• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope... how are Texan's, for example, voting rights or rights to representation affected?

Minnesota's election does not affect Texas' electoral college in the least... none, nada.

So, Minnesotans? Versus Canadians? I would say yup as their voting rights and representation are affected.

Versus other Minnesotans? Say versus mail in ballots, or expiring the expulsion of felons' voting rights? Nope. Their "standing" is voting in the elections for their state reps who set the election rules.
    I think the federal government would have standing. But not other states.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Got it. Vehemently disagree. If one state does not conduct their election per the constitution other states and their voters are disenfranchised. If 49 states conduct their elections according to the constitution to a resulting tie, but one state did not, its votes are not constitutional.

Over claims less than in 2020 several local elections have been ordered to be redone, so not unprecedented…
    You should definitely file a lawsuit against MN and see if it gets thrown out because of lack of standing. I suspect it will.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've learned this to be absolutely true. Someone sees a tweet that seems to serve their worldview, and it gets disseminated, and often, clearly without watching/reading it. A few minutes with DuckDuckGo normally debunks the tweet.
    Yeah, happens here a lot too from a lot of other sources.

Reactions: oze

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It’s arrogant and delusional to assume people are just automatically on your side.
    Like when people assume that if Trump drops out (or gets pushed out) those votes will or should just automatically go to whoever is allowed to run?
    IF Donald Trump loses in 2024, will you believe it is because of voting corruption?
    "Depends on the context" - Claudine Gay

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like when people assume that if Trump drops out (or gets pushed out) those votes will or should just automatically go to whoever is allowed to run?

"Depends on the context" - Claudine Gay
    No. I think people know the score. Everyone knows Trump has a loyal following and many of them would rather write in Trump's name on the ballot than vote for any other candidate. No one is taking you for granted.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See Mike? How many SD4L’s are there? Probably more than you care to admit.
    Not enough to make DeSantis happen, or elect him if they could

People say they need Trumpers out of one side of their mouth and then their actions give the lie to their words

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not enough to make DeSantis happen, or elect him if they could

People say they need Trumpers out of one side of their mouth and then their actions give the lie to their words
    If we're being honest, don't we say all the things we believe are true? No GOP candidate can win without Trumpers. That's a fact. Another fact is Trump cannot win by Trumpers alone.

I'm defining "Trumper" to be a devout Trump supporter. Likely the sizeable number of people who say they'll vote for Trump, but not if he's convicted, are not Trumpers per se.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would be shocked if he got away with this one.

At the minimum, this is more campaign dollars on lawyers, more time not campaigning and spent dealing trials, and more news coverage not talking about Trump addressing the border, inflation, crime, etc, but how he can't stay out of a court room. We're shooting ourselves right in the leg by picking Trump, and the DeSantis/Haley team has little time to prosecute the case that Trump is driving us here.
    It's the will of the people. Isn't that how it is supposed to be?

Top Bottom