• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Finished this up today, it really just needed a complete disassembly and cleaning to get going. Parts had rusted in place so I figure it wasn't even cycled, let alone shot in a long time. Some 400 grit paper and oil got things going and now it can join it's shorter brother out on the range. Probably could use a new hammer spring as the old one seems weak, but I'm guessing it will work on modern caps.

This is one thing I always tell people shopping for vintage Colts, don't expect modern hammer spring strength, old primers and caps took a hard hit to fire and thepolicepistols.jpg guns were built that way.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The 1862 Police revolver was last cap and ball gun for Colt and for all thier efforts no large metropolitan area would standardize a police gun for another 35 years or so. No less than Theodore Roosevelt would would be the first to standardize, when he was commissioner of the NYCPD he chose the Colt New Police in the then new 32 Colt Police cartridge. We still use it today, oddly as the 32 S&W long.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I found a site a few years ago.....think it was "the country shed" or 'the garden shed". They have all kinds of sights, cheaper scopes, military mounts for Mosins, Mausers, AKs..... you get the picture.

I placed a $300+ dollar order.......bill NAZI (aka "the wife") "What's this $400 purchase to the country (or garden) shed?!?!?!?!?" I replied, "Remember that pulley assembly I needed for the John Deere riding mower?....$200 cheaper than the dealer, and they had FREE shipping!!!!!" It made it thru the gas chamber undetected.....not many places fly under the radar like that did!!!!

as MM would say.......:alright::alright::alright:
    https://www.thecountryshed.com/ ... your memory serves you well ... nice site, but to use your excuse, I first need to buy a John Deere riding mower ... what I won't do for firearms and accessories.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Going back to check my work eh? Typical.

Not cool on CM. I will make more good juju sacrifices. And for Ms McCapo, and anyone else that needs it.
    554a207939891392c02973fc88aa0c8e.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    AmmoShopOnline has free shipping on orders over $350. That could make for some solid deals as their shipping costs are their biggest downfall. I saw some Norma 9mm for $18.99/50rds.

https://www.ammoshoponline.com/
    Thanks! Not bad at $18.99/50 for 124gr considering everything thats going on...

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Continuing to pray for CM and family.

Anxiously awaiting his next late night post.
    I've been waiting for the same, and have been checking all evening .... hoping that CM would post.
    Now, it's getting late, even for me !

In gun-talk, this is what showed up today. After MAS Defense notified me that they had all of the parts, I decided to let them build it. I've wanted a 20" barrel .308 AR platform, and now I have a quality upper.
    A complete Aero lower is enroute to my FFL.

This is what's under-the-hood.

Grand Total
    MAS-203W4-APAR1-1520" .308 AR-10 BARRELED UPPER - AERO PRECISION UPPER AND 15" ATLAS R-ONE M-LOK RAIL - RIFLE GAS - BALLISTIC ADVANTAGE BARREL
    [1. - Upper Receiver: AERO PRECISION AR-10 .308 DPMS GEN 1 M5 UPPER RECEIVER - APAR308503AC]
    [2. - Barrel: 20" AR-10 .308 1X10 BALLISTIC ADVANTAGE HEAVY PROFILE 4150V MELONITE - BABL308006M]
    [3. - Handguard: AERO PRECISION AR-10 .308 M5 15" ATLAS R-ONE M-LOK HANDGUARD - APRA538705A]
    [4. - Gas Block: .750 LOW PROFILE GAS BLOCK - STEEL MELONITE NITRIDE]
    [5. - Gas Tube: RIFLE GAS TUBE]
    [6. - All Muzzle Devices: A2 FLASH HIDER - 5/8x24]

i-sg83SNc-XL.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom