• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    That’s kinda what I was thinking. 249 on the slide, barrel was around 179 and around 39 for the recoil spring. The only advantage I’d have with this route is night sights which I can take or leave.
    and $300 for the fcu with the srt. there's a company (forget their name atm) that makes unbranded sig night sights for about half the price of sig

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    More sig = better for sure.. P365 got me back in to Sigs then aP229 Legion followed it home and then recently the M17
    my bad. i didn't know you were already in the grip of the signess. i try to convert as many people as possible.

i was about to grab a p320 in .45 when i got my 2nd p229.

guns.c om keeps sending me emails for a p320 for $600. i might grab it if it's still there next week.

smack might be a cheaper high

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well I actually found a sig I didn’t like!, I was at a shop today and they had a legion 229 sao, the trigger had a little too much creep for me, but that was fixable, what wasn’t fixable was the slide release!, with the safety down, my thumb couldn’t contact the slide stop! So, as much as I want to like and buy a legion 229 sao, I just can’t!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well I actually found a sig I didn’t like!, I was at a shop today and they had a legion 229 sao, the trigger had a little too much creep for me, but that was fixable, what wasn’t fixable was the slide release!, with the safety down, my thumb couldn’t contact the slide stop! So, as much as I want to like and buy a legion 229 sao, I just can’t!
    I am struggling a bit with the slide release on my new to me p226 legion sao. The safety is pretty large and long, and is right up by the slide release which is standard size.
    I’m training reloads around the release by pulling back the slide, which is faster for me anyway but it seems like I revert to using the release during administrative stuff. And every time I reach up to work the release it does feel strange to be kind of blocked by the safety somehow.
    I like it well enough I will train around it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m not sure that I understand Sigs rationale for the small slide catch on the Legions. I’ve never had an issue with the standard slide catch and the small catch makes single hand ops a bit more difficult. I tend to slingshot the slide anyway but it’s always struck me as an odd “upgrade”.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’m not sure that I understand Sigs rationale for the small slide catch on the Legions. I’ve never had an issue with the standard slide catch and the small catch makes single hand ops a bit more difficult. I tend to slingshot the slide anyway but it’s always struck me as an odd “upgrade”.
    I did not know the slide catch was smaller, I wonder why. It explains a lot though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    f28e07dad02e3a56d15c85e32cf56c22.jpg

You can see the difference in the two in the pic of the P226s

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have seen people whining and bitching on the Sig group over the years. They think it is Sig's fault that they can't help pushing down on that when they are shooting. It is almost has bad as the 1911 forum. Everything someone does wrong must be a manufacturing or design problem.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I found a used P229 .40SW for $459.99 and it's on the way.
    I ALSO have an OEM Sig barrel in .357 Sig coming too.
    Have never had a DAK trigger, but am looking forward to trying it.

(1) Sig Sauer P229 DAK w/ Sig Night Sights {.40cal)
    (3) Sig Sauer P229 12rd. Magazines
    (1) Sig Sauer Hard Case
    pix207931835.jpg

Top Bottom