• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think such bloc voting, which could be organized around various regions, should still be spread out in time to allow for the emergence of new information about a particular candidate and minimize buyer remorse

I agree. It would keep the candidates from traveling all over the USA. More chance for bus tours/trains. It would certainly give the regions more incentive to produce news locally as opposed to the national feeds.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Speaking of the "savior of the Democrats"

[video=youtube;hCyf9ENOLXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCyf9ENOLXQ[/video]

What a coinkidink that that THIS outlet is injecting doubt.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No Joe? The Iowa Caucus has a mixed history of predicting the eventual candidate, but could it make the Democrats ripe for Bloomberg to sweep in and "save" the Dems from these three unelectable (in their eyes) loons?

Nope. Bloomberg can't beat Trump. He's the only candidate if he gets the nod, that I wouldn't turnout for in the general. Amongst people I know, they have the same opinion. "Stop and Frisk" will nullify the Black vote. He owns that.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    vlOI6L5.png

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What ever happened to that old fashioned use of tree corpses?
    All this technology has *****fied this world into a bunch of useless boobs. What, was there a plan "B"?

I was next in line at my bank one time when the power went out during a storm.
    This was in a decent sized city in CA. Power was out as far as you could see. Everything came to a stop. The manager past out these bags to all the tellers that had all the older stuff they used to use. You know, paper, pens, ink stamps, card rollers, etc... The tellers were so confused and lost. They probably only saw this stuff for 2 minutes during training.

I stood there for a half hour before I got my first part done but I needed a bank check also. They pulled out this manual typewriter to type out checks on. I could have just left and come back later but I stayed because it was entertaining as hell. After a few attempts she finally typed out this check that looked like a six year old did. Everything was crooked and some of the letters didn't completely show up.

So even IF these Iowa dems had a back-up plan, there's no guarantee that anyone knew how to implement it. Especially if they're under 30.
    Don't they teach kids anything in school? When's the last time anyone here has even written a letter? You know, thick textured paper with matching envelopes? Nice legible cursive longhand writing?

Computers will be the death of us.... and not just from the Terminator Scenario.
    pyMJzva.gif

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Imagine being a Democrat voter right now, watching your own party as its fixing the election in front of your eyes.

What was that about the company behind the "app" being tied to Clinton?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    All this technology has *****fied this world into a bunch of useless boobs. What, was there a plan "B"?

I was next in line at my bank one time when the power went out during a storm.
    This was in a decent sized city in CA. Power was out as far as you could see. Everything came to a stop. The manager past out these bags to all the tellers that had all the older stuff they used to use. You know, paper, pens, ink stamps, card rollers, etc... The tellers were so confused and lost. They probably only saw this stuff for 2 minutes during training.

I stood there for a half hour before I got my first part done but I needed a bank check also. They pulled out this manual typewriter to type out checks on. I could have just left and come back later but I stayed because it was entertaining as hell. After a few attempts she finally typed out this check that looked like a six year old did. Everything was crooked and some of the letters didn't completely show up.

So even IF these Iowa dems had a back-up plan, there's no guarantee that anyone knew how to implement it. Especially if they're under 30.
    Don't they teach kids anything in school? When's the last time anyone here has even written a letter? You know, thick textured paper with matching envelopes? Nice legible cursive longhand writing?

Computers will be the death of us.... and not just from the Terminator Scenario.
    pyMJzva.gif

Not to derail the thread, but I have a relative that works at IU, and her office works with tons of student volunteers. When they use any of those volunteers to send out correspondence, one of the first things they do is have a quick training session on how to address and envelope and where to put the stamp.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Imagine being a Democrat voter right now, watching your own party as its fixing the election in front of your eyes.

What was that about the company behind the "app" being tied to Clinton?

You’re a bit broad with your assertion. This was IOWA’s show, not the Democrats on whole. IOWA has been reluctant to transition from a caucus to a primary, because as a caucus, they can have their voices heard before NH. I don’t know why any candidate would spend so much time and money in Iowa using that system. It seems so complicated AND time consuming, I can’t imagine that it’s an accurate reading of the voters wishes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So your assertion is that the national Democrat party has nothing to do with the Iowa Democrat party?

OK.

...and this was the party's show, not the state of Iowa, to be clear.

...and the caucus has run smoothly for a long, long time. It may be a goofy system, but these problems are not because it's a caucus and not a primary.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You’re a bit broad with your assertion. This was IOWA’s show, not the Democrats on whole. IOWA has been reluctant to transition from a caucus to a primary, because as a caucus, they can have their voices heard before NH. I don’t know why any candidate would spend so much time and money in Iowa using that system. It seems so complicated AND time consuming, I can’t imagine that it’s an accurate reading of the voters wishes.

The DNC knows Iowa has an impact on how things move forward. With Biden barely showing in Iowa... they can now push forward with him regardless, and make sure Bernie gets shafted.

Also, here's the app thing... I know it's conspiratorial, and this is a case where heavy conspiracy is actually harmful to our most cherished and important institution: free elections.

Just puts unease and discomfort in people's minds going forward.

App used in Iowa Democratic caucus fiasco linked to ex-Clinton campaign staffers

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Heck, by breakfast time every county could have driven the results by car to the capital and it could have been totaled by hand.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So your assertion is that the national Democrat party has nothing to do with the Iowa Democrat party?

OK.

...and this was the party's show, not the state of Iowa, to be clear.

...and the caucus has run smoothly for a long, long time. It may be a goofy system, but these problems are not because it's a caucus and not a primary.

I haven't heard that at all. I haven't checked, but the talking heads on TV say that this isn't the first time the Iowa system has had issues; but this is the biggest one they've ever had.
    The Democratic Party allows Iowa to hold a caucus. The Iowa Democrat party runs the show. I don't see how the Indiana Democratic party is able to be blamed for the failures of the Iowa Democrats Party. The idea that the national Democratic party helped Iowa in this debacle to rig the election, honestly, is ridiculous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom