• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Our census lady was very nice. I told her that this was my house, that I owned it, and I think she was able to identify my race by looking at me.

I told her how many people lived there on 4/1 and she smiled, said, "I understand" and left. No muss, no fuss.

I think it's just because I'm so charming.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Yep.

Back in mid-July I got all uppity with a census taker.

They must not have liked the way I answered the form the first time around.

I wrote "5" in red crayon, and mailed it in.

Had to remind him that the law says "the people will be enumerated every ten years..."

That's all.

I can
    expect Obama's jack-booted thugs any day now.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I mailed in my census papers and they still came to my house to ask the same questions.
    That being said, I guess I don`t understand all the hate for the census. I`m not telling them anything they don`t already know and the door knockers are just peeps tryin to do their crappy job.

The problem is that all kinds of people come to our door and I can't read their paperwork through my camera's and they are not in any type of marked vehicle.

I agree, just answer and send them on their way. And why are we answering the door heavily armed when we know its the unarmed cencus worker doing their job.

I know whos at the door before they ever see me, I dont answer it with penis compensation.

as I said above...

The problem is that all kinds of people come to our door and I can't read their paperwork through my camera's and they are not in any type of marked vehicle.

How do you know that a person holding a clipboard isn't just a scout for a theft ring? (which my neighborhood has been the victim of in the last 60 days, we had 11 vehicular larceny's in one night and 18 in one night two weeks prior. They hit my next door neighbor's truck both times.)

Perhaps they haven't paused to consider the fact that the "unarmed" person they are trying to intimidate may be neither intimidated, nor unarmed?

Perhaps I don't arm myself to intimidate anyone but to protect myself and my family. If the person who thinks the only reason to arm yourself is to intimidate others then perhaps they should rethink carrying firearms themselves.

I wonder if those who are being visited are the same ones who were so proud of sending in incomplete information!

I have a very good friend who is a retired mental health worker. He did the census thing just to get out of the house and make a few extra bucks for a while. When he went to the training he found out most of the people there were unemployed and just looking for work. Sure, some of them might get a little pushy since they are now "G-men" :rolleyes: but then it seems some folks here are the same way because a G-man or G-woman came to their door. As for trying to intimidate you.............Geez. You must be easily intimidated if a person just trying to do a job sets you on edge!
    I pity the Girl Scout cookie seller who may knock on your door! :draw:

Well, I tell you what "Mr. I have never had anything bad happen to me", you have a family member abducted and come back and chat with me about how you feel perfectly safe allowing complete strangers full access to your personal information knowing that they are taking notes on where you live, who you are and judging by your anecdote, they are often in dire straights for cash.........

Sorry if I don't assume that no one is ever looking to rob, cheat, steal from or harm my family. Entirely too many bad things have happened around me for me to take that naive of outlook.

You go right ahead and keep that optimism up though, criminals are always looking for a sympathetic soul to take advantage of.

Or the brown shirts coming to take your guns, or an individual who is demanding information that is none of their business? Just because they can? Sorry.... or maybe is't just those poor folks selling whatever they're selling. It's not my fault that someone doesn't have a job, looks like many folks all of a sudden don't care all that much for the "change" that they voted for.

Who comes to my door without a warrant or invitation is my business.... period... Deal with it.

^^:yesway:^^:+1:

Last edited:

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I had a census lady come and ask me questions about my neighbors. It wasn't a good interaction. First, I was weed-eating the drive way and didn't hear her until I saw her shadow. Because she spooked me, I then turned the weed-eater in her direction while it was running and almost into her face. I think she was going to tap me on the shoulder while it was running. Second, I then said, "what in the hell were you doing, you don't sneak up on a person working like that." She said she was sorry and I said no problem. She then asked if I knew anything about my neighbors. I replied no, restarted the weed eater and went back to work. She may have continued to ask questions, but I couldn't hear her over the weed eater.

I also had the same thing happen with a couple of women giving out church literature. They hand over the brochure, I see what it is and hand it back. I politely say, I'm not interested in talking and re-start the weed eater. Again, they may have said more, but I couldn't hear them.

The moral of the story, I need to be more aware of my surroundings while weed eating.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    The guys who dropped the Zyklon-B tabs into the showers at Auschwitz were just doing their jobs, and they were looking for work when they took that gig too.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The guys who dropped the Zyklon-B tabs into the showers at Auschwitz were just doing their jobs, and they were looking for work when they took that gig too.

You really consider doing a Constitutional duty to be comparable to being a Nazi? I cannot imagine the kind of hatred for the Constitution as written that would prompt a person to say such a thing.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I think his point is that saying somebody "was just doing their job" is never a good excuse. People need to look at what they are doing and make a personal judgment as to whether compliance with that job make sense.

Furthermore, just because something is constitutional, may not make it right when compared to a persons moral framework.

You really consider doing a Constitutional duty to be comparable to being a Nazi? I cannot imagine the kind of hatred for the Constitution as written that would prompt a person to say such a thing.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    :noway: You're high. To do anything other than "enumerate" IS unconstitutional.

The Constitution leaves it to Congress, not you, to determine how the Census will be conducted. That means they get to decide what is asked. Your claim that the Census is being conducted in an un-Constitutional manner is untrue, as is your completely unfounded and deliberately malicious allegation that I am a drug user.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The Constitution leaves it to Congress, not you, to determine how the Census will be conducted. That means they get to decide what is asked. Your claim that the Census is being conducted in an un-Constitutional manner is untrue, as is your completely unfounded and deliberately malicious allegation that I am a drug user.

oh, your back :rolleyes:

your always sticking up for the government, like you think its unfathomable that they could do wrong against the people.

you will eventualy see I guess. I hope your ready when they come down on us without fear of repercusions

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

Well, I consider myself to be a constitutionalist but I disagree with the current government's implementation of the current decennial census.

Historically (Around the world, not in the US) censuses were used to tax or strip citizens of their property or force young adults into military service. This is one of the primary oppressive tools of a dictatorship.

The founding fathers attempted to set up our citizens with the ability to protect themselves by appointing an appropriate amount of representation per population.

HOWEVER, when the court of appeals ruled in 2001 to backup the Morales V. Daley case (which claimed that the current version of the census violates the 4th amendment) and the SCOTUS refused to revisit it basically the government made it formally illegal to denya potentially unemployed, sex offending degenerate temporary employeeyour personal information.

Just because the census was designed to be a tool of freedom for the citizen back int the 1700's doesn't mean it can't be/hasn't been twisted into (at worst) a tool of oppression.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I had a census lady come and ask me questions about my neighbors. It wasn't a good interaction. First, I was weed-eating the drive way and didn't hear her until I saw her shadow. Because she spooked me, I then turned the weed-eater in her direction while it was running and almost into her face. I think she was going to tap me on the shoulder while it was running. Second, I then said, "what in the hell were you doing, you don't sneak up on a person working like that." She said she was sorry and I said no problem. She then asked if I knew anything about my neighbors. I replied no, restarted the weed eater and went back to work. She may have continued to ask questions, but I couldn't hear her over the weed eater.
    I had the same thing happen to me. I was out working in the yard and a census taker came over to ask questions about a neighbor. I did the Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing" and he left.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    Just because the census was designed to be a tool of freedom for the citizen back int the 1700's doesn't mean it can't be/hasn't been twisted into (at worst) a tool of oppression.

Oppression? Oh dear, that sounds serious. In what way are you being repressed by the current Census? Which of those ten questions is keeping you down?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    oh, your back :rolleyes:

your always sticking up for the government, like you think its unfathomable that they could do wrong against the people.

you will eventualy see I guess. I hope your ready when they come down on us without fear of repercusions

I stick up for the Constitution. You claim to have served, so you've taken the same oath I have. I am wondering, though, why you would take such an oath given your feelings about the government you were working for. You repeatedly tell us how evil it is, yet you willingly chose to go work for them... and kill for them, if what you say is true. Why would you choose to kill for a group of people you feel to be so evil?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I stick up for the Constitution. You claim to have served, so you've taken the same oath I have. I am wondering, though, why you would take such an oath given your feelings about the government you were working for. You repeatedly tell us how evil it is, yet you willingly chose to go work for them... and kill for them, if what you say is true. Why would you choose to kill for a group of people you feel to be so evil?

thats what woke me up! i was a kid when i joined, and had no idea the things i know of now. but I still would have served.

I love my country Joe. thats why I served in the first place, well one of the reasons.

our founding fathers warned us about the government too but yet they framed it. Why?? because they had faith that the people would'nt allow it to get out of hand. Im embarrased everyday that we have let them down.

I stick up for the constitution! Anything government does that isnt granted them by the constitution is abuse of power and un-constitutional. if you stick up for the constitution then why are you in GW bush back pocket? the patriot act is the most un-constitutional piece of legistlation ever passed and he signed it.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I stick up for the Constitution. You claim to have served, so you've taken the same oath I have. I am wondering, though, why you would take such an oath given your feelings about the government you were working for.

The Constitution does not = government.
    Our government is trying to pervert the Constitution.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Oppression? Oh dear, that sounds serious. In what way are you being repressed by the current Census? Which of those ten questions is keeping you down?

Specifically the questions that accuse me of lying on a federal form(2), racially driven questions(8&9), the age and sex discriminating questions(6&7) and the questions that attempt to ascertain my personal holdings(3&10).

In other words I take offense to questions 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Specifically the questions that accuse me of lying on a federal form(2), racially driven questions(8&9), the age and sex discriminating questions(6&7) and the questions that attempt to ascertain my personal holdings(3&10).

In other words I take offense to questions 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

JOC, how long has the government been asking those questions?

Top Bottom