• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some other states tried to file suit to interfere with a different states election certification... THAT is correct, no standing for Texas to sue over some other state's election.
    I do want to ask a question here. If Minnesota lets Canadians vote in federal elections the citizens of other states or the states themselves have no standing?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I do want to ask a question here. If Minnesota lets Canadians vote in federal elections the citizens of other states
    Nope... how are Texan's, for example, voting rights or rights to representation affected?

Minnesota's election does not affect Texas' electoral college in the least... none, nada.

or the states themselves
    So, Minnesotans? Versus Canadians? I would say yup as their voting rights and representation are affected.

Versus other Minnesotans? Say versus mail in ballots, or expiring the expulsion of felons' voting rights? Nope. Their "standing" is voting in the elections for their state reps who set the election rules.

have no standing?

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I do want to ask a question here. If Minnesota lets Canadians vote in federal elections the citizens of other states or the states themselves have no standing?
    At least Canadians are living & breathing.
    I firmly believe that once people stop living & breathing, that forfeits their right to vote.
    That's something I feel quite strongly about. I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers, but that's just how I see it.
    Vote.jpg

Attachments

• Vote.jpg
      Vote.jpg
      160.1 KB · Views: 0

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope... how are Texan's, for example, voting rights or rights to representation affected?

Minnesota's election does not affect Texas' electoral college in the least... none, nada.

So, Minnesotans? Versus Canadians? I would say yup as their voting rights and representation are affected.

Versus other Minnesotans? Say versus mail in ballots, or expiring the expulsion of felons' voting rights? Nope. Their "standing" is voting in the elections for their state reps who set the election rules.
    Got it. Vehemently disagree. If one state does not conduct their election per the constitution other states and their voters are disenfranchised. If 49 states conduct their elections according to the constitution to a resulting tie, but one state did not, its votes are not constitutional.

Over claims less than in 2020 several local elections have been ordered to be redone, so not unprecedented…

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    So, Trump didn't press Pence to steal the election?
    No. He did not.
    Do you think Pence should have declared Trump the winner?
    No. He should have sent disputed electors back to the state(s) from which they came. The state could recertify and send the electors back to Pence who could then count them. Frankly, Pence (as VP) doesn't actually declare anyone a winner. He counts certified electoral votes. In this particular instance, some such electoral votes were in dispute. Pence sending the disputed votes back to the state(s), telling them to get their collective **** together and re-send one group of certified electors would have been a reasonable position. Pence didn't have the balls to do that.
    End Reply.

Start (my) Soapbox. (directed at no one in particular)

The thing is, there were hundreds in congress (among both chambers) that disagreed with the electors and/or certifications from some states. Some of these congress critters against certification were from the states in dispute. Read that again. There was no attempt, by anyone, to "overturn" an election. Constitutional scholars couldn't agree on a process to resolve disputed electors, so it's not as if there are hard and fast rules to be followed. Further, as a nation, we've not yet decided how such a scenario will be dealt with in the future. Just great. Paging hanging chad....

Multiple states sued other states claiming inproprieties. The courts wouldn't touch that hot-potato. Eyewitness', sworn affidavits, video evidence all demonstrating something untoward or nefarious occurred in the 2020 election but the accusation is always the same from the ignorant, 'Trump tried to overturn election results!' 'Trump lead an insurrection!'

Seriously, Trump said (twitted, whatever) let your voices be heard, stay peaceful. Once the feds activated their entrapment plans, Trump advised the citizens to go home. What f'n world do people live on where that can be construed as Trump=guilty?? And to understand that our fellow citizens are rotting in jail for little more than minor tresspassing or petty vandalism or less, yikes. We tout due process with equal appliction of law while allowing the President's son to be involved in blackmail, blow and hookers.

A man can be blinded by his rage against Trump. A man can pretend that a geriatric dementia patient can still function as a U.S. President. But if a man believes Joe Biden rec'd 81MM legitimate votes, that man should run to the edge of his flat earth and jump off.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    To be honest there never was much news coverage to begin with talking about Trump addressing the border, inflation, crime, etc. because it would be a detriment to their protection of Biden.

Trump is terrible at staying on topic. Trump can't control the message.

Exhibit 1A-
    tweet removed since it was fake. Point still valid though

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump is terrible at staying on topic. Trump can't control the message.

Exhibit 1A-

Several screenshots went viral on Friday appearing to show Donald Trump talking about the controversy surrounding Panera’s lemonade. Trump appears to be discussing the highly caffeinated lemonade that’s been blamed for the deaths of two people, and even insisting that Joe Biden was somehow responsible. But the images are completely fake. Trump never said it.

The images appear to have been taken from Trump’s recent speech in Coralville, Iowa, but a transcript of that speech reveals Trump never said anything about lemonade. The entire speech is available to watch on YouTube, where you can see Trump never mentions lemonade. The screenshots were simply photoshopped to make it seem like he said that.

Where did these altered screenshots originate? They appear to be the work of Keaton Patti, a comedian who frequently goes viral on X

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Several screenshots went viral on Friday appearing to show Donald Trump talking about the controversy surrounding Panera’s lemonade. Trump appears to be discussing the highly caffeinated lemonade that’s been blamed for the deaths of two people, and even insisting that Joe Biden was somehow responsible. But the images are completely fake. Trump never said it.

The images appear to have been taken from Trump’s recent speech in Coralville, Iowa, but a transcript of that speech reveals Trump never said anything about lemonade. The entire speech is available to watch on YouTube, where you can see Trump never mentions lemonade. The screenshots were simply photoshopped to make it seem like he said that.

Where did these altered screenshots originate? They appear to be the work of Keaton Patti, a comedian who frequently goes viral on X
    Here's the entire speech. I took the time to skim through it myself and I couldn't find one mention of lemonade. Others are welcome to try and find it.

Trump pretty much stayed on point. I would say that X post has been debunked. FAKE.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I never take anything on X seriously at all; I assume it's all ****.

Of course, I never take anything Trump says seriously, either. ;)
    Well apparently, HKFaninCarmel took it seriously. He submitted it as "Exhibit 1A" to allegedly demonstrate that "Trump is terrible at staying on topic. Trump can't control the message."

I don't trust a lot of things I read on X either or when they get reposted here at face value that's why I took about 10 minutes of my time to research it and I found out it was bogus. Totally FAKE.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I don't trust a lot of things I read on X either or when they get reposted here at face value that's why I took about 10 minutes of my time to research it and I found out it was bogus. Totally FAKE.
    I've learned this to be absolutely true. Someone sees a tweet that seems to serve their worldview, and it gets disseminated, and often, clearly without watching/reading it. A few minutes with DuckDuckGo normally debunks the tweet.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've learned this to be absolutely true. Someone sees a tweet that seems to serve their worldview, and it gets disseminated, and often, clearly without watching/reading it. A few minutes with DuckDuckGo normally debunks the tweet.
    There is also a big habit among many of tweeting something stupid only to get deleted shortly after they get called out.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

mXP.gif

Top Bottom