Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Brk: Donald Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States

Plus side: It'll be nice to find out which "conservatives" think it's a super cool idea to have a religious litmus test for immigrants.

Or:

1) Reince denounces
    2) Trump cries "RNC being unfair to me, Chairman is biased.
    3) Trump goes independent.
    4) HRC, 45th POTUS

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Replace "Muslim" with "Jew", and a lot of things sound straight out of Nazi propaganda.

Gives you greater respect for how some past, seemingly average, peoples can allow themselves to devolve into things no one ever wants to be. We obviously aren't there yet but if things get worse you can see the path it might begin to lead us down.

And of course the greatest Irony is that we're destroying our own freedoms and principles to fight an a far overblown threat. Muslin extremists might be winning but it's not because they hold X town in Iraq or kill a dozen people in a terrorist attack.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you really want to go the WWII/Nazi route, after 7 Dec 1941 we were at war with Japan and the other Axis powers pretty quickly also declared war upon us. Did we take in very many German, Italian or Japanese immigrants subsequent to that point? Was that not a Nationality test for immigrants? For extra credit, was it a bad idea?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe this'll kill off the last of his supporters here

Trump Says Gun Nuts and People With Lots of Ammo Should Be Investigated

Or maybe how he talked about “closing the Internet in some way,” explicitly dismissing concerns about freedom of speech.

'We Have to Talk to Them, Maybe in Certain Areas, Closing that Internet Up in Some Way.' | National Review Online

Or, of course, the 100% Muslim ban.

Donald Trump: Ban all Muslim travel to U.S. - CNNPolitics.com

It's an issue of priority. To some the positives of the muslim ban may outweigh the negatives of the gun nut ban.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did you actually listen to the clip?

I didn't have the chance to listen to the clips earlier, but I just did. Unless he said something else that wasn't included, I don't see how their statement about what he said matches up all that well with what he actually said. He didn't use the term "gun nuts", he didn't suggest that people with lots of ammo should be investigated.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If you really want to go the WWII/Nazi route, after 7 Dec 1941 we were at war with Japan and the other Axis powers pretty quickly also declared war upon us. Did we take in very many German, Italian or Japanese immigrants subsequent to that point? Was that not a Nationality test for immigrants? For extra credit, was it a bad idea?

You're right, we handled it very well. If they're white, meh let them be, if they're dark skinned, let's get them all into a camp...
    We're at war with an idea, which anyone can have, not a particular country or its citizens.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't have the chance to listen to the clips earlier, but I just did. Unless he said something else that wasn't included, I don't see how their statement about what he said matches up all that well with what he actually said. He didn't use the term "gun nuts", he didn't suggest that people with lots of ammo should be investigated.

Yeah, those clips don't go with he claim at all. Someone keeps making up stuff it seems like.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, those clips don't go with he claim at all. Someone keeps making up stuff it seems like.

I'm not a big fan of Trump. I think he's kind of a blowhard. And I don't trust him if he gets to move into the White House. But c'mon. People need to stop saying he's saying stuff he's not saying. He says enough crazy **** on his own. And none of it seams to hurt him anyway. Lying about what he says certainly hasn't hurt him. And they can say what they want, as much as I'd hate to be limited to such a bad choice, I'd still vote for Trump over Hilary.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm not a big fan of Trump. I think he's kind of a blowhard. And I don't trust him if he gets to move into the White House. But c'mon. People need to stop saying he's saying stuff he's not saying. He says enough crazy **** on his own. And none of it seams to hurt him anyway. Lying about what he says certainly hasn't hurt him. And they can say what they want, as much as I'd hate to be limited to such a bad choice, I'd still vote for Trump over Hilary.
    That is kind of where I am at. There are still a couple people running that I would prefer (all three of them that have dropped out would have been above him for me). When you see time after time that the story is a best a stretch and more often a flat out mischaracterization, it makes you disregard everything said. I think it just more deeply entrenches his followers. They keep thinking that the MSM and the establishment wing of the party are that afraid of him getting in that they will do and say anything.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The press has determined that it's role is to be the final arbiter of cool. It began to transform when reporters were allowed to use adjectives and adverbs. Prior to that point, an adjective in a story required an editor's authorizatiion. Gradually, facts became less important as the public really enjoyed an epic fairy tale or character assassination.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom