GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No no ... there are a bunch of INGOers just biding their time waiting for the best moment to strike.
    People upthread here know what is in their mind and have it all figured out. I can’t understand why they haven’t reported them to the FBI or DHS yet. Maybe they are secretly on the same side and are just trying to deflect publicly? I bet that’s it, you just know that is what is really in their mind. True story.

Who says reports haven't been made. From the mods we know all sorts of reports are made to them for almost any reason. We've been told this site is regularly patrolled by .govs. Maybe there's a connection? :shady:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Second foundationers or the Mule?

009Whelan.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No no ... there are a bunch of INGOers just biding their time waiting for the best moment to strike.
    People upthread here know what is in their mind and have it all figured out. I can’t understand why they haven’t reported them to the FBI or DHS yet. Maybe they are secretly on the same side and are just trying to deflect publicly? I bet that’s it, you just know that is what is really in their mind. True story.

Print, I think Lex is genuinely worried about the soul of America. Extreme jingoism has never brought any country to a very good end. He could just as easily be the canary in the coal mine

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Print, I think Lex is genuinely worried about the soul of America. Extreme jingoism has never brought any country to a very good end. He could just as easily be the canary in the coal mine

Well.... it smacks a little too close IMO to the narrative that Trump being president will result in all of these attacks on minorities and muslims because the people that want this to happen are now empowered.
    We heard this before and after the election and it just didn't happen.
    Oh, we saw reports of swastikas and muslims being set upon.... they were all hoaxes perpetrated by the ones reporting it.
    I don't think the country is as delicate as some think.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well.... it smacks a little too close IMO to the narrative that Trump being president will result in all of these attacks on minorities and muslims because the people that want this to happen are now empowered.
    We heard this before and after the election and it just didn't happen.
    Oh, we saw reports of swastikas and muslims being set upon.... they were all hoaxes perpetrated by the ones reporting it.
    I don't think the country is as delicate as some think.

I also find much to agree with in what you say. I took Lex's mentioning of glass parking lots to be referencing concern about advocating the complete/indiscriminate killing of all [insert group name here (don't want to make this just about muslims)]
    I believe his feeling is that what he hopes is hyperbole could make it just that little much easier for someone to contemplate acts such as are referenced in the OP, and he doesn't want to add to a growth medium for crazies in any way. I kind of wish he was more concerned about the crazies on the other side of this creating the growth medium for the next Pulse shooter, but it is what it is. I think he's conscious of the asymmetry of potential force - if we talk about wiping out Islam, one SSBN and the will to use it could do the job, it is absolutely within our capability. When Islam talks of destroying the west, it is more wishful thinking. They lack the tools to do the job (so far), so they have to rely on us to destroy ourselves (also well within our capabilities). I take it as kind of the way many felt about Trump, that to support him was to tarnish their own souls. I think he might feel that to in any way countenance a public square where wholesale destruction is talked about, even hyperbolically, would leave him guilty if it came to pass. From someone else it might smack of virtue signaling, but I accept Lex's bona fides. Think of him as kind of a Quaker during wartime, an awkward position to be in

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I also find much to agree with in what you say. I took Lex's mentioning of glass parking lots to be referencing concern about advocating the complete/indiscriminate killing of all [insert group name here (don't want to make this just about muslims)]
    I believe his feeling is that what he hopes is hyperbole could make it just that little much easier for someone to contemplate acts such as are referenced in the OP, and he doesn't want to add to a growth medium for crazies in any way. I kind of wish he was more concerned about the crazies on the other side of this creating the growth medium for the next Pulse shooter, but it is what it is. I think he's conscious of the asymmetry of potential force - if we talk about wiping out Islam, one SSBN and the will to use it could do the job, it is absolutely within our capability. When Islam talks of destroying the west, it is more wishful thinking.
    They lack the tools to do the job (so far), so they have to rely on us to destroy ourselves (also well within our capabilities). I take it as kind of the way many felt about Trump, that to support him was to tarnish their own souls. I think he might feel that to in any way countenance a public square where wholesale destruction is talked about, even hyperbolically, would leave him guilty if it came to pass. From someone else it might smack of virtue signaling, but I accept Lex's bona fides. Think of him as kind of a Quaker during wartime, an awkward position to be in

I have to disagree on this point. The islamists Have rules they play by that win out, without forceful opposition.

They believe that once they possess a piece of property, it belongs to islam in perpetuity.

The conquer countries by immigration and procreation.

They practice majority rule. Not democracy, but when there are a majority of muslims, islam rules.

The second conquest of Europe is underway, The first was thwarted by driving them back to the ME. The second will be successful.

They are attempting to do the same in America Their solution is to wipe out the opposition by attrition.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    First, I appreciate the translation. ;) (And apologize again for the de-tealing. I'm not sure why it does that.)

In the prelude to acting out a tragedy, people who do that sort of thing often talk about it. It is a reflection of the rationalization of what they intend to do. The Las Vegas shooter is about the only one that comes to mind who probably didn't do that.

I believe his feeling is that what he hopes is hyperbole could make it just that little much easier for someone to contemplate acts such as are referenced in the OP, and he doesn't want to add to a growth medium for crazies in any way. I kind of wish he was more concerned about the crazies on the other side of this creating the growth medium for the next Pulse shooter, but it is what it is.

