• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    I've been reconsidering some of the Republican canadates that I had dissmissed as not being qualified, especally the ones the Republican establishment seems to favor. After all, they gave us fine electable canadates before like Romney and what's his name that ran in 08. Bush is a recognizable name as President maybe he is electable, so I thought I'd check out his web site. http://Jebbush.com
    (insert purple where necessary)

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Refresh please.
    What's the issue again?

And didn't our borders shut down (what there is anyway) and all air traffic stop when 9/11 hit as a precaution? I don't recall all the whining back then.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Refresh please.
    What's the issue again?

And didn't our borders shut down (what there is anyway) and all air traffic stop when 9/11 hit as a precaution? I don't recall all the whining back then.

I think the latest kerfuffle was Cruz said some stuff about his competitors, including Trump, in a closed door donor meeting. I'm shocked that a candidate for president would puff up his own attributes while disparaging the attributes of his competitors. I mean, that's just ****ing un'murican.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Refresh please.
    What's the issue again?

I plead being 10 years old. I also think that was only for a few days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Cruz almost single handedly revived the conservative right, & that's why it looks so bad that he's sucking up to big goverment liberal Trump

Eh, it's a strategy. One pundit said it this way, Cruz's strategy is to sort of draft behind Trump, waiting for Trump to fall in the polls and hopefully pick up his supporters or, others to drop out and pick up theirs. It's odd how they both seem to avoid really going after each other. Maybe they'd like to but are afraid of alienating the others' supporters. I kinda thought Trump would pounce on Cruz after what Cruz said in the meeting was revealed. Probably is why Cruz nuzzled up to Trump, to head off an all out assault.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Eh, it's a strategy. One pundit said it this way, Cruz's strategy is to sort of draft behind Trump, waiting for Trump to fall in the polls and hopefully pick up his supporters or, others to drop out and pick up theirs. It's odd how they both seem to avoid really going after each other. Maybe they'd like to but are afraid of alienating the others' supporters. I kinda thought Trump would pounce on Cruz after what Cruz said in the meeting was revealed. Probably is why Cruz nuzzled up to Trump, to head off an all out assault.

I agree. Cruz is trying to be Trump-lite. He's sort of following in Trump's footsteps when it comes to handling the media.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree. Cruz is trying to be Trump-lite. He's sort of following in Trump's footsteps when it comes to handling the media.

Problem for Cruz is, Trump is an alpha type and kinda pulls off the attitude towards the press, "I don't care about what you think of me, I own you." Cruz can't do that without looking kinda silly so he does his own shtick, which is more of an intellectual kind of attack.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

LOVE the analogy, esp. if we are talking the type of drafting in bicycle racing. Moving the analogy to that terrain, Trump is a sprinter and Cruz hopes ​he's a GC guy.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    So far it looks like there are many folks that just want Trump and nobody else. I would not put it past him to run as an independent if he doesn't get the nod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom