• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Agreed, I just wasn't 100% sure if there was anything specific to rimfire that might have precluded it. . Rimfire that was compatible with grip modules already on the market would have been... Perfection.

That said, I'd have also preferred it being striker fired as well, which is 100% doable on a rimfire.
    Why the desire for striker fired over hammer, if it’s all enclosed anyway?
    My only experience with an enclosed hammer is FN5.7, trying to understand some of the differences…

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I might have to pick one of those up. Looks like it could be fun

You’ve got two 3/4 days to make a statement.

aae6f019eb26a9a49ee8553906932877.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Why the desire for striker fired over hammer, if it’s all enclosed anyway?
    My only experience with an enclosed hammer is FN5.7, trying to understand some of the differences…
    Just prefer trigger feel/reset, etc to be as similar to the gun I'm trying to mimic as possible for trainer gun. I've got an S&W M&P compact 22 with the internal hammer, but prefer my TX-22 over it.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So I just got a pretty significant promotion and have with the wife's blessing been allowed to pick out a new pistol. Really torn between the new P210 Carry or the FN 2022 Hi-Power , I know this thread will be biased but both are just good looking handguns. Maybe a new rifle, but honestly 99% of the shooting i do is handgun so I have a hard time sinking cash into another rifle I don't really shoot (but it's every American males duty to have their own rifle set up IMHO)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    So I just got a pretty significant promotion and have with the wife's blessing been allowed to pick out a new pistol. Really torn between the new P210 Carry or the FN 2022 Hi-Power , I know this thread will be biased but both are just good looking handguns. Maybe a new rifle, but honestly 99% of the shooting i do is handgun so I have a hard time sinking cash into another rifle I don't really shoot (but it's every American males duty to have their own rifle set up IMHO)

Biased opinions never!!! I mean it’s only a thread about sig pistols!!!, I mean come on, who goes to a thread about sig pistols and talks crap about sigs! (Well there was that one guy who’s still sitting in the corner licking his wounds!)…

Between the two, I’d go with the 210 carry! NOW IF the high power was built just like the older ones, I’d have to toss a coin! Look at the fit and finish on the new high powers, it’s like a wish.com “high power!”

Older high powers (even from the last run before they dropped them in 17 or 18) are a world apart from the new ones, the fit, the finish, the elegance of the classic high power is…just old world class!

The new “high powers” are for guys who’d buy electric Harley Davidsons, guys who drink “ipa’s”…guys who “moisturize”…guys who pay other guys to cut their grass!

You don’t drink ipa’s do you???

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I cannot say I like beer at all TBG and I think the new FN is being judged a bit harshly. I get a more modern design , better magazines but loose some parts interchangeablity. That being said I am waiting a few months for more reviews to come out as I don't want to get a "lemon"

ToddG330

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Sellersburg
    For you striker fired guys out there… specifically P320

Some of you might have missed that Sig is using two versions of recoil springs on the 3.9” P320 compact. The flat spring model is pretty rough leading to the slide not racking very smooth. You can order a new spring with the coiled rear recoil spring and it really cleans things up. Just did this today on the 320c. I can get a comparison picture if needed

cc0c06390392e9a06844b4f60b21d8f6.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    For you striker fired guys out there… specifically P320

Some of you might have missed that Sig is using two versions of recoil springs on the 3.9” P320 compact. The flat spring model is pretty rough leading to the slide not racking very smooth. You can order a new spring with the coiled rear recoil spring and it really cleans things up. Just did this today on the 320c. I can get a comparison picture if needed

cc0c06390392e9a06844b4f60b21d8f6.jpg
    From what I'm seeing, it seems that Sig is moving towards the flat recoil springs.
    I hear the flat ones are supposed to have a longer service life.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I might need to order a couple in that case. The flat spring really makes the pistol feel cheap in comparison
    That may be, but every different version of a component has it's design compromises.
    But if you like the coiled version, you might stock up on them because Sig may stop making them.

Seems like they did for the P229, as that's what I got ordered straight from Sig a few days ago.
    But they seem good in my P229's and don't feel cheap.
    In fact they felt springier when I swapped them out.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Both of these are on my short list, the 210 Carry's are out but pushing 1500.00, i'll wait. When the FN's come out we'll have to go through the same nonsense of high prices for awhile i'm sure.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

Is the grip angle on that 210 really greater than other Sigs or is it just the picture? There were some comments on the IG post but no answers. Just looks strange to put a g***k angle on a Sig if that’s actually the case.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I finished my latest P229 build tonight. This is the one I picked up a couple of weeks back. It was in really good shape, so it didn’t need much in the way of cosmetic work but I did bead blast a spare slide for it, put a new set of NightFision sights on and put some nice wood grips on. Internally, it has a SigArmorer Super Strut, Armory Craft SRT and AC spring kit. The DA went from close to 10# down to 7.25# and SA from 4.25# to a tick under 3.5#. So, perfect for how I like my carry guns set up.

This one will get some range time and if it behaves, will find regular holster duty going forward.

Repeat picture, but this is how she looks now
    8c7dc81e1bffec1486f304fee30c5db6.jpg

75f0e338fc5f54cb7d45a8341a0b4bec.jpg

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The P229 bug bit me again tonight.

Auctions on several P229 .357Sig DAK's ended at the SAME time tonight for a seller who had many for sale.
    So I bid on a few too many without realizing to keep from losing out and ended up "stuck" with 4 of them! :lmfao:

Two of them are in the CONSECUTIVE serial number range of 55B0928xx, 55B0928xx, and they are only two serial numbers off from the previous one I got recently.

So I'll now have three .357 Sigs within a 4 number serial range, with two of them in LNIB condition, and the third slightly less than LNIB condition,.

Plus the other two are serial numbers AAU018xx and AM 40 5xx.

I really like the P229 in 357 Sig, BUT THIS HAS TO STOP! :)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

Auctions on several P229 .357Sig DAK's ended at the SAME time tonight for a seller who had many for sale.
    So I bid on a few too many without realizing to keep from losing out and ended up "stuck" with 4 of them! :lmfao:

Two of them are in the CONSECUTIVE serial number range of 55B0928xx, 55B0928xx, and they are only two serial numbers off from the previous one I got recently.

So I'll now have three .357 Sigs within a 4 number serial range, with two of them in LNIB condition, and the third slightly less than LNIB condition,.

Well it can’t stop now. You’ll be ate up trying to find that one missing serial number out of the 4. Good luck with that :)
    Then it can stop.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't have the P210 Carry, but I do have the full size target model. I would have to go with the P210 unless you want to carry the pistol, then I would go with the FN. The P210s are just really nice pistols.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Wow, you do have the Signess bad.

Top Bottom