I'm not sure what you mean. Which "other side"? The progressive left? Islamofascists? (In terms of the Pulse shooter, I think there was some question whether he was a closeted gay guy anyway.)

I've always advocated that if there are individuals fomenting rebellion or attacks, they should be investigated and prosecuted.

Contrary to certain INGOers, I don't see the entirety of Muslims as a threat.

Yet (as just 1 example), because I go to a somewhat targetable church, I am conscious of the possible threats to it every Sunday from an islamofascist or otherwise.

I think he's conscious of the asymmetry of potential force - if we talk about wiping out Islam, one SSBN and the will to use it could do the job, it is absolutely within our capability. When Islam talks of destroying the west, it is more wishful thinking. They lack the tools to do the job (so far), so they have to rely on us to destroy ourselves (also well within our capabilities).

While I agree with the observational part of that, it isn't really part of my calculus at all. I don't think we, the US, could or would do that. Nor does "Islam" talk about destroying the West. That's the kind of bigoted rhetoric on INGO that disappoints me.

I take it as kind of the way many felt about Trump, that to support him was to tarnish their own souls. I think he might feel that to in any way countenance a public square where wholesale destruction is talked about, even hyperbolically, would leave him guilty if it came to pass.

Again, I appreciate the speculation, I guess, but it is not even on the paper.

I don't feel guilty when a gun owner shoots up a concert. I wouldn't feel guilty if an INGOer shoots up a mosque.

From someone else it might smack of virtue signaling, but I accept Lex's bona fides. Think of him as kind of a Quaker during wartime, an awkward position to be in

That's an interesting analogy that I'll have to mull over.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    While I agree with the observational part of that, it isn't really part of my calculus at all. I don't think we, the US, could or would do that. Nor does "Islam" talk about destroying the West. That's the kind of bigoted rhetoric on INGO that disappoints me.

“Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war,” the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeni wrote back in 1942. “Those [who say this] are witless. Those who study jihad will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world.”

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    “Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war,” the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeni wrote back in 1942. “Those [who say this] are witless. Those who study jihad will understand why Islam wants to conquer the whole world.”

Islam, like Christianity, counsels that there is a time for all things under the sun, including war.

Islam, like Christianity, does not seek to conquer the world in the political sense. All religions want converts and to proselytize.

However, some Muslims absolutely do use Islam to further political personal gain. Like Khomeni successfully did. That's why I call them islamofascists.

I will unequivocally adopt Bug's translation:
    ...genuinely worried about the soul of America. Extreme jingoism has never brought any country to a very good end.

The anti-Islam jingoism on INGO and in the broader US is a real problem. Terrorism is also a problem, but so far, there is less of that on INGO to address. ;)

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Islam, like Christianity, counsels that there is a time for all things under the sun, including war.

Islam, like Christianity, does not seek to conquer the world in the political sense. All religions want converts and to proselytize.

However, some Muslims absolutely do use Islam to further political personal gain. Like Khomeni successfully did. That's why I call them islamofascists.

Khomeini explained what he interpreted to be the proper Muslim perspective: “Islam says: Kill [the non-Muslims], put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]. . . . People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to paradise, which can be opened only for holy warriors! . . . There are hundreds of other [Koranic] psalms and hadiths [sayings of the prophet] urging Muslims to value war and to fight.”

He wasn't some stray interpreter of Islam or some backwater imam - he was the Supreme Leader (basically absolute dictator) of a major Islamic country, with many followers outside of Iran. Once again, it depends on the fiq being followed and some interpretation, but he said this LONG before he ever got any political power. If he would have had the resources at his command that are now being developed in Iran, he certainly would have used them.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Khomeini explained what he interpreted to be the proper Muslim perspective: “Islam says: Kill [the non-Muslims], put them to the sword and scatter [their armies]. . . . People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! The sword is the key to paradise, which can be opened only for holy warriors! . . . There are hundreds of other [Koranic] psalms and hadiths [sayings of the prophet] urging Muslims to value war and to fight.”

He wasn't some stray interpreter of Islam or some backwater imam - he was the Supreme Leader (basically absolute dictator) of a major Islamic country, with many followers outside of Iran. Once again, it depends on the fiq being followed and some interpretation, but he said this LONG before he ever got any political power. If he would have had the resources at his command that are now being developed in Iran, he certainly would have used them.

Khomeni, at the very time you quoted, was applying Islam to politics. He was active against the secularism of the shah. His political ambitions are what caused his exile. So, it isn't like he discovered political activism late in life.

Further, Khomeini - neither at the time, nor currently - speaks for all muslims. In fact, he doesn't even speak for all Shia. The generalization that "all Islam is [something bad]" is easily refuted by all the "mainstream" muslims in the west and elsewhere.

Such generalization is not only a pet peeve of mine, but it is dangerous in the context of fighting terrorism. If every muslim is a threat, then the only option is a police state.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My car almost swerved into the islamic center down the street from the shop..... I wasn't intending to it just started pulling that direction... weird.
    I need to get it aligned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom