• Status
    Not open for further replies.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    How "old style?" Does your breaker have on/off switches on it, or does it have fuses you manually switch out when one blows?

BTW, I'm not an electrician, but I've had to switch out my breaker and meter boxes in the last month with the help of my electrician uncle and asked him about every question under the sun while doing it, so I wouldn't need anyone's help next time it happens.

This is about 8 years old. It's a regular breaker box, not fuse box.
    Jclark - This isn't a DIY store, it's a real actual HARDWARE store, and this guy owns it. He knows his stuff.

Here's what I'm doing. I don't have any free spaces in the box for more breakers. But I want to put another 240 circuit in. I can:
    1) Buy 2 of the 1/2 size breakers to free up 2 full slots for a 240 breaker
    Cost $17 x 2 for the 1/2 size and about $12 for the 30A 240V.
    2) But 1 "dual 240V" breaker, allows for 2 240V circuits off the same 2 slots. (Looks like (4) 1/2 size breakers with a metal piece that connects the outside 2) $15 for 1.

My question is, can I pull that clip out of the "new" breaker and put it in my "old" box?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think it's what they say I'm supposed to be working for but I have yet to see any of it (at least not before the wife gets ahold of it......damn direct deposit)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Damn, this place is hoppin tonight. :dunno: Assassin's Creed is AWESOME so far. I can't wait to make it through the story line. I guess the second one is even more awesome. :D

:laugh: Watched someone sell a $400 SKS tonight. Asked him to see pictures of a $400 SKS and he said it looked better than my RamCharger and my 2 free straw bales. :): Someone actually bought it too... Wow. :n00b:

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Damn, this place is hoppin tonight. :dunno: Assassin's Creed is AWESOME so far. I can't wait to make it through the story line. I guess the second one is even more awesome. :D

:laugh: Watched someone sell a $400 SKS tonight. Asked him to see pictures of a $400 SKS and he said it looked better than my RamCharger and my 2 free straw bales. :): Someone actually bought it too... Wow. :n00b:

And that right there is why there is such a thing as a $400 SKS..........because someone will buy it for that.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    And that right there is why there is such a thing as a $400 SKS..........because someone will buy it for that.

And that's what's sad. WHY would you pay double for a rifle? Especially an SKS? It just doesn't compute to me. My last one I bought at Bradis was 275. AND I had to talk them down on the price. I walked in the other day and they had two, one with 20rnd original fixed mag, bayo, scope, and sling: $430 All original but the scope and mount. The second one was all original, bone stock: 390-410. Can't remember I looked at a couple other rifles as well...

Still. $400 for an SKS? It better have a case of ammo coming with it.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just re-read all the posts on INGO for the last hour or so.........I'm sure you could find a page worth of things that "don't compute". Look at it this way.........if that idiot was willing to pay $400 for a $200 gun........just think of the profit you might be able to get from his cousin should you decide to sell something.

I look at my job the same way...........all the stupidity is nothing more than job security because these people ALWAYS breed, normally more so than average.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Here's what I'm doing. I don't have any free spaces in the box for more breakers. But I want to put another 240 circuit in. I can:
    1) Buy 2 of the 1/2 size breakers to free up 2 full slots for a 240 breaker
    Cost $17 x 2 for the 1/2 size and about $12 for the 30A 240V.
    2) But 1 "dual 240V" breaker, allows for 2 240V circuits off the same 2 slots. (Looks like (4) 1/2 size breakers with a metal piece that connects the outside 2) $15 for 1.

You are asking ?'s that are over my head, but it seems like if you put multiple 240s on the same breaker you are asking for an overload every time you use your dryer/stove/AC/heater/etc at the same time if they are on the same circuit.

My question is, can I pull that clip out of the "new" breaker and put it in my "old" box?

That's a question that you need to ask the hardware store owner that knows his "stuff."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom