The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I had the same thought and after talking with CGW that is what I did only to find another problem. After removing .015 from the oal, I had to contour the backside of the trigger so it would not contact the rear of the frame side of the trigger guard. I then had .015 clearance from any contact being made on the lower and back side of the trigger. This created another problem with setting the overtravel adjustment. The upper portion of the trigger base above the overtravel adjustment screw was contacting the rear inside of the frame not allowing enough trigger pull through to clear the sear contact point on the hammer cut. This will damage the sear. CGW is sending an 85c trigger to be used until the issues with the SA/DA straight triggers are corrected, and they will send one to me. It will be around the end of the year before they are supplied with correct triggers. It is a PITA especially for stale_ranch but CGW is making it right!
    Shout out to CGW for the speedy response times. They’ve truly been wonderful to work with so far, they’ve made things as right as they can and I really do appreciate them for it.

It certainly hasn’t been a stress free experience but I’m fully aware that it’ll be worth it in the end, I have faith in the process and the Wizard’s magic. We all need some delayed gratification to slow us down at times, amirite?

Side note, wishing for a speedy recovery to Mr. and Mrs. Patience, and anyone else in need!
    BTW I have the 85 combat trigger on a couple of pistols and love it!

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I do not think your Pre-85 has it. When the 85 Combat came out one improvement was the 85C (Combat) trigger. The radius of the 85C trigger is not as tight as the standard CZ trigger and it has a better feel on the booger hook:cool:.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I do not think your Pre-85 has it. When the 85 Combat came out one improvement was the 85C (Combat) trigger. The radius of the 85C trigger is not as tight as the standard CZ trigger and it has a better feel on the booger hook:cool:.
    I didn't think it did. We are talking about maybe doing some upgrades to the two 75 B pistols we have. Back when I brought this pistol home, people would look at it and go, a what?
    Thanks

Top Bottom