Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The press has determined that it's role is to be the final arbiter of cool. It began to transform when reporters were allowed to use adjectives and adverbs. Prior to that point, an adjective in a story required an editor's authorizatiion. Gradually, facts became less important as the public really enjoyed an epic fairy tale or character assassination.

Word.

I remember back when the press had higher standards and limited its reporting to facts substantiated by at least 2 credible sources, and which answer the 5 W's and an H. Hell, they can't even follow the simplest rules grammar.

But this is what happens when activists become journalists. And they report "facts" which support their bias, without caring about sources or credibility.

White House says Trump comments disqualify him from presidency

Now it's an article. This is such a non-story. "White House press people say Trump shouldn't be president. Breaking."

Yeah, it's a story. I don't know if it's "breaking" worthy, but it is an important precedent. I've witnessed 13 presidential campaigns and I don't recall any administrations publicly declaring specific opposing primary candidates unfit for the Presidency. They'll probably pitch a ***** when the next Republican POTUS does it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Know what sucks? Media is forcing Trump on the voters. It has been since he started running. Keeps him afloat.

CVu883YUwAAoV5p.jpg:large

CVu5106VEAAN_Nd.jpg:large

CVu0Iy5UEAAL7ML.jpg:large

CVu2x7dUsAAJULB.jpg:large

CVu6_C4UYAAAG3X.jpg:large

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Know what sucks? Media is forcing Trump on the voters. It has been since he started running. Keeps him afloat.
    I don't think it's that purposeful. It's a lot like panic buying. The media is afraid not to focus on Trump because they know their competitors will. And there's a reason for that; Trump is a bit of a specticle. Just look at the republican debates setting records for viewership by a lot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump: "A new poll indicates that 68% of my supporters would vote for me if I departed the GOP & ran as an independent. "

Hello President Hillary.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/674317248803307520

Also, regarding the White House "disqualifying" Trump

Mister Metokur said:
    If the White House, Obama, or any officiating body goes beyond rhetoric with this they are courting civil war. Barring a candidate from running because they dislike his free speech goes beyond the pale. It sets up a system where the party in power can forever secure their dominance by disqualifying popular opponents. Americans will not bend a knee to oligarchs just like we refused to bend it to a king.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    GP I'm sorry to say I don't see Rubio getting it done, either. I don't care enough and am to lazy to look it up but Trumps support among likely Republican voters is 30% or so, no. So assuming you can extrapolate that to the electorate as a whole if you eliminate Trump you risk alienating about 15% of ALL voters. That's way more than enough to swing an election. If you're going to keep calling for everyone to get behind someone that's 'electable' you need to admit that it's looking more and more like he IS electable. A sizeable fraction of voters want something DIFFERENT from same old same old. They want someone to come in and really shake things up. They are willing to roll the dice because they literally feel they haven't much to lose. They may be wrong about that, but not at least admitting the possibility of YOU getting behind Trump if he's the nominee doesn't lend veracity to your cause. I REALLY don't like or trust Rubio - too pastel, as jamil I believe said too democrat-lite - but I have pledged to get behind him if he is the nominee. But what I see is a wish on your part to short circuit the nominating process to eliminate the possibility Trump will be the nominee. Why not let the people decide and then get on board with that decision - let the best (or at least most popular) man win then deal with the results. I'd prefer Cruz or Paul to Trump but I get the feeling that ain't gonna happen. I just feel its a bit disingenuous to exhort me to get behind Rubio without at least considering the obverse

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't think it's that purposeful. It's a lot like panic buying. The media is afraid not to focus on Trump because they know their competitors will. And there's a reason for that; Trump is a bit of a specticle. Just look at the republican debates setting records for viewership by a lot.

People like reality TV more than politics.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    GP I'm sorry to say I don't see Rubio getting it done, either. I don't care enough and am to lazy to look it up but Trumps support among likely Republican voters is 30% or so, no. So assuming you can extrapolate that to the electorate as a whole if you eliminate Trump you risk alienating about 15% of ALL voters. That's way more than enough to swing an election. If you're going to keep calling for everyone to get behind someone that's 'electable' you need to admit that it's looking more and more like he IS electable. A sizeable fraction of voters want something DIFFERENT from same old same old. They want someone to come in and really shake things up. They are willing to roll the dice because they literally feel they haven't much to lose. They may be wrong about that, but not at least admitting the possibility of YOU getting behind Trump if he's the nominee doesn't lend veracity to your cause. I REALLY don't like or trust Rubio - too pastel, as jamil I believe said too democrat-lite - but I have pledged to get behind him if he is the nominee. But what I see is a wish on your part to short circuit the nominating process to eliminate the possibility Trump will be the nominee. Why not let the people decide and then get on board with that decision - let the best (or at least most popular) man win then deal with the results. I'd prefer Cruz or Paul to Trump but I get the feeling that ain't gonna happen. I just feel its a bit disingenuous to exhort me to get behind Rubio without at least considering the obverse

Short answer: I don't want a liberal in office, let alone a liberal that I believe would do lasting damage to the party.

Trump has no conservative plans. He has words (I will kill ISIS, I will ban Muslims, We gotta get Bill Gates to shut down their Internet)... but when asked "How?" on anything, he has no specifics. That's not how governing the country works. That sounds like Obama. "We will stop ISIS!" How? .... How?

His history on firearms is sketchy at-best, and he's only turned it around lately for votes. He has a long history wining and dining with leading Democrats. He is a Democrat.

The only admirable thing about him is he rarely takes **** from the media. He doesn't give a damn what they say, and that's what I'd like a good, Conservative candidate to have. However, that doesn't stop him from mocking free speech.

I lean the Constitutional route. A Rubio, a Cruz, a Paul... while all three have their problems... all three would be better Conservatives than Trump.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Trump is playing the media line a virtuoso violinist. He's not my guy. But right now, he owns the media, and they do not know what to do about it. Gotta admire that.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Trump is playing the media line a virtuoso violinist. He's not my guy. But right now, he owns the media, and they do not know what to do about it. Gotta admire that.

Maybe in the same way you have to admire the Kardashians for getting ratings. Not in any serious way.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

This right here ^^^.

No idea what will become of Trump's future inb politics, but immigration is a huge issue that we wouldn't be talking about if it wasn't for him. Now added to that is the Muslim/terrorist angle that (oh my) :eek: we couldn't dare talk about without the Donald opening that up for conversation.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Godwin's law at it's peak. Brother-in-law posted this from faceyspace:

11061677_1017191648373889_2415498445504622287_n.png

Needless to say he's a raving lberal with NO common sense. And he lives in jersey.

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    anti-Muslim fascist
    Cite please.

uses racism to rise to power
    Wait, so he's elected already?

proposes mass deportations
    Yes, of illegals - whose first act in the U.S. is to flout its immigration laws.

thinks Muslims should wear special IDs
    Cite please.

promises to make America great again
    Well, the slogan is Make America Great Again, in which the verb is second-person imperative. I believe the implied you is someone other than Trump, but hey.

blames Muslims for America's problems
    All of America's problems, or just the violent acts of terrorism?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom