• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A P229 Serial Number question with regard to one in .357 Sig DAK.
    It's an Exeter NH one, with the older slotted screws grips, half height serrations, and rails.

It's serial number is a straight string of all numbers with no letters or spaces.
    5580928xx
    Can anybody tell me anything about this, as this is the first one in my VERY limited experience I've seen in this format.
    View attachment 188221
    The third character should be a B. 55B06... puts it at about a 2016 build

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

8900865-gen-web-2.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There’s one over on SigTalk. That is a place to avoid if you don’t want to go broke buying Sigs.
    The bug has already bit me.
    Just a few weeks ago I had just a, P229 .357 DA/SA, P226 DA/SA .40SW switched to .357 Sig, and a P226 DA/SA 9mm from some years ago.
    Then in the last few weeks when I saw some decent deals on LE trade-in P229 .40SW DAKs, I bought one.
    Now I've got three more coming!

I JUST REALLY like the P229 in .357 Sig.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Just a few weeks ago I had just a, P229 .357 DA/SA, P226 DA/SA .40SW switched to .357 Sig, and a P226 DA/SA 9mm from some years ago.
    Then in the last few weeks when I saw some decent deals on LE trade-in P229 .40SW DAKs, I bought one.

i just saw .357 sig barrels for $149

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

You really did get bit in a big way

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well it’s been a month since I complained to sig about my dot getting dirty from the lci on my 320 legion, so I emailed and asked about the barrel they were supposed to send me, he replied “sorry for the miscommunication, I need a picture of the dot covered with carbon”

I’ve shot it at two matches since the first email, and cleaned the glass at both matches! And now it’s clean!!! So now I have to make a trip to the range, shoot it, get it dirty, just for them to replace something they know is a problem (because the new legions don’t have the lci)

Beginning to think sig has taken a page from the H&K customer service manual…”You buy our products, and we hate you!”

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well it’s been a month since I complained to sig about my dot getting dirty from the lci on my 320 legion, so I emailed and asked about the barrel they were supposed to send me, he replied “sorry for the miscommunication, I need a picture of the dot covered with carbon”

I’ve shot it at two matches since the first email, and cleaned the glass at both matches! And now it’s clean!!! So now I have to make a trip to the range, shoot it, get it dirty, just for them to replace something they know is a problem (because the new legions don’t have the lci)

Beginning to think sig has taken a page from the H&K customer service manual…”You buy our products, and we hate you!”
    That does suck and I hope that they come through for you

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    yeah...it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

as much as it'll hurt me, i'll volunteer
    That does suck and I hope that they come through for you
    Grillak is on to something here. Let me have the gun for a weekend and I'll send it back to you thoroughly dirty. I'll even use my own ammo to 'test' it.

I appreciate the offer, but looks like I’ll put some thru it on Saturday, had “B” from sig said that in his first email, I could have had him a pic or two 3 days later, but now it’s been a month and he’s “changed the rules!” Originally just a pic of the red dot on my gun, now it’s a picture of the dot fogged up!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    you'll definitely need rehab.

i just ordered a p320 in .45acp used for $475 and another p229 .40 s&w to make sweet love...i mean modify....yeah....modify

i was going to order me a pd trade in s&w m&p .40 s&w. but then i saw the p320....
    The M&P .40 with an OEM .357sig barrel swapped in is a nice shooting pistol.
    Some years back, my go to gun shop up north had them cheap, and over 6 months or so I bought two.

They were first generation, so I also updated the Sear Housing Block and Striker Assembly, as some of the early ones had trouble.
    Ended up with two in .357 Sig without spending a ton of money.

Top Bottom