• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There's always a few whackos in every population. Some people probably think I'm one. :D To jamil's point, "what's his INGO name?" or "OK, who did it?" type jabs are one thing in a humorous or maybe ironic or embarrassing kind of news event, you know, maybe like when it gets reported that someone left their gun hanging in a restroom stall. I've done it too. (Made those posts, not left my gun hanging in the restroom. :D) I hope I'd draw the line when it comes to implicating folks and by association everyone else on this site by accusing them of supporting the mowing down of anybody in cold blooded murder. And maybe you meant it in a dry-humor type manner and I just took it wrong.

Well, I have been accused of gallows humor. Even in the vicinity of actual modern gallows. ;)

But, being honest, if the Plainfield mosque (in particular) ever suffers a tragedy like this, there are a few INGOers that will come to my mind.

Now, be honest yourself - do you really think there are no INGOers capable of something like this?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps this, then: GFGT, out of respect for you, if you want to have a PM discussion of the matter (or email), I would welcome it. (You aren't one of the ones I would name.) ;)

And, I specifically did NOT write something that would pertain to the entirety of INGO. There are several permutations that I could have used to do that, but I don't think it reflects the current reality. There are wildly divergent perspectives (to varying degrees of acceptance) on the issues in this thread.

However, at least a few on here likely share the driver's perspective.

Don't worry, I do expect them to post in response to my post, so in a way, they will reveal themselves. ;)
    You should go to the authorities then. If you’re aware that someone is just like the person who killed a bunch of Muslims, it would be unethical to let that go. Otherwise, it’s divisive hyperbole.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There's always a few whackos in every population. Some people probably think I'm one. :D To jamil's point, "what's his INGO name?" or "OK, who did it?" type jabs are one thing in a humorous or maybe ironic or embarrassing kind of news event, you know, maybe like when it gets reported that someone left their gun hanging in a restroom stall. I've done it too. (Made those posts, not left my gun hanging in the restroom. :D) I hope I'd draw the line when it comes to implicating folks and by association everyone else on this site by accusing them of supporting the mowing down of anybody in cold blooded murder. And maybe you meant it in a dry-humor type manner and I just took it wrong.
    This is exactly my thoughts. There’s a sort of serious note to it in this iteration of, “what’s his INGO screen name?” It’s an implicit accusation of having the same mind as the person who murdered people. I think that crosses a line.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You should go to the authorities then. If you’re aware that someone is just like the person who killed a bunch of Muslims, it would be unethical to let that go. Otherwise, it’s divisive hyperbole.

Go to the authorities? Seriously? Look, if an INGOer makes specific threats, you bet your sweet bippy I will. Otherwise, I said what I said and that's all that I said.

But, I look forward to your principled stand against "divisive hyperbole" from other INGOers.

This is exactly my thoughts. There’s a sort of serious note to it in this iteration of, “what’s his INGO screen name?” It’s an implicit accusation of having the same mind as the person who murdered people. I think that crosses a line.

Let me be explicit: I think there are INGOers who have "the same mind" as the driver.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I dunno. It might just be that one of the guys who is always supportive and seems to have positive comments on most issues might just be the wild card. I tend to view even the guys whose comments I despise the most as probably very decent people in real life. The internet is not a good reflection of how people conduct their daily lives. They don't kick dogs or drive predator vans, etc.

Now....there is this one guy I worry about......

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I dunno. It might just be that one of the guys who is always supportive and seems to have positive comments on most issues might just be the wild card. I tend to view even the guys whose comments I despise the most as probably very decent people in real life. The internet is not a good reflection of how people conduct their daily lives. They don't kick dogs or drive predator vans, etc.

:shady:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Go to the authorities? Seriously? Look, if an INGOer makes specific threats, you bet your sweet bippy I will. Otherwise, I said what I said and that's all that I said.

But, I look forward to your principled stand against "divisive hyperbole" from other INGOers.

Let me be explicit: I think there are INGOers who have "the same mind" as the driver.
    So an attack is expected. Okay.

I think it’s a bit over the top to say that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So an attack is expected. Okay.

The driver spent a whole lot of time not attacking before he attacked.

I'm not saying I expect it. I'm saying that I think some are capable of it.

I think it’s a bit over the top to say that.

Ok. You are free to think that.

But, again I ask, would you be surprised to learn, upon a tragedy like this one, that a member of INGO perpetrated it?

The same mind means what it means.

Indeed.

So does "principled."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The driver spent a whole lot of time not attacking before he attacked.

I'm not saying I expect it. I'm saying that I think some are capable of it.

Ok. You are free to think that.

But, again I ask, would you be surprised to learn, upon a tragedy like this one, that a member of INGO perpetrated it?

I'm going to say even if that were to happen, it's a small minority that feel that way and it's just the price of living in a big city or something.......

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm going to say even if that were to happen, it's a small minority that feel that way and it's just the price of living in a big city or something.......

9b79078ed65499a3518e1568028ed161--movie-times-next-door.jpg

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

I take it back. I just read a couple of real idiotic responses on another thread. The only thing that is in their favor is that they are probably not coordinated enough to hit their hind ends with both hands and therefore incapable of any terrorist act above "drooling".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How about if I just quote this:

...referring to Muslim people as "rapists" and "feral". He also wrote that Muslim men were "preying on our children".

...and then asked what his INGO username is. Don't tell me that equivalent...or exactly the same...statements have not been made around here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom