• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If being an apologist is wrong, I don't want to be right... or something like that. :)

Just apologize so we can move on.

Anyhoo, apparently identifying people who actually are trying to do violent things will never work (despite the fact it has), so it's time to build some internment camps. I say we round up everyone who is the shade of Priyanka Chopra and darker (because who wouldn't want to round her up), but lighter than, or equal to Halle Berry.

Sorry Indians, both dot and feather. Safety first.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My car almost swerved into the islamic center down the street from the shop..... I wasn't intending to it just started pulling that direction... weird.
    I need to get it aligned.

Did your car swerve to the right? Because if your car swerves to the right, it might have nothing to do with location; it could just be a TrumperCar

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Anyhoo, apparently identifying people who actually are trying to do violent things will never work (despite the fact it has), so it's time to build some internment camps. I say we round up everyone who is the shade of Priyanka Chopra and darker (because who wouldn't want to round her up), but lighter than, or equal to Halle Berry.

[insert joke about "adjustable white balance" HERE]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Do you own a pickup truck?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Khomeni, at the very time you quoted, was applying Islam to politics. He was active against the secularism of the shah. His political ambitions are what caused his exile. So, it isn't like he discovered political activism late in life.

Further, Khomeini - neither at the time, nor currently - speaks for all muslims. In fact, he doesn't even speak for all Shia. The generalization that "all Islam is [something bad]" is easily refuted by all the "mainstream" muslims in the west and elsewhere.

Such generalization is not only a pet peeve of mine, but it is dangerous in the context of fighting terrorism. If every muslim is a threat, then the only option is a police state.

Not quite. There is the lesson Japan taught us about dealing with fanatics in The Two, and there is that glass parking lot thing (both of which have some overlap)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If suspecting those who have repeatedly pledged to kill me is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Maybe it's time the ummah deals with these people. I could wholly support that.

So let's break that down a bit.

How many have pledged to kill you? In the US, it is a number statistically close to zero. (And there's a good chance an undercover FBI agent helped them do it.)

Whatever the number is, let's absolutely pay attention to those people. There's at least probably cause to believe that they deserve it.

For the millions of others, though, probably not worth it.

As to your second point, I gave up posting about all the muslims - ummahs and otherwise - who openly reject terrorism. INGO doesn't want to hear it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is it a lawyer thing to cloak INGO negatively?

Gotta love all the good INGO professional advice we get, but this isn't the first time an INGO attorney has thrown all of us into a category, a bad one at that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is it a lawyer thing to cloak INGO negatively?

Gotta love all the good INGO professional advice we get, but this isn't the first time an INGO attorney has thrown all of us into a category, a bad one at that.

INGOers gonna INGO.

And the irony of you getting butthurt at being grouped negatively is noted. ;)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So we're gonna dismiss my "Priyanka to Halle" plan out of hand?

I'm doing this for all of our safety. Think of the children.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "As you wish" - like a Princess Bride thread?

Its a classic, sure, but I'm not sure it deserves its own thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom