• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you send your children to public school, you are part of the problem. Sorry, but you need to make life choices that are right for your children.
    Plenty of lessons to be learned even if you don't agree with what is being taught. The trick is making sure your kids know that it is ok to respectfully disagree with the "teachers". Know when to challenge and know when to keep quiet as you'll never change their minds. Those skills will be used throughout life more than a lot of the things that are required to be taught.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    China games. Masks save lives............

lEghVG9gM9q7.jpeg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Plenty of lessons to be learned even if you don't agree with what is being taught. The trick is making sure your kids know that it is ok to respectfully disagree with the "teachers". Know when to challenge and know when to keep quiet as you'll never change their minds. Those skills will be used throughout life more than a lot of the things that are required to be taught.

Really? There is a time to disagree with the teachers. My laugh for the day. Most teachers are fresh from collegiate indoctrination centers and cannot allow disagreement…

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Really? There is a time to disagree with the teachers. My laugh for the day. Most teachers are fresh from collegiate indoctrination centers and cannot allow disagreement…
    Just like LEO, there are some good ones. My point was more about learning how to deal with people who don't share your viewpoints. My kids will very likely be going to public schools, I will very likely have to undo/augment the info being taught. I managed to figure it out. I think they will too.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Wife’s a teacher. Special Ed. She’s getting out because the stupidity has gotten so bad. And it’s not from one source, it’s all. Parents that use the schools as a babysitter and to teach their children right/wrong/morals because they can’t be bothered. Administrations that have their heads so far up their own asses they have to yawn to see daylight. State board of education with rules and programs that make zero sense to anyone with a brain.

There are bad teachers, like anything else. Most that I have come in contact in the last 20 years truly want to help kids.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wife’s a teacher. Special Ed. She’s getting out because the stupidity has gotten so bad. And it’s not from one source, it’s all. Parents that use the schools as a babysitter and to teach their children right/wrong/morals because they can’t be bothered. Administrations that have their heads so far up their own asses they have to yawn to see daylight. State board of education with rules and programs that make zero sense to anyone with a brain.

There are bad teachers, like anything else. Most that I have come in contact in the last 20 years truly want to help kids.
    You are talking about those educated years ago, not the indoctrinated young ones…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You did say “most are recently indoctrinated” above, and I don’t know how that could be correct.
    There are a lot of young skulls full of mush for sure, but many are left who still care deeply.
    If they will not fight back against what they know is wrong, they may even love the kids but if they teach the crap they are part of the problem…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Now its...
    Wearing a mask protect the individual.
    So, if you're wearing a mask, and someone else isn't, you'll be protected.
    :xmad:

And they wonder why some people don't trust them.

And he points out, if anyone said this stuff she's saying, a couple months ago, she'd be accused of being an anti-vaxer and killing people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another school board

School Board Members Try To Walk Out On Bosnian Immigrant Warning Against Tyranny; He Continues To Standing Ovation​

"I'm telling you, if you do not stop complying, you will lose everything that you have. Stop complying."

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Now its...
    Wearing a mask protect the individual.
    So, if you're wearing a mask, and someone else isn't, you'll be protected.
    :xmad:

And they wonder why some people don't trust them.

And he points out, if anyone said this stuff she's saying, a couple months ago, she'd be accused of being an anti-vaxer and killing people.

These people are ducking fisgusting.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    You are talking about those educated years ago, not the indoctrinated young ones…
    I have two kids that are newer teachers. Both went thru the indoctrination at college. Both were swayed on some things that I did not agree with.

Both care about the job, and the kids. Both do not like the crap that the system is forcing on them. One will probably not be a teacher next year because of all the parents and admins that don't really care but want to be in the lime light.

It's a shame as I believe we need public schools, and especially teachers who care. I fear that the majority of people who are all against the public school system as a whole do not see all the individuals who make it worth while.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My kids learned that and much more from home school. My sons are grown and married now, and taking them out of public school was one of the best things I did for them. My youngest son has been pulled over and wrongfully detained and ticketed on false charges twice. He handled it with more maturity than the cops and both times went to court and won. He should be on "Audit the Audit" on you tube...he probably could be but seem local cops never seem to have a "working" video. He didn't learn any of that from public schools.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I have two kids that are newer teachers. Both went thru the indoctrination at college. Both were swayed on some things that I did not agree with.

Both care about the job, and the kids. Both do not like the crap that the system is forcing on them. One will probably not be a teacher next year because of all the parents and admins that don't really care but want to be in the lime light.

It's a shame as I believe we need public schools, and especially teachers who care. I fear that the majority of people who are all against the public school system as a whole do not see all the individuals who make it worth while.
    Do a history search of public schools....they were not made until the mid 1800's. Started with PA to use tax $ to make schools ONLY for poor kids. Until then parents made the schools and parents ran the schools. Then by the mid 1900's government was in complete control of public schools. Parents need to get back to the old days were kids are number 1 and not their careers and play time. Had a niece go to college and become a teacher....teaches now in private christian school. Also had a family member become a teacher here in IN then moved to FL....taught for 3 years and called it quits on teaching. My sister was a teacher all her life and retired then in FL went back to part time for a very short time. She has seen the fall of public school 1st hand. You are right there is good teachers out there.....but the government run public schools are getting worse by the second. My local school here in IN has gone bat sh** crazy. A school that would make Obama proud if you get the drift there. The only kids that should be in public schools are kids with parents not able to hardly make a living. We as parent have handed over our greatest gifts from God to the government.....Thats not how our Republic was started.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    There are more parents out there that should not in any way shape or form be teaching their kids.

This is not about income either. I have family members that make more than I do and they do not have what it takes to home school. I watched them try. It only hurt the kids more.

I have known more than a few home schooled kids as well. The majority are higher up on the scale as far as what they know. But just like public schools there are those that are bad. Family that lived next to me, the father worked at a religious college and home schooled the kids. They would be out running the streets because mom had a migraine and sent them away. They used to play post office and take all the neighborhood's mail. More than once the father came home and found the pile in the garage.

I have other examples of bad parenting from home schools, but that isn't the topic. I have more examples of bad parenting from public school parents, but I am around more of them.

Gov should step back for sure. The amount of wasted time doing paperwork proves that. Parents should be more involved. Parents should not be allowed to decide what does and does not happen in the schools on a whim. That happens daily. Some administrators just let the problem parents do and say what they want to avoid more issues. Lawsuits do happen. I am learning so much from just listening to the goings on at the schools. From both teachers and admins. It is not a single school system either.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    School choice would make huge changes. John Stossel has great videos on this (yeah, forgive me, I think the Libertarians are right on this one). Make the money follow the student, not the school. Let the student and their parent(s) decide where they should go and only provide the same payment you would regardless of whether it was public education or not. Let it get figured out just like the "free market" but keep your thumb off the scale. Public schools would either be fixed or gone. If a school underperforms or teaches what parents don't like, they're gone. Teachers unions? GONE. They are nothing but poison and should be removed from the harm they cause our children.

Top Bottom