Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’m still waiting to hear why you made such a big deal of it when trump did it, but support Biden? Is that not hypocrisy? Is it because Biden is “your side”?

Outwardly, yes, I would say it looks to be hypocritical. But inwardly people are naturally tribal. So it’s not really hypocrisy in the same way as someone pretending to hold views they don’t actually hold. Just like it’s not hypocrisy for you to be okay with trump berating reporters but you’re willing to condemn Biden for cussing out a fellow 2A supporter. You are on different sides and neither if you really see both events as the same thing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Politicians gonna polit...ish.

At least now people seem to be recognizing that Trump's a politician after all.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Outwardly, yes, I would say it looks to be hypocritical. But inwardly people are naturally tribal. So it’s not really hypocrisy in the same way as someone pretending to hold views they don’t actually hold. Just like it’s not hypocrisy for you to be okay with trump berating reporters but you’re willing to condemn Biden for cussing out a fellow 2A supporter. You are on different sides and neither if you really see both events as the same thing.

This is so true. My favorite example the left accuses religious conservatives of.

First many religious conservatives believe man is a sinner saved by grace though still imperfect. They then subscribe to a list of standards they believe to be sin. When they grow weak and do sin they are called hypocrite by the left, that is not a hypocrite, a person with high standards failing to achieve their standards is not a hypocrite.

And the left having few standards is better than having and occasionally failing high standards?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Meh. Reporters are different than a regular voter. I see what you’re saying, but I think cursing at a regular joe asking about your policies is a bit different than berating a reporter who constantly reports fake news to smear your name.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Politicians gonna polit...ish.

At least now people seem to be recognizing that Trump's a politician after all.

It’s OJT, but he’s picking it up slowly. He’s still not very good at it. He keeps admitting the reason hid did something was for the politics. A good politician would never openly admit that he wanted exposed people on a cruise ship to stay on board to keep his numbers from looking worse. A good politician would have spun it better. “For the Safety of all involved...”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I’m still waiting to hear why you made such a big deal of it when trump did it, but support Biden? Is that not hypocrisy? Is it because Biden is “your side”?

I have not weighed in on whether I believed what Biden did was right or wrong; you made that assumption. So, if you're asking. I think that Biden should be above such things, and I think less of him for his behavior.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh. Reporters are different than a regular voter. I see what you’re saying, but I think cursing at a regular joe asking about your policies is a bit different than berating a reporter who constantly reports fake news to smear your name.
    It IS different. That’s why it’s not hypocrisy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Reporters are hardly the only people Trump insults. Hell, he so free with throwing out insults he even insulted one of his own supporters (whom I assume is an "average voter") because he thought he was a protester.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have not weighed in on whether I believed what Biden did was right or wrong; you made that assumption. So, if you're asking. I think that Biden should be above such things, and I think less of him for his behavior.
    I doubt you would have been so quiet if it were trump. So if you’re willing to vote for Biden after doing such things, why have you been telling us how bad it is to support trump when he does it? I guess I’m not understanding why you’ve been so critical of trump and his supporters, but someone on the left does the same thing and suddenly you’re willing to vote for him?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The Heretical speak referring to the great leader is being noted!

”Ol Joe” is going to have a breakdown at some point and start saying he was the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll.
    Once the great leader is re-elected peace and prosperity will await us (the ones who survive the pandemic).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At this point Biden can just say **** you and do no more debates until he has to debate Trump. He has nothing to gain and much to lose.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/joe-bidens-coming-disappearing-act_3268963.html

Joe Biden’s Coming Disappearing Act

From the almost-certain-to-be-final debate on until at least the Democratic convention in July, and most likely beyond, Biden will substantially disappear.

He will surface only intermittently and in controlled circumstances to avoid unfortunate incidents like this week’s profanity-laced confrontation with a factory worker over the Second Amendment or situations where he has to answer rapid-fire questions in general. (Most recently, Biden has accused Sanders of “joining” President Donald Trump. Go figure.)

Joe could well use the coronavirus as an excuse for his disappearance, so that he can hide from public view and scrutiny as much as possible.

The Democrats and the media will do their best to help with this. The last thing they want is to have the implosion of their candidate who is, to use a politically correct term, intellectually challenged. And they all know that’s a possibility.

Further, they don’t want Joe in a position where he has to answer questions about accusations of corruption in Ukraine and China, with or without his son, especially since the accusations have genuine substance.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sorta what happens when you have a **** on Biden rugby scrum.

And IngoMike ruined the real democrat thread. So, there's that......

The BP ramps up when the mocking is on the other foot? :laugh:

'You people' have flushed all the principled, high minded WBTT© blather you've been spewing right down the loo with your full-throated defense of a senile old man who lies as much as you accuse Trump of, but about much more consequential things, and has an undeniable decades long record of mediocrity and non-accomplishment

Everything that you argued was disqualifying about Trump is now being sold as some kind of advantage to an O'Biden candidacy. Talk about a grift! Trump had no record but given the opportunity, he stepped up. O'Biden has had 40+ years of opportunity and delivered ... not much

Wow! That choice is a hard one. Nancy, better call The Mad Men

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It’s not my interpretation. It’s the charitable interpretation. That is, the best interpretation without inferring unknown motives.

So do you seriously think Trump meant that he didn’t watch it because it’s painful to wat watch disabled people?

I’ll give you my own interpretation which does infer some motives. I think not many people watch the Paralympics. It’s not because they can’t bear it. It’s because most oeople aren’t that interested. If Trump watched it at all, it was probably because he knew he would have to speak at the ceremony eventually. And he did okay.

If you actually watched it, I don’t think you really believe he was mocking disabled people. That would be far beyond a reasonable interpretation.

But to be fair to Alpo, Trump is so unfiltered that the MSM gets away with positioning the story the way they do because it is possible to imagine Trump going there no matter how unlikely we believe it to be

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Because they're not 'better than that'? Because it's all an eminence front to cover for it just being what they want - no higher morality involved. Rationalization

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is so true. My favorite example the left accuses religious conservatives of.

First many religious conservatives believe man is a sinner saved by grace though still imperfect. They then subscribe to a list of standards they believe to be sin. When they grow weak and do sin they are called hypocrite by the left, that is not a hypocrite, a person with high standards failing to achieve their standards is not a hypocrite.

And the left having few standards is better than having and occasionally failing high standards?

Well, it sure makes it easier for them to believe they are without sin if 'if it feels good, do it' is their creed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom