The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Well, she doesn't have the flu...maybe just a bug. I got some more sleep and am leaving for work soon.

They get sick fast. Taking them in is always the right call. We have a daughter that displayed symptoms of the flu but different. Long story short. Doctor said she's three, she has a little bug. Mom insisted (like full on b*%$h mode) that it was not just a bug. A few hours later she was in a ambulance before spending a week at Riley for treatment from what could have been a life altering illness.

Yep - always take them in when they are little.

Once they hit about ten, ehh, time to toughen up and get back to work...

Anyway, Jagee, take care of the little one and make sure Mom and Dad get some rest.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They get sick fast. Taking them in is always the right call. We have a daughter that displayed symptoms of the flu but different. Long story short. Doctor said she's three, she has a little bug. Mom insisted (like full on b*%$h mode) that it was not just a bug. A few hours later she was in a ambulance before spending a week at Riley for treatment from what could have been a life altering illness.

Yep - always take them in when they are little.

Once they hit about ten, ehh, time to toughen up and get back to work...

Anyway, Jagee, take care of the little one and make sure Mom and Dad get some rest.

Yep, my Mom messed me up one time that almost cost me everything. I was really sick and my Mom kept insisting that i just needed rest and fluids. Got to the point where I couldn't keep anything down. Finally took myself to the ER and was told that I would have died if I'd left it even one more night. Was an infection in my throat in leftovers from my tonsilitis when I was 10. This was back in 98.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea....this. I got a little verbose in my response.

Oh no. We fought with the Drs endlessly about the now 13 year old. She was terribly sick and visibly so. On and on and on. To the point I was told at 2 different practices not to return.
    When we finally found Rileys and they verified she was ill to the point of near loosing her I took the reports directly to those to crap bag Drs and near inserted them in the rectal passages. Masquerading as a Dr is inexcusable.

I worry after the little ones.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Na you were right. Doc said once that they fade fast that little. Better be safe than sorry.
    I cant even count all the ER trips ive made with 2 kids

Doctors are educated. Doesn't mean they are smarter or have the diagnostic skills required.

Bottom line is you ALWAYS need to be an advocate for and an expert in your own medical care.

On a slightly related note, my doctor has a sign on his wall that reads. "Please do not confuse your Google Search with my Medical Degree".

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Doctors are educated. Doesn't mean they are smarter or have the diagnostic skills required.

Bottom line is you ALWAYS need to be an advocate for and an expert in your own medical care.

On a slightly related note, my doctor has a sign on his wall that reads. "Please do not confuse your Google Search with my Medical Degree".
    Yup, all true !
    I have a friend in PA who is an M.D.. As he likes to say: "remember, it's called the practice of medicine ..... which means that it hasn't been perfected".
    He's quite a bit different than most doctors, which is why I like him.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I have to clean guns today....and I have to clean gutters today.
    One is much preferable to the other ! :D

I have been super slow in the office and working through a long list of little items that have been ignored for a couple years. Getting close to "- Detail strip and clean all firearms".

Kinda looking forward to that one!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I have to clean guns today....and I have to clean gutters today.
    One is much preferable to the other ! :D

Unless you have gutters at the 2nd story level, a GOOD leaf blower with gutter extension tubes does a good job from the ground in a few minutes time. Gutter guards are also a big help.

I still get on the roof at least once a year to insure I haven't missed anything but I live in a hole in the woods with the expected masses of leaves..

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Off until Monday, I'm hoping that ring arrives today. Winchester made more saddle rings that you can count, but they slowly fell out of favor on rifles as few people hunt off of horses. Wasn't an issue.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Finish cleaning my new-to-me P10f, maybe mount the RMR on it, nap and help the high school student I'm a mentor to upholster a large ottoman (chewed up by their dogs) as a small part of his senior project are all on the agenda today.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Unless you have gutters at the 2nd story level, a GOOD leaf blower with gutter extension tubes does a good job from the ground in a few minutes time. Gutter guards are also a big help.

I still get on the roof at least once a year to insure I haven't missed anything but I live in a hole in the woods with the expected masses of leaves..

I've used the leaf blower method, and it works great, unless the leaves are wet.
    Our 2-story house was way too high for me to feel comfortable going up that high, so leaf guard gutters were installed about 10 years ago. I should probably do the same on the lower gutters, as it's become a pain in the neck !

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...but they slowly fell out of favor on rifles as few people hunt off of horses. Wasn't an issue.

As I've looked on and off for a "modern" lever gun in the last few years, the presence of a saddle ring causes immediate rejection. Just looks like something to rattle and cause finish wear.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They’re pretty, but I need an old one now. Damn you Leadeye! :laugh:

A good combination is the one that sold so well over the years past, a Winchester and SAA in the same caliber. This Colt Bisley, all the Heiser leather, and the Winchester 92 SRC from the same period, all in 32-20.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom