• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My LE trade-in Sig P229 .40SW DAK came in today.
    I think it's a model E29R-40-BSS-DAK-MGS(?) from what I can make out in the picture in the ad.
    They sent me a new sig case though for some reason that has no label on it.

DOES anybody know what the "MGS" in the model number means?

It's even nicer in person than it looked in the pictures.
    Came with 3 magazines.
    I've already swapped in the new OEM Sig .357 Sig barrel.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I really like the Sig P229, so today I bought another LE trade-in Sig P229 .40SW DAK, along with an OEM Sig .357 Sig barrel.
    It's coming this Tuesday.

They seem to be drying up and prices shooting up so I figured I'd better move while I still can afford them.
    I just wish I'd bought some trade-ins in the past when they were cheaper and more plentiful.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ain't that the truth !

I can understand your desire to own another P229. :thumbsup:
    I've had one I bought new some years back that came as a DA/SA in .357 Sig.
    It wasn't cheap, but has been a great pistol.

So now that Sig seems to be phasing them out, I figured I need more than one just in case.
    These DAK LE trade-ins seem to be the cheapest compared to the used DA/SA ones.

I don't mind DAK, as I started out shooting double action .357 Magnum revolvers back in the 70's.
    And if I'm of a mind later to convert one of them to a DA/SA, I can.
    Main thing is I have the pistols.

And if God forbid I have to lawfully use one in self defense, it won't bite quite as bad when the Indy Police take an old used one, and the City of Indianapolis refuses to return it in this lifetime.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Sig peoples, I have a question regarding the Wilson Combat Grip Module for P365, specifically this one:

Two concerns/clarifications:

Does the module extend the grip any? I am planning to use a pocket holster at time during the summer (cargo shorts) and want to still be able to Carry with the flush 10 rnd mag. (Bonus points if you can post a pic of one with a 10 rnd mag inserted.

My understanding is it uses the original sig mag release which I find difficult (enough so that I am not ready to carry it yet). Does the shape of the grip/module make it any easier to release or would you recommend a replacement with an extended mag release button?

TIA and happy shooting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up the P229 yesterday and already have a SS on order for it. I'll order a GG SRT today and then begin shopping for grips.
    58cb37b28d37a0fa4b70a596a211678e.jpg
    a703bbda18fa3ae6bfd3c86565cfd3f9.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sig peoples, I have a question regarding the Wilson Combat Grip Module for P365, specifically this one:

Does the module extend the grip any? I am planning to use a pocket holster at time during the summer (cargo shorts) and want to still be able to Carry with the flush 10 rnd mag. (Bonus points if you can post a pic of one with a 10 rnd mag inserted.

My understanding is it uses the original sig mag release which I find difficult (enough so that I am not ready to carry it yet). Does the shape of the grip/module make it any easier to release or would you recommend a replacement with an extended mag release button?

TIA and happy shooting.
    I don't have a P365 but I'm sure someone that has one can help

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

TIA and happy shooting.

Bonus points? I’m in.

Mag release is about the same.

76ae19ff3a2dbbc2d151479c69af67ef.jpg

dbe6e6e9fdb80e4f0adddd662f4e352e.jpg

561f4108242f1468d7c1bdde39c7e877.jpg

ab28119dd890fb7d0e30d1b65a286d79.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A P229 Serial Number question with regard to one in .357 Sig DAK.
    It's an Exeter NH one, with the older slotted screws grips, half height serrations, and rails.

It's serial number is a straight string of all numbers with no letters or spaces.
    5580928xx
    Can anybody tell me anything about this, as this is the first one in my VERY limited experience I've seen in this format.
    P229Serial.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom