Uranus
    DCyeDM9UQAEvIhl.jpg:small

Homosexual?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'll be curious to see the cultural and political affiliations of the driver. Reportedly stabbed someone after he got out

Finsbury Park attacker Darren Osborne jailed for minimum of 43 years - BBC News

Sentenced to about 40 years.

Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb said Osborne, from Cardiff, had planned "a suicide mission" and expected to be shot dead.
    "This was a terrorist attack - you intended to kill," the judge told him.

The father-of-four mowed down worshippers in Finsbury Park shortly after 12.15am on 19 June last year, killing Mr Ali and injuring nine others.
    The jury took an hour to return the verdict at Woolwich Crown Court on Thursday after a nine-day trial.
    Justice Cheema-Grubb told Osborne the jury in his trial had seen though his "pathetic last-ditch attempt to deceive them".
    She said he was "rapidly radicalised over the internet by those determined to spread hatred of Muslims".
    "Your use of Twitter exposed you to racists and anti-Islamic ideology," she added.
    "In short, you allowed your mind to be poisoned by those who claimed to be leaders."

Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb also heard a list of Osborne's previous convictions - including a string of violent offences - spanning more than 30 years.
    Osborne had appeared before the courts on 33 occasions for 102 offences, she was told.
    The judge said Osborne's previous convictions showed he was a "belligerent and violent character".

Police later found a letter in the van written by Osborne, referring to Muslim people as "rapists" and "feral".
    He also wrote that Muslim men were "preying on our children".

I wonder what his INGO username is.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Quick point of clarification.

Would posting quotes in answer to this question...

... be considered a personal attack?

I've noticed a bit of a gray area there.

If you are not calling names etc and just posting references I see zero issues. The grey area you might think is there may have to do with how someone responds via PM. You have no idea how often that happens.
    Just a blanket "What is his Ingo user name" does get me a bit stirred up but only on a personal level and not as staff. There were a lot of members that used to belittle the entire forum when these issue came along. That is not common anymore.....:)

Post away lets just all remain civil please.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you are not calling names etc and just posting references I see zero issues. The grey area you might think is there may have to do with how someone responds via PM. You have no idea how often that happens.
    Just a blanket "What is his Ingo user name" does get me a bit stirred up but only on a personal level and not as staff. There were a lot of members that used to belittle the entire forum when these issue came along. That is not common anymore.....:)

Post away lets just all remain civil please.
    Perhaps this, then: GFGT, out of respect for you, if you want to have a PM discussion of the matter (or email), I would welcome it. (You aren't one of the ones I would name.) ;)

And, I specifically did NOT write something that would pertain to the entirety of INGO. There are several permutations that I could have used to do that, but I don't think it reflects the current reality. There are wildly divergent perspectives (to varying degrees of acceptance) on the issues in this thread.

However, at least a few on here likely share the driver's perspective.

Don't worry, I do expect them to post in response to my post, so in a way, they will reveal themselves. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Perhaps this, then: GFGT, out of respect for you, if you want to have a PM discussion of the matter (or email), I would welcome it. (You aren't one of the ones I would name.) ;)

And, I specifically did NOT write something that would pertain to the entirety of INGO. There are several permutations that I could have used to do that, but I don't think it reflects the current reality. There are wildly divergent perspectives (to varying degrees of acceptance) on the issues in this thread.

Don't worry, I do expect them to post in response to my post, so in a way, they will reveal themselves. ;)

And again I forgot I am in a discussion with an "X" prosecutor.....:lmfao:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And again I forgot I am in a discussion with an "X" prosecutor.....:lmfao:

Well, I'm an attorney and I'm here to help find solutions. ;)

I just don't see how publicly naming the people I think would sympathize with the driver would be consistent with your final directive of remaining civil.

There's only one way to beat the Kobayashi Maru scenario. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I'm an attorney and I'm here to help find solutions. ;)

I just don't see how publicly naming the people I think would sympathize with the driver would be consistent with your final directive of remaining civil.

There's only one way to beat the Kobayashi Maru scenario. ;)

That you feel my request for civility was directed at you then you are not seeing this as I do. It was a blanket statement to any who would get involved. As you say, they will out themselves. In being outed some might get just a tad bit butthurt. That is what I wish to avoid. Hence my "All" in the warning not "You".

Now councilor.....Yes, I cheated but I beat the scenario.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

There's always a few whackos in every population. Some people probably think I'm one. :D To jamil's point, "what's his INGO name?" or "OK, who did it?" type jabs are one thing in a humorous or maybe ironic or embarrassing kind of news event, you know, maybe like when it gets reported that someone left their gun hanging in a restroom stall. I've done it too. (Made those posts, not left my gun hanging in the restroom. :D) I hope I'd draw the line when it comes to implicating folks and by association everyone else on this site by accusing them of supporting the mowing down of anybody in cold blooded murder. And maybe you meant it in a dry-humor type manner and I just took it wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No.

You don't think there are at least couple INGOers who sympathize with him? Look at the posts in this thread.

Blowing off steam is ine thing. Acting on it to actually murder people is something different.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom