• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    No, it doesn't depend. Saying someone can't vote for a candidate because of A, B, and C isn't the same as saying you can't vote for the other candidate because they are also guilty of A.

I agree with you that Trump is a bully and a jerk. I would submit that in that department Biden is not much different. So that's a wash. That's "A" I get it.

Biden's pretty clearly a kleptocrat. His corruption with the Ukraine thing is apparent to anyone looking at it even-handedly. I'm not sure I'd say that Trump rises (or rather sinks) to that level.

Biden's made his 2A position pretty clear - he intends to take it away. Trump has been pretty solidly in the 2A corner

So what are "B" and "C" for you that make Trump so intolerable that you would prefer to be disarmed? Or do you not believe that Biden means what he says?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, it doesn't depend. Saying someone can't vote for a candidate because of A, B, and C isn't the same as saying you can't vote for the other candidate because they are also guilty of A.

Kinda proving my point. If you have an A, B, and C, do you think you're the only one? As I said, it's not as simple as you originally put it when you complained about what people say with a straight face.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with you that Trump is a bully and a jerk. I would submit that in that department Biden is not much different. So that's a wash. That's "A" I get it.

Biden's pretty clearly a kleptocrat. His corruption with the Ukraine thing is apparent to anyone looking at it even-handedly. I'm not sure I'd say that Trump rises (or rather sinks) to that level.

Biden's made his 2A position pretty clear - he intends to take it away. Trump has been pretty solidly in the 2A corner

So what are "B" and "C" for you that make Trump so intolerable that you would prefer to be disarmed? Or do you not believe that Biden means what he says?

Orange man bad.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

They're either accelerationists who are hungry for this country to hurry up and burn to the ground, or they're just plainly ignorant.
    Or if I want to be civil to such types, I can simply acknowledge it's just a mental condition they're facing and unable to overcome due to not getting the candidate they wanted in the election.

No reason to even attempt to argue with people in either of those camps, it's just wasted time.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    ...Trump has been pretty solidly in the 2A corner...

Is he really?
    [FONT=&quot]"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
    [/FONT]

Make no mistake, I am not a fan of Biden, but Trump is not "solidly in the 2A corner."
    (It is good that he has a carry permit though, because he shoots from the hip a lot.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Biden isn't "much different" that Trump? You believe their respective bullying and jerkiness is on par. I'd challenge you to make a comparison to see how true that actually is.

Biden is a kleptocrat? If you're using the Ukrainian instance as proof, then I think you'll have difficulty proving that point... also, I think, per the definition of the word, you could easily find examples of what some may consider kleptocracy on the part of the current president.

I will not argue Biden's position on the 2A, but I think saying Trump is "pretty solidly" with us concerning the 2A... yeah, I'm gonna disagree.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is he really?
    [FONT=&amp]"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
    [/FONT]

Make no mistake, I am not a fan of Biden, but Trump is not "solidly in the 2A corner."
    (It is good that he has a carry permit though, because he shoots from the hip a lot.)

Beat me to it

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They're either accelerationists who are hungry for this country to hurry up and burn to the ground, or they're just plainly ignorant.
    Or if I want to be civil to such types, I can simply acknowledge it's just a mental condition they're facing and unable to overcome due to not getting the candidate they wanted in the election.

No reason to even attempt to argue with people in either of those camps, it's just wasted time.

That's good. I can think of no better outcome than for you to simply ignore those that disagree with your assessment.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How exactly did "average voters" transform into "politician's kids" and "own voters?" Didn't this conversation start out about Biden insulting some rando who pretty obviously was neither some "politician's kid" or one of Biden's "own voters?" Hey fine, you can place people on scales in determining whether or not you agree with them being insulted. That doesn't offend my sensibilities at all, you're human.

Kind of like=analogy...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is he really?
    [FONT=&amp]"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
    [/FONT]

Yeah, bump stocks vs Virginia legislature type gun 'control'. Have to think about that - for, like, a femtosecond

But by all means, let's dither about how we wish our choices were perfect, rather than stark

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am taking notes for the GOL (Great Orange Leader) once we get this country turned into a cult all will be good!

Unfortunately some INGO members will have to be part of a re-education program to increase literacy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Come on, Brad! You know the score with the voters

~50% saintly Democratic voters only worried about the poor, the downtrodden and the direction of the country

~49% rubes who like what Trump is doing

~1% who are better than that

It will be a battle for the soul of the nation, but when you see it on TV it will look more like WWE wrestling

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Right! Having a "discussion" with closed minds is non-productive, they just keep making the same noises over and over.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    If we all could just merge into a one party system peace and prosperity would bloom like Easter flowers in March!

How many hungry people could have been fed with Bloomberg’s campaign money?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bloomberg's money isn't like shooting spent uranium projectiles into the hillsides of camel country.

It went into the US economy and many people benefitted from the expenditures. Probably thousands.

Had he kept it on Wall St, very few snouts would be in the trough.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.”

― John Kenneth Galbraith

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Bloomberg’s money didn’t help the poor!
    He should have bought new shoes for children with it!

We need you in the new America party Alpo your wisdom will benefit the people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom