Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I haven't heard that at all. I haven't checked, but the talking heads on TV say that this isn't the first time the Iowa system has had issues; but this is the biggest one they've ever had.
    The Democratic Party allows Iowa to hold a caucus. The Iowa Democrat party runs the show. I don't see how the Indiana Democratic party is able to be blamed for the failures of the Iowa Democrats Party. The idea that the national Democratic party helped Iowa in this debacle to rig the election, honestly, is ridiculous.

Ridiculous? I would go so far as to say... maybe not... but ridiculous is way too firm. History tells us it's not only possible, it's likely.

You DO remember 2016 right? That is EXACTLY what went down.
    The entire episode was exposed by the "russian" hacking you have carried on about for much of the last 4 years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The DNC knows Iowa has an impact on how things move forward. With Biden barely showing in Iowa... they can now push forward with him regardless, and make sure Bernie gets shafted.

Also, here's the app thing... I know it's conspiratorial, and this is a case where heavy conspiracy is actually harmful to our most cherished and important institution: free elections.

Just puts unease and discomfort in people's minds going forward.

App used in Iowa Democratic caucus fiasco linked to ex-Clinton campaign staffers

As long as you know it's conspiratorial, I can accept your opinion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ridiculous? I would go so far as to say... maybe not... but ridiculous is way too firm. History tells us it's not only possible, it's likely.

You DO remember 2016 right? That is EXACTLY what went down.
    The entire episode was exposed by the "russian" hacking you have carried on about for much of the last 4 years.

In Iowa?I'm looking now, and not seeing anything like that?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I haven't heard that at all. I haven't checked, but the talking heads on TV say that this isn't the first time the Iowa system has had issues; but this is the biggest one they've ever had.
    The Democratic Party allows Iowa to hold a caucus. The Iowa Democrat party runs the show. I don't see how the Indiana Democratic party is able to be blamed for the failures of the Iowa Democrats Party. The idea that the national Democratic party helped Iowa in this debacle to rig the election, honestly, is ridiculous.

The bottom line is it was run by democrats, state or national, no matter to the optics. Democrats failed to effectively run a highly anticipated, heavily scrutinized, critical to their candidates, caucus, they own it...

You certainly would post this to me if positions were reversed...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think it may just be poor software testing. This stuff should be pretty simple, but they may have simpletons managing the process.

The server was too close to the commode and someone peed on it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I never said "rigged" nor did I imply it.

This is the fault of the Democrats. Period. The incompetence should be manifest.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Supposedly the same app is on course to be used in the Nevada primary also?

Looks like the dems will have a whole lot to blame Trump's 2020 victory on?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Supposedly the same app is on course to be used in the Nevada primary also?

Looks like the dems will have a whole lot to blame Trump's 2020 victory on?

https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/1224752956605718530

Nevada State Democratic Party on their upcoming caucuses:

"We will not be employing the same app or vendor used in the Iowa caucus. We had already developed a series of backups and redundant reporting systems, and are currently evaluating the best path forward."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is their any dispute that the dem national party rigged the primaries in 2016 for hitlary?

Is anyone here not clear on what happened then?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    The caucus system has been used in Iowa for generations. Caucuses are not what failed here.

First the app failed. It has two primary functions: tally votes and report results and it failed at the latter. That is bad enough and there is no acceptable excuse for the failure.
    But why the second failure when stations tried to phone in results? This debacle was because of a poorly tested new technology followed by an unexplained failure of a many decades old system.

Meanwhile, the Republicans in Iowa handled high turnout effectively with paper ballots and a phone system.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The caucus system has been used in Iowa for generations. Caucuses are not what failed here.

First the app failed. It has two primary functions: tally votes and report results and it failed at the latter. That is bad enough and there is no acceptable excuse for the failure.
    But why the second failure when stations tried to phone in results? This debacle was because of a poorly tested new technology followed by an unexplained failure of a many decades old system.

Meanwhile, the Republicans in Iowa handled high turnout effectively with paper ballots and a phone system.

Strange Happenings!!
    Just like Epsteins jailhouse video system... It worked great up until it suddenly failed on that particular day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51375880

...However, the indeterminate result on the night has created skepticism of the caucus process and reignited questions over whether Iowa - a rural, white state not representative of the US electorate as a whole - should continue to be the place to hold the first primary contest.

Mr Trump dismissed the suggestion. "As long as I am President, Iowa will stay where it is. Important tradition!" he tweeted...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They should all be held on the same day. It's absurd that the primary season is drawn out over several months. Often the race is all but over shortly after super tuesday.

And why should podunk NH, or Iowa for that matter, have such a disproportionate say in who gets to face off for the real election?

:yesway:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It’s funny to see some defending this **** show, knowing if this had been the other party it would somehow imply rigging or Russian interference.

HS87 thinks inconsistency is the best consistency.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

First the app failed. It has three primary functions: tally votes, report results or Delete the votes if they were not what the DNC wanted, it succeeded at the latter. That is bad enough and there is no acceptable excuse for the failure.

FTFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom