, you want to know what side I'm on? It's the that of Jesus Christ; everything is pushed to a distant second.
    Yes there are basically two sides those who want an authoritarian government and those who don't. It's pretty much boiled down to those two sides. Oh and those in the middle with the I don't care what happens as long as I have kneelers to watch, beer, and steak to grill.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yes there are basically two sides those who want an authoritarian government and those who don't. It's pretty much boiled down to those two sides. Oh and those in the middle with the I don't care what happens as long as I have kneelers to watch, beer, and steak to grill.

I think the riots last year gave people who just want to drink beer and grill, a bit of a wakeup call.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If they bought a gun then they're obviously taking matters more seriously, whether they're willing to talk about it or not.
    The problem is that they may be trying to have it both ways, staying where they are but buying a gun more as a talisman to make them feel better.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    If they bought a gun then they're obviously taking matters more seriously, whether they're willing to talk about it or not.
    Saw mY sister and her husband while in Va. Last week. They're definitely left of center.....and they informed me they purchased a 9mm hand gun and both went to the range! Now however they are having difficulty finding ammo. They asked if I reload, knowing I do.....
    I thought that was interesting....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have you every asked someone, "do you want an authoritarian government"? Has anyone said yes to that question?

Or have you decided that if they don't agree with you on politics then they must want an authoritarian government?
    Be honest, there's a lot of grey area. Example: SovCits think that requiring license plates is an authoritarian government.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Have you every asked someone, "do you want an authoritarian government"? Has anyone said yes to that question?

Or have you decided that if they don't agree with you on politics then they must want an authoritarian government?
    Be honest, there's a lot of grey area. Example: SovCits think that requiring license plates is an authoritarian government.
    Your first question is analogous with dealing with children and stoves. I expect to have to explain to a 4 year old that getting burned is a consequence of touching a hot stove when they have no understanding. Conversely, I shouldn't have to break that down for a college student. Similarly, I can understand a street average ignoramus not understanding that the current D political agenda leads to an authoritarian government. Anyone who has the sophistication to be here with enough posts to hit the classifieds should long since know better.

I am not seeing this grey area unless you consider the Constitution to merely be a list of suggestions and not a binding authority.

Sovereign citizens are a red herring. They are a subset of anarchists. That is entirely different from expecting exactly the amount of "-archy" prescribed by the Constitution.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

When 70 million people vote for more authoritarian government I don't need to ask I see it in their voting habits. That's a good measure don't you think?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I'm sure the German people didn't think they were enabling an authoritarian government either when they voted and stood down.

For the most part the society structures of mankind get worse, never better, without a total rebirth such as the American Revolution. Since then rights have been steadily eroded...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep, it’s a thing:

Well, before reading the whole thread I'll just opine with this: That's retarded.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh. People can't even be bothered to put on a mask to protect this country.
    In the original mask thread I pointed out the wrong thing that both sides were saying the other was saying, and I see it's still happening. It's an issue of belief and trust. One sides trusts the people who are saying the country could get back to normal if everyone just wore masks. The other side doesn't trust that side, and doesn't believe that's the case.

It's not apathy. It's not not bothering. It's that they don't believe that it would bring about normalcy. And they're not wrong. There is no proof that any country has brought themselves back to normalcy by wearing masks. If they did anything to contribute to normalcy at all it was more likely that was done by multiple strategies, but also owing to mere circumstances as well.

Top Bottom