Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the new rule. And that letter is perfect!

More like how I see this personally. Dependent on responses action will be taken accordingly.
    The Mod staff is generally very understanding with the new members. We want them to enjoy the site for what it is and has to offer.
    Based on some of the PM's I received over the last few weeks it has some what hardened my armor.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Looks very familiar to me. :)

The theme from cops just ran threw my mind. Lol. You are getting the hang of things around here. Keep up the good work.

More like how I see this personally. Dependent on responses action will be taken accordingly.
    The Mod staff is generally very understanding with the new members. We want them to enjoy the site for what it is and has to offer.
    Based on some of the PM's I received over the last few weeks it has some what hardened my armor.

I can only imagine. It might be time to update the letters to the admin thread?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had to follow the link back to your post - wanted to make sure you're still here. :)

I missed the whole Clinton dust up - the must have went rapid fire.

Old Clinton just went nuts in classic runner form. You couldn't hardly do a better job of making a bad first impression.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I am reminded of this flame out from days gone by...

[FONT=&amp] INGO mod spaz[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&amp]To quote this mod (my bold italics):

"This is a friendly reminder that racial slurs are not allowed here. Whether you agree with one's lifestyle, religion, nationality, etc is your opinion and that's fine but you can't use terms on here that aren't politically correct."

"politically correct" means 'as the libtards attempt to control the discussion and blow off the 1st Amendment'

You're attempted admonishment (summarily rejected with prejudical laughter) IS liberalism, bias, subversion and the aforementioned hijacking of free speech.

You may NOT foist your political bias, or hypersensivity to said platform under your role as a moderator. You may NOT define for us what is "correct" or not in any way, do you understand? Your admin login at this site is perfunctory and does NOT allow you to modify or coerce political speech.

That said, your oblivious "racial slur" claim is false; To wit:

Just as with the term "*****" the term "*****" refers not to a race, you friggin' myopic, lexicon-deficient, shallow-minded, unread, uninformed, reflection-lacking jackwagon... but refers instead to a chosen behavior.

In the case of a "*****" it is someone who swims the Rio Grande, thus - the colloquialism being - avoiding a border checkpoint. Think, you molasses-headed soup sandwich... it is a pejorative reference to an illegal alien (gonna flag me for 'illegal alien' too, Hitler?) which fits just as much on a white-, Asian-, African- or any other non-Spanish/Mayan type of Mexican who choose to make such a swim.

YOUR interpretation? YOUR preferred context? Can you spell N_A_R_C_I_S_S_I_S_T? Dip****. **** you, you're not God. Read the 1st Amendment.

The term "*****" refers to anyone who dons Muslim garb with the intent of acting or speaking in a fundamentalist-wacko fashion. Ever heard of John Walker Lindh? *****. A caucasian piece of feces anti-Semetic traitor who should have been executed (and hopefully will end up like Jeffert Dahmer). Are you REALLY that short-sighted or just a flaming libtard posing as a neutral moderator?

Pull your head out of your ass. Behaviors and lifestyle choices are NOT akin to race or gender (XX/XY).

Your "warning" is rejected. You are incorrect. Do your homework and STFU until your lucidity meter reaches at least 15%.

****tard.

Pleas, ban me - it will prove this site is just a haven for libtard hate and suppression.[/FONT]

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington

I could send you a different reply to my post deletion if you feel your armor is sub par. Anything to help. I'm not sure how the message was delivered to others but CM broke the new very nicely and I replied and the world is still spinning. I appreciate all the work you guys put into INGO. How do you guys spot runners? Is there some secret tab I'm missing?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I could send you a different reply to my post deletion if you feel your armor is sub par. Anything to help. I'm not sure how the message was delivered to others but CM broke the new very nicely and I replied and the world is still spinning. I appreciate all the work you guys put into INGO. How do you guys spot runners? Is there some secret tab I'm missing?

Oneliners.

:rockwoot:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Perma as of 30 minutes ago.

Full disclosure.....We chased him for 2 days and he continued to ignore all warnings/info etc. Then slaps the forum.
    Just as a matter of record this will not be the standard in future.
    1 attempt to get things on track and then action will be taken.

This is always sent in my 1st contact in these matters.......If you can not understand this............................:dunno:
    We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

Fascist.

[video=youtube;pbWbwD2nQvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbWbwD2nQvg[/video]

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    How do you guys spot runners? Is there some secret tab I'm missing?

It isn't that hard actually. First there are two basic flavor of runners:
    1. Someone new spots a shiny object in the classifieds.
    2. Some who has been around for a while and has few posts spots a shiny object in the classifieds.
    In both cases, they:
    • Immediately start creating short/junk posts with no real aim of participating in discussions. They usually (but not always) post one comment per thread and don't interact with others.
    • Do not meet the quality requirements.
    • Do not care that hundreds of others will have to waste time filtering past their clutter.
    • When you click "New Posts", you will see that 10 of the last 20 responses were all by the same newbie. Some of us primarily read INGO by clicking "New Posts" to see what is going on and this situation really sticks out.
    If we don't recognize the user, we'll click on their member page and confirm if they are new. If it is obvious that they are runners, we'll either try to directly warn them or head over to the "50 posts" thread to notify others.

SwingW/theWing

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2015
    Bloomington
    It isn't that hard actually. First there are two basic flavor of runners:
    1. Someone new spots a shiny object in the classifieds.
    2. Some who has been around for a while and has few posts spots a shiny object in the classifieds.

In both cases, they:
    • Immediately start creating short/junk posts with no real aim of participating in discussions. They usually (but not always) post one comment per thread and don't interact with others.
    • Do not meet the quality requirements.
    • Do not care they hundreds of others will have to waste time filtering past their clutter.
    • When you click "New Posts", you will see that 10 of the last 20 responses were all by the same newbie.

lol! I'm walking away with "pay attention" and "it's not that hard".

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    How do you guys spot runners? Is there some secret tab I'm missing?

Look for multiple one line or one word comments from someone that has less then 50 post.

I have one just like it, That's cool, I want one too, Nice!. Just to name a few.

On the to left of your browserwindow you will see "What's new" just below that is a tab "New posts" Scroll threw them and you wiill see them as they happen. Starting Thursday (day before payday) threw Sunday seem to be prime time. Tax season usually means open season, Then there is election time.....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The point is that it is a very consistent pattern. It's really funny when they deny it.

Few who aren't interested in buying from the classifieds join and start posting like mad. They usually ease into it. It is even more unbelievable that they will post everywhere hardly interacting with others. It is no harder to spot than the three year old with crumbs on their face denying they ate the cookie.

One of the very few who went on a legitimate posting spree was mom45. She had a problem neighbor, posted about it and had a very active conversation with the rest of INGO about how to handle it. It was obvious she wanted to solve a problem and she ended up getting to 50 in a day or two.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom