Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Shadow Inc. investors ACRONYM and Higher Ground Labs are scrubbing their websites of info linking them to the firm behind the app that fueled Iowa caucus chaos last night

Higher Ground removed Shadow's predecessor firm from its list of portfolio companies. An ACRONYM blog post saying Shadow would "exist under the ACRONYM umbrella" has been deleted. A page saying ACRONYM "launched" Shadow has been changed to "invested in"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inves...hadow-the-firm-behind-iowa-caucus-cluster****

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Shadow Inc. investors ACRONYM and Higher Ground Labs are scrubbing their websites of info linking them to the firm behind the app that fueled Iowa caucus chaos last night

Higher Ground removed Shadow's predecessor firm from its list of portfolio companies. An ACRONYM blog post saying Shadow would "exist under the ACRONYM umbrella" has been deleted. A page saying ACRONYM "launched" Shadow has been changed to "invested in"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inves...hadow-the-firm-behind-iowa-caucus-cluster****

Interesting.
    When the system come back online, will it declare Hillary the winner?

I mean, come on.... she paid for it after all.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No Joe? The Iowa Caucus has a mixed history of predicting the eventual candidate, but could it make the Democrats ripe for Bloomberg to sweep in and "save" the Dems from these three unelectable (in their eyes) loons?

“Mr. Bloomberg, the former New York City mayor whose campaign is fueled by a multibillion-dollar personal fortune, conferred with advisers on Tuesday morning about the muddled results in Iowa,” The New York Times reported. “Encouraged by the murky outcome, Mr. Bloomberg authorized his campaign team to double his spending on television commercials in every market where he is currently advertising and expand his campaign’s field staff to more than two thousand people, strategists involved in the conversations said.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/brea...book&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mattwalsh

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Imagine being a Democrat voter right now, watching your own party as its fixing the election in front of your eyes.

What was that about the company behind the "app" being tied to Clinton?

I think this old meme fits perfectly here...

giphy.gif

This is my Dad. I asked him what he thought of this mess and he went off on some retarded screed about Rush Limbaugh getting cancer from sniffing Trump's nether regions and claiming Trump fornicates with canines.

Seriously.

Well, I cleaned up the language, but you get the idea.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The silver lining is that Iowa has pretty much lost the position as first primary. That is good for the party.

I can understand that any time someone changes voting mechanics, it is likely to get screwed up. Non-technology oriented paid staff. Volunteer staff involvement as well to some degree. This could have been handled faster with an excel spreadsheet and a phone bank.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The silver lining is that Iowa has pretty much lost the position as first primary. That is good for the party.

I can understand that any time someone changes voting mechanics, it is likely to get screwed up. Non-technology oriented paid staff. Volunteer staff involvement as well to some degree. This could have been handled faster with an excel spreadsheet and a phone bank.

You are making major assumptions here. I hope I can find this post on the day of the 2024 Iowa caucus...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The silver lining is that Iowa has pretty much lost the position as first primary. That is good for the party.......

Yes, to nominate a candidate to reach independent middle of the road voters they should move the primary to DC, New York or California.
    We all know how in touch with the rest of the country they are. It will be good for the party alright.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Thank you for your insight. Not that you really care about the other party. But, all of your thoughts are thoroughly reviewed and deliberated upon.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I doubt that will happen. The caucus is dead.

Iowa has a lot of influence in both parties, has proven to be a size of venue that real people can get to know candidates personally. It is a caucus as that does not violate the contract both parties have with NH to be first primary so that stops changing to a primary. A primary is a top down to minions process, a caucus is a bottom up process, about the only one where candidates actually have to converse with real people.

It would be a knee jerk reaction to disband the Iowa caucus over the dems inability to run one this year...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I haven't been able to find the actual vote count by Democrats at the 2016 caucus. Something less than 200,000 I think. Probably closer to 100k than 200k. Super Tuesday is March 3. Indiana's primary is May 5.

Excuse me if I prefer to have some sayso in the primary process, which I don't feel I get with the system as it is today. A Regional primary over 4 or 6 weeks would be preferred by many voters. As it is now, Indiana really has no say in the primary process.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Iowa has a lot of influence in both parties, has proven to be a size of venue that real people can get to know candidates personally. It is a caucus as that does not violate the contract both parties have with NH to be first primary so that stops changing to a primary. A primary is a top down to minions process, a caucus is a bottom up process, about the only one where candidates actually have to converse with real people.

It would be a knee jerk reaction to disband the Iowa caucus over the dems inability to run one this year...

It's the play they have.
    It is the go to standard when the results don't go the way they want it to... e.g.: DISBAND THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!!! rrrrrreeeeeeeeee!!!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I heard someone on the news saying something about Iowa being a reliably "Red" state so the Dems there don't really influence much anyway.....

Um yeah.

"Blue" 6 out of the last 8 presidential elections, sparky...but keep it up.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No. It's been a sore spot for many primary periods. If Iowans want to hold a caucus for state officials or congress, fine. At the presidential level there are too many states that feel disenfranchised by the current methodology. It's not the same as the electoral college issue. Not by any stretch.

And if you believe that the caucus can be manipulated, then having a number of states holding a primary on the same day ought to reduce the effect of manipulation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom