• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I found a used P229 .40SW for $459.99 and it's on the way.
    I ALSO have an OEM Sig barrel in .357 Sig coming too.
    Have never had a DAK trigger, but am looking forward to trying it.

(1) Sig Sauer P229 DAK w/ Sig Night Sights {.40cal)
    (3) Sig Sauer P229 12rd. Magazines
    (1) Sig Sauer Hard Case
    View attachment 185454
    beautiful!

i have a p220 dak. it took me a few to figure out what was different from da/sa. i foynd i really liked when i stopped worrying about it.

i do rehoming services if you decide you don't like it. just don't drop it off in the woods.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Congrats on the new P229. I’ve never shot a DAK but want to give one a go someday
    I'm looking forward to trying it.
    My OEM .40SW to .357 Sig barrel arrived today.
    The pistol is supposed to be here Monday.
    It was described as an agency used pistol.
    I'm wondering if I'll able to tell which when I get it.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Question for the Sig guys here… I recently picked up a P320 M17 and I’ve somewhat fallen for the platform for carry. It just feels right to me. That said, I don’t feel like spending M18 prices for the shorter slide. I was looking at the P320 slides on the Sig website for the basic 3.9” slide, barrel, and recoil spring the price is quickly approaching that of a whole P320 Compact. Do you guys think it makes sense to buy the slide assembly or should I just get a whole new pistol?

Im pretty sure the LCI and Safety prevent you from using any slide other than the M18. If you want to do custom parts swapping your probably just going to have to buy a regular P320.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I got a Bar-Sto barrel for my Springfield Tactical. I only had to file it just a smidge and it fits better than the factory barrel. Works great. Accurate. I figured I would go back there and see if they had a threaded barrel for my P226. I saw they had a 9mm Conversion barrel. Outside dims of a .40 so I don’t have to get a 9mm slide AND threaded for a suppressor. I didn’t know that existed. I ordered it right away only to find I have to wait 14 weeks! That’s insane. It better be good. Maybe they just say that to set expectations and I will get it sooner. I already got a 15lb recoil spring. It came with a firing pin spring as well, do I really need to change that as well? I wonder if they will give me a thread protector. There was no mention of it and I had to pay $15-25 extra to get it with the Springfield barrel. Anyone have a P226 with a Bar-Sto barrel? Any good?

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Anyone have a P226 with a Bar-Sto barrel? Any good?
    Just recently bought a P226 Elite and also an optic slide with Romeo sight. The Sig barrel turned in some pretty good accuracy at 25 yards in the attachment. Tried one target at 50 yards later and really not too bad either.

I thought of trying a Bar-Sto and hopefully have an even more accurate shooter. If I order the Bar-Sto I'll definitely post the results.

Attachments

• a 1           226.jpg
      a 1 226.jpg
      885.7 KB · Views: 6

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    the weirdest thing to me was getting used to the hammer being cocked whenever the slide has been racked and not being able to decock it.
    Wow I didn't know that.
    So I chamber a round, and then I have to go around with the hammer cocked, and not even a safety?
    That seems like a dumb design.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    the weirdest thing to me was getting used to the hammer being cocked whenever the slide has been racked and not being able to decock it.
    Wow I didn't know that.
    So I chamber a round, and then I have to go around with the hammer cocked, and not even a safety?
    Since we're here...
    I might be the only dumb one, but I've never had the opportunity to understand the DAK so did some looking around; thought I post the links I found useful...

sig-dak-explained.85233

dak-trigger-vs-da-sa.48628

The TLDR, the hammer should definitely not be cocked on a DAK, it is double action. As one person stated, really, really smooth double action with a lot of trigger control. The K part (Kellerman) is an intermediate reset if you accidentally short stroke your trigger, or if you are told to train wrong and partially reset to the 8 lb part instead of the 6 lb part. Understanding it a little better, but not quite following the 'why?' yet.

@grillak proceed with caution with that cocked hammer.
    ETA I just reread your post and now realize you are not a new owner. Maybe you can school me on the DAK system a bit?

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Wow I didn't know that.
    i'm not a dak expert but i believe the first pull is a very heavy sa. like 12 lbs ..don't quote me on that though.

that was the reasoning behind no safety.

i always carry with a round chambered, the dak just made me a lot more disciplined.

*edit* just read through the links. just from me shooting the dak, i think the initial pull is higher than 8#s. at least it feels that way to me.

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Since we're here...
    I might be the only dumb one, but I've never had the opportunity to understand the DAK so did some looking around; thought I post the links I found useful...

sig-dak-explained.85233

The TLDR, the hammer should definitely not be cocked on a DAK, it is double action. As one person stated, really, really smooth double action with a lot of trigger control. The K part (Kellerman) is an intermediate reset if you accidentally short stroke your trigger, or if you are told to train wrong and partially reset to the 8 lb part instead of the 6 lb part. Understanding it a little better, but not quite following the 'why?' yet.

@grillak proceed with caution with that cocked hammer.
    ETA I just reread your post and now realize you are not a new owner. Maybe you can school me on the DAK system a bit?
    one of my p229s is a dak and the hammer is always cocked. i don't ever remember reading anything about hammer position during my research.

the guy who designed it did an indepth article on the system. i've read through it a couple of times. i will post it when i find it.

one of the sigtalk members dors a really good job explaining the dak. i will post links soon as i get a chance.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    sig-dak-explained.85233

The TLDR, the hammer should definitely not be cocked on a DAK
    just read another post on sigtalk where they say the same thing.

but...i sent the p220 for the sig service and it came back doing the same thing.

thinking more about it. the hammer is NOT fully cocked.

i found the article by kellerman but i can't post the link for some reason. i will keep trying.

i believe the restrike capability makes the dak more like sa/da.

it gave me a headache trying to understand it. that's why i just shoot it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i'm not a dak expert but i believe the first pull is a very heavy sa. like 12 lbs ..don't quote me on that though.

that was the reasoning behind no safety.

i always carry with a round chambered, the dak just made me a lot more disciplined.

*edit* just read through the links. just from me shooting the dak, i think the initial pull is higher than 8#s. at least it feels that way to me.
    My understanding of the DAK trigger is, the first pull, which is the long pull, is 6.5 lbs.
    The partial reset pull is 8 lbs.
    I guess I'll see when I get it.

WHAT I'm really curious about is if I can see what "agency" used it.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    My understanding of the DAK trigger is, the first pull, which is the long pull, is 6.5 lbs.
    The partial reset pull is 8 lbs.
    I guess I'll see when I get it.

WHAT I'm really curious about is if I can see what "agency" used it.
    i read somewhere they were issued to il state troopers for one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Last week, I put a new set of grips on my old P226. Instead of going with my standard Hogue checkered G10 in black, I decided at least one of my P226s needed some barbecue cred so I went with Hogue Kingwood grips. When I first got them, the smooth back strap had me thinking that I’d not like them at all but then I decided to move them to one of the 9mm P226s. I had a chance to shoot it for the first time today and really like the things. 9mm in a P226 has no real recoil anyway, so the smooth back strap is not an issue at all. Now, I’m thinkng that I need to have this pistol refinished to make a proper barbecue gun.

e800c094dc139432ea7618af8e683efe.jpg

Top Bottom