• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    My doors are accessible to only a select few, without our intervention.......

Luka%20park.jpg

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Never had census at the door, but the JW did come once. I just answered the door with one of the pet rats, typical black vest, and my ankh. That was 5 years ago and they have never been back. I've actually seen them skip my house!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Last time the JWs hit my house, I wasn't home. They left one of their little pamphlets in the door. As soon as I saw "Watchtower" when it was folded up, I immediately crumpled it up and into the recycle bag it went.

I have a feeling I'll be seeing them again, since they didn't get me in person.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    meh, next time just answer the door naked, that will scare them away...

If JetGirl answers the door nekkid, where do I sign up to be a census taker?

I never sent mine in, so they paid me a visit. I didn't even answer the door. They came back the next day, and I didn't answer the door again. Persistent bastages.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I guess they believed me when I said I wouldn't be answering any other questions. I shredded my census form and when the guy showed up I told him how many people were in the house and that any other questions would not be answered. Never heard from anyone again.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Last time the JWs hit my house, I wasn't home. They left one of their little pamphlets in the door. As soon as I saw "Watchtower" when it was folded up, I immediately crumpled it up and into the recycle bag it went.

I have a feeling I'll be seeing them again, since they didn't get me in person.

Last time we had a couple of JW's at my front door, I answered it with 2 very large, imposing and snarling dogs by my side. I pointed down and asked them if they could read more than the garbage they hand out. Our doormat reads: "We gave at the office. We love our vacuum. And we've found God. Now GO AWAY!" and shut the door in their face. Personally I like our daughters response best.....she opens the door and yells "I WORSHIP SATAN!!!!!" and slams the door shut again. At which point I'm giggling hysterically from the kitchen. We haven't seen one since. And good riddance! :D

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    You're right! Oops, my bad! I haven't heard that in about 8 years or so, unless of course we want to embarrass our daughter when she has an <ahem> "friend" over! But I STILL love that wav! Ohhhh, the stories I could tell of when we were younger and our senses of humor were far more warped than they are now.......evil....we were evil...but FUNNY, definitely FUNNY!

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I had a coworker many years ago that was 6'5" and about 270# with long stringy hair and a beard. They showed up at his door early one Saturday morning. He answered the door buck nekid and said "can I help you ladies". He hasn't seen them since.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Update;
    Four years...she hasn't returned nor sent anyone else.
    Tom hasn't shown up either, dammit!

An urban youth bussed in from Chicago was selling cleaning stuff door-to-door, though.

Thought you'd all like to be updated.

That is all. :):

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Worked as a field enumerator, years ago, only had 3 households refuse, had another half dozen feed me a bunch of bs, the cb would call, houses that were visited to verify that enumerators were actually doing there job, more than half were fired for falsifying information.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    LOL. Couple days ago, heard a knock @ the door, tired of putting clothes on every time (live in my underwear @ home), so, F it, answered door in my underwear. Was a couple of middle aged women (not bad looking), wanting to talk about Jesus. Said 'they were interviewing 'Mexicans' today' & went on their way. (I'm a pale white, Irish descent, with a beer belly).

Top Bottom