Best entry level budget competition pistol?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Has anyone shot in competition with a Hi-Point that someone on INGO has seen?
    Here you go. Does the gun make a difference?

In this video a collector completes against Lena Miculek on a dueling tree. Lena gets a lower quality gun each time she beats him. Ends up with a Hi Point @ 7:25.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here you go. Does the gun make a difference?

In this video a collector completes against Lena Muculek on a dueling tree. Lena gets a lower quality gun each time she beats him. Ends up with a Hi Point @ 7:25.

Not talking about the gun being different, I'm asking if any INGO members has actually seen a Hi-Point in competition.
    I would find it interesting and would like to know how people did with them in real competition. If in fact someone has, that an INGO member has seen or used personally.
    I'll watch the video later. Thank you for posting it.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Not talking about the gun being different, I'm asking if any INGO members has actually seen a Hi-Point in competition.
    I would find it interesting and would like to know how people did with them in real competition. If in fact someone has, that an INGO member has seen or used personally.
    I'll watch the video later. Thank you for posting it.
    Yes a few years back I was working/ROing at the SNS 400 match(USPSA) a level 2 match with competitors from probably a dozen states and Canada. A competitor came through shooting a High Point open gun with a compensator and red dot on it.
    High Point was supposedly trying to get into the competition market.
    The gun did OK on the stage I was working and he said he hadn't had any problems in the match so far.
    Biggest problem was it is a single stack that only holds a limited number of rounds going against a Hi Cap open gun holding 29 to 30 rounds. I don't recall what caliber it was or if it was shooting Major or Minor.
    IIRC some one was actually making and selling Hi Point open guns for a while.

Top Bottom