• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

It's the nightmare scenario that I've been worried about for months. I would add that he would drag the Republicans down ticket, and we'd be looking at donkeys running the White House, Senate and House of Representatives. And it doesn't appear that there is much of a hope that anyone can beat him in the primaries.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's the nightmare scenario that I've been worried about for months. I would add that he would drag the Republicans down ticket, and we'd be looking at donkeys running the White House, Senate and House of Representatives. And it doesn't appear that there is much of a hope that anyone can beat him in the primaries.
    Can we agree that Jonathan Turley is not a Trumper, not even a Republican, but he is a scholar on constitutional matters?

There are weighty constitutional issues here that have never been raised to SCOTUS in the history of this country. (This alone shows the highly unusual aspects of this all.) The outcome you are worried about is only attainable by by extraordinary constitutional maneuvering. We watch enough 2A court cases to know the drill, is a trial in March the norm or extraordinary?

This is a conservative SCOTUS, many conservatives believe this means they will always go their way. Sadly, not the case but the majority are conservative in their approach and a trial in March on novel issues that require SCOTUS decisions to even begin, possibly several of them, will not happen. They will not make monumental decisions in a rush because Jack Smith wants them to...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So in a nutshell this poll isn't necessarily a cause for concern right now because there is a possibility that these cases won't even come to trial before the election if at all.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Alot of this essay sounds like a parallel of the discussion here.

The author of the op-ed starts out with a litany of Trumps accomplishments that once made him a steadfast Trump supporter like many supported him for then and still do now before he gives 7 negative factors that dimmish Trump support with certain voters and a summary of why he should drop out now. These negative factors sound a lot like what some here on Ingo have been most critical of. He breaks each one down further in the essay.

(1) Refusing to admit that he lost the 2020 election.
    (2) Recklessly refusing to call off the protesters when the demonstration turned violent on January 6
    (3) Losing Republican control of the U.S. Senate by making rash endorsements of weak Republican candidates in several states.

(4) Legal problems
    (5) Age
    (6) Concerns about Trump's character
    (7) Trump fatigue

Sound familiar?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

A data point along the line... which leads to Biden not being the Dem candidate in 2024, IMO.
    I think the game plan will be, get at least one conviction after Trump seals the nomination. See how the polls go after the conviction. Have media talk about “he’s destroying our democracy relentlessly. If that doesn’t sink Trump in the polls by the DNC convention, pull the plug on Biden.

I mean if you’re a communist, trying to sow the seeds of revolution, Biden is the ideal instigator. He’s destabilizing everything. I think they’ll make every effort to keep him. He’s doing a bangup job.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Oh, I don't think that was his point. It's that it doesn't matter if the debate team is reduced to one person, it's still not enough to beat Trump. If it's Trump versus any one of them, possibly some votes would go to Trump, but even if not, he has > 50% of the vote.

Of course that's just the raw score analysis at a superficial level. The dynamics likely change when it's head to head. So maybe that 2nd place person beats Trump. He's only got 51% in Iowa. All it would take is for a little over a percent to switch sides. Or, maybe in the case of Nikky being the remaining candidate to go against Trump, prolly more of the DeSantis supporters would hold their noses for Trump.
    I think you kinda missed my point. I think "most" of the DeSantis vote goes to Trump after DeSantis drops out, and Trump starts looking more like a 65~70% candidate than a 51% one. "Anti-woke" is the DeSantis brand, and those people can't possibly like what they're seeing from Darling Nikki.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the DC case is unlikely to make it to trial as is the Florida docs case. The Bragg NY case is falling apart per top legal opinions and the other NY case us not criminal. That leaves the GA case that is also weak and I believe there are issues that will go to SCOTUS before it will go to trial if it does. I always thought they played the indictments out too close to the election to have time to get a conviction…

Chances are not good for those praying for a conviction…

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So the DC case is unlikely to make it to trial as is the Florida docs case. The Bragg NY case is falling apart per top legal opinions and the other NY case us not criminal. That leaves the GA case that is also weak and I believe there are issues that will go to SCOTUS before it will go to trial if it does.

Looking forward to seeing the liberal f*****s sh.tting their pants when these start to fall apart. They are all sh.t cases from what I can see. You have to be ignorant of the law to think any of them are legit. I am really surprised more people aren't concerned by the "Kangaroo Court" aspect of this. People are ok with it, as long as the "right" person is the target.

Same way with the Pentagon people leaking classified material against Trump when he was in Office. All the high and mighty national defense people who were in a lather about Edward Snowden, could give a sxxt when it was being done to undermine Trump.

I know he won't do it, but I would really love to see him get re-elected, pardon Snowden on Day One, even before the White House janitors have cleaned Joe Biden's poop-stains off the carpet. Then fire every Pentagon brass person who can be fired. Put the names of every person in the Joint Chiefs of Staff in a big tumbler, and have a live streamed video feed of him pulling out 10 names every hour and firing them on the spot and sending them back to their federal day-jobs.

I'm in a mood today.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe you should look at your closed minded responses, no discussion, just your way or no way.
    Close minded? I really am not interested in discussing this further. I'll say my peace here. And that's it. You can have the last word. Please make it a reasonable one. You kept insisting that I was saying things I didn't say. It's my suspicion you probably believe it, and that might be why you're confused, thinking I'm the one who is closed minded?

You said something about Trump could have made Mexico pay for the wall. Tariffs or something. I said that was irrelevant. Which it is. And then you said I was saying the truth isn’t relevant. Well, I made no points saying the truth is irrelevant other than giving you an example of the truth being irrelevant. In fact, when someone says something that is irrelevant, it usually is something that's true. Otherwise it would be a better rebuttal that the counterpoint is false, not simply irrelevant.

I said your point about how Trump might make Mexico pay for the wall wasn’t relevant to my complaint about not making promises you know you won't keep, because Trump said that he had no intention of making Mexico pay for the wall! AND--this is the part that makes your point about that he could have irrelevant: Trump said that he didn't have the authority to do that. I did not say he couldn't have done done it. TRUMP DID! So it is irrelevant for you to claim he could've, when Trump said he could not. Take up your complaint about his constitutional powers with Trump, not me.

My whole point was that we should hold politicians accountable for making promises they have no intention of keeping. He had no intention of keeping that promise, and even insisted he could not have done it anyway. Again, HE said that. Not me. I'm just saying, then don't ****ing promise it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you kinda missed my point. I think "most" of the DeSantis vote goes to Trump after DeSantis drops out, and Trump starts looking more like a 65~70% candidate than a 51% one. "Anti-woke" is the DeSantis brand, and those people can't possibly like what they're seeing from Darling Nikki.
    I agree with that. If Haley is the last standing, probably most votes for Ramaswamy and DeSantis go to Trump. I think DeSantis may have a few more neverTrumpers among his supporters than Ramaswamy. I kinda don't think Ramaswamy has many neverTrumpers as his supporters. He doesn't actually HAVE many supporters.

What I've seen the media say about Ramaswamy is that the biggest demographic he has is young voters who don't like Democrats and especially Joe Biden. I think they move to Trump. I don't think Haley and Ramaswamy have any overlap on the Venn diagram. She ain't gonna pick up his supporters.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So the DC case is unlikely to make it to trial as is the Florida docs case. The Bragg NY case is falling apart per top legal opinions and the other NY case us not criminal. That leaves the GA case that is also weak and I believe there are issues that will go to SCOTUS before it will go to trial if it does. I always thought they played the indictments out too close to the election to have time to get a conviction…
    Where are you getting this? Not that I don't believe it. Both cases should fall apart because they're obviously politicized ********. If the docs case did make it to court, Smith better **** some evidence that what he's claiming is all true. And not **** that is so heavily redacted that citizens must take his word for it. Trump's legal team have to be able to rebut any points about this so-called proof.

I think that's why they all colluded to throw all these disparate charges at Trump to try to throw enough stuff at the wall to get at least something to stick. I think if Trump beats it, D's are ****ed. I think people are growing tired of this. Especially reading polls that say even some democrats believe the DoJ is weaponized against Trump. It's just that they agree with doing it because Trump is literally Hitler.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I agree with that. If Haley is the last standing, probably most votes for Ramaswamy and DeSantis go to Trump. I think DeSantis may have a few more neverTrumpers among his supporters than Ramaswamy. I kinda don't think Ramaswamy has many neverTrumpers as his supporters.

What I've seen the media say about Ramaswamy is that the biggest demographic he has is young voters who don't like Democrats and especially Joe Biden. I think they move to Trump. I don't think Haley and Ramaswamy have any overlap on the Venn diagram. She ain't gonna pick up his supporters.
    What's ironic this time, is Haley doesn't have any overlap with anybody (unless you consider der fatazzpuzzbag - which I don't). She is what Trump was last time. It's satisfying to see the Eddie Haskells of the GOP finally on the outside looking in.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's ironic this time, is Haley doesn't have any overlap with anybody (unless you consider der fatazzpuzzbag - which I don't). She is what Trump was last time. It's satisfying to see the Eddie Haskells of the GOP finally on the outside looking in.
    Kudos for using some form of fat ass pussbag. :thumbsup: I don't think there's a GOP politician I've despised more than THE fat ass pussbag.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Megan Kelly being "nasty" She's saying that this argument should have been made by the candidates in the last debate.

"The Independant vote is going to collapse on Trump. If he gets convicted, which is a very high chance, those Independents are going to run and we're going to lose, it's too uncertain a bet and it's one that we don't have to make."

Reactions: oze
    Top Bottom