• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think that remains to be seen. There is no doubt Trumpers do not have the numbers to do it without independents. So I think a lot of it depends on how right leaning independents take it if Trump is convicted.

That’s why I said that it’s important that if Trump gets convicted, the right message goes out to convince them to stay with Trump.

But anyone saying Trumpers can do it on their own, without any independents, is delusional.
    On the flipside any of the other candidates can't do it on their own either without Trumpers support.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed. If the republicans aren’t going to figure out how to roll that crap back they’re better figure out how to not Trumpers on it.
    But, I doubt they can capitalize on it. Democrats can because the media normalizes it for them. They even get moderate conservatives to buy into it. Republicans don’t have the cover to get away with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On the flipside any of the other candidates can't do it on their own either without Trumpers support.
    Even more the case. The bulk of GOP voters are Trumpers, but not a majority of the overall electorate. So no one in the GOP can be elected President without Trumpers going along with it. And they won’t do that. It’s Trump or bust. So it’s Trump.

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    An inconvenient fact you may not have pondered is that DJT has increased his vote totals in each race he has entered, it is a short list of races but the feat either has never been achieved or rarely achieved (to lazy to look it up again).

It really is about the voting corruption…
    IF Donald Trump loses in 2024, will you believe it is because of voting corruption?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But, I doubt they can capitalize on it. Democrats can because the media normalizes it for them. They even get moderate conservatives to buy into it. Republicans don’t have the cover to get away with it.
    I once heard it said republicans fail to fight at the time it matters and in the way it matters. They’re behind the ball either trying to catch up or figuring out how to be a conservative version of whatever leftist narrative is in vogue. This voting stuff is just one example.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think that remains to be seen. There is no doubt Trumpers do not have the numbers to do it without independents. So I think a lot of it depends on how right leaning independents take it if Trump is convicted.

That’s why I said that it’s important that if Trump gets convicted, the right message goes out to convince them to stay with Trump.

But anyone saying Trumpers can do it on their own, without any independents, is delusional.
    Just who was it that gave Trump the most votes EVER for an incumbent? Lot of posters here are all about dividing the electorate into slices and trying to predict the slices, a task even seasoned handicappers cannot achieve. They just use it to bolster their feelings.

I follow the NFL, it is clear which teams are very good and which are very bad but to pick straight up winners, no spreads, is at best a 50-50 proposition for the pros. The best pro each year is usually around 65% correct and few prognosticators are the best the next year. Picking the NFL is child’s play compared to picking politics…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Even more the case. The bulk of GOO voters are Trumpers, but not a majority of the overall electorate. So no one in thenGOP can be elected President without Trumpers going along with it. And they won’t do that. It’s Trump or bust. So it’s Trump.
    Are you calling Trumpers "GOO" voters? :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If elections cannot be viewed, audited or otherwise verifiably proven accurate, what kind of nation do we have? Kicking out legal witnesses, covering windows, running votes through machines over and over again cannot be acceptable. This is irrelevant to any one candidate. Something wicked occurred in 2020. What's to stop it from occurring again in 2024?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, lets not forget that in the “fraud poll” Republican voters cheated more than democrats. :):

Seriously though it’s not logical to claim that a trend will continue, without some evidence it will. Don’t take this for granted. Those vote totals included a lot of independents. Go back and look at the exit polls. These are not all Trumpers. It’s arrogant and delusional to assume people are just automatically on your side.
    Falling for another BS media trick. Can we now do a poll of truck drivers hauling ballots from NY to Philly? Democrat poll workers running the same batches of ballots through the machines multiple times AFTER watchers were sent home? Hey, how about a poll of CIA operatives that run Hammer and Scorecard. The list can go on…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nah. I’m on my iphone. And to my phat thumbs, the O key is a little to close to the P key.
    I suspected that was the case but wasn't sure if you weren't maybe coming up with a new name for Trumpers. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More people voted for Trump in 2020 than voted for him in 2016. I don't expect any of those people to change their position now.
    Some have. After 1/6 they were all over social media saying they mad a mistake. I would not take it for granted that most people will vote for Trump. Media influence is pretty impactful. That needs to be countered to win them back.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I think the game plan will be, get at least one conviction after Trump seals the nomination. See how the polls go after the conviction.
    I think they would like a conviction, but mostly want the hearing to present that Trump took our most "sensitive security secret" documents, stored them on a stage/bathroom, lied about returning them under subpoena, in fact actively played a shell game with them to hide them, and showed or talked about them as a vanity tool.

Conviction would be icing on top for them... IMO, most of the others are "side-shows" to whip up primary support. The "Toilet Papers <sup>TM</sup>" is the big dance, IMO.

Have media talk about “he’s destroying our democracy relentlessly. If that doesn’t sink Trump in the polls by the DNC convention, pull the plug on Biden.
    I dunno... if he/they wait until the convention, then they almost "have" to nominate Harris... gadzooks! Or explain why not, lol! (i.e. say what everyone with a brain says about Harris, she doesn't have one)

I mean if you’re a communist, trying to sow the seeds of revolution, Biden is the ideal instigator. He’s destabilizing everything. I think they’ll make every effort to keep him. He’s doing a bangup job.
    I dunno... I think their ideal wouldn't nap 20 hours a day. :)

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    More people voted for Trump in 2020 than voted for him in 2016. I don't expect any of those people to change their position now.
    Raises hand... lot's of us love the Constitution more than a man, especially one who attempted to steal the 2020 election.

Some have. After 1/6 they were all over social media saying they mad a mistake. I would not take it for granted that most people will vote for Trump. Media influence is pretty impactful. That needs to be countered to win them back.
    For exactly this reason... among others... but the biggest is that Trump pressured Pence to steal the election for him... his "Constitutional Expert", John Eastman wrote the memo... "and then Pence gavels Trump re-elected". Trump echo'ed this on Jan 6th, "If Pence does the 'right' thing, we win."

Nope, that's a hard deal-breaker for me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think they would like a conviction, but mostly want the hearing to present that Trump took our most "sensitive security secret" documents, stored them on a stage/bathroom, lied about returning them under subpoena, in fact actively played a shell game with them to hide them, and showed or talked about them as a vanity tool.
    Trump was sure acting awfully suspicious with his shell game and directing employees to delete surveillance tapes for someone claiming that he did nothing wrong.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Conviction would be icing on top for them... IMO, most of the others are "side-shows" to whip up primary support. The "Toilet Papers <sup>TM</sup>" is the big dance, IMO.

I dunno... if he/they wait until the convention, then they almost "have" to nominate Harris... gadzooks! Or explain why not, lol! (i.e. say what everyone with a brain says about Harris, she doesn't have one)

They don’t have to nominate Harris. No one likes her. The DNC can make up any excuse. They can pay her in lines of coke to STFU about it.

I dunno... I think their ideal wouldn't nap 20 hours a day. :)
    The great thing about biden is that he’s not running things anyway. I strongly suspect the DNC is is running things and Biden is just there, whether he’s awake or not. Notice when Biden has gone off script, “The White House” corrects him.

Top Bottom