Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Trying to decide what I want to do. I have allowed the family to get a little too small for my taste. So it's time for some projects. I have these two...

IMG_0182_zpsx6ttxofo.jpg

I was going to dive into them but I have noticed the declining numbers and rising prices of the surplus guns. There are a few available so I am fighting with myself over whether to lay in a few for when they get scarce are just go ahead and begin the process with these. Decisions, decisions.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've told myself that I need to pick up a couple more surplus guns for projects down the road but am always distracted by the next shiny thing that comes along.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy folks. I am still in the afterglow of a fantastic weekend at the Revere's Riders's event at A&A Optics place. Amazing set up and amazing people. I learned so much and have greatly improved my rifle marksmanship. I was able to purchase an optic for a pistol project that's currently with Allen, can't wait to get that one back. But right now I am in a rifle mood. I can't wait to get back out there and continue to work on everything I learned over the past two days. My BCM 20" AR performed flawless, its covered in dirt and dry mud right now, sat through a pretty good rain shower as well.

If you have never attended a basic rifle marksmanship program, I highly recommend it!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Another 150 flawless rounds through the Canik :)

Howdy folks. I am still in the afterglow of a fantastic weekend at the Revere's Riders's event at A&A Optics place. Amazing set up and amazing people. I learned so much and have greatly improved my rifle marksmanship. I was able to purchase an optic for a pistol project that's currently with Allen, can't wait to get that one back. But right now I am in a rifle mood. I can't wait to get back out there and continue to work on everything I learned over the past two days. My BCM 20" AR performed flawless, its covered in dirt and dry mud right now, sat through a pretty good rain shower as well.

If you have never attended a basic rifle marksmanship program, I highly recommend it!

I've been out to his place when I sold him a Shield. Nice guy, but got lost twice on a dark, stormy night trying to find the place... :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    BA, I'd personally go after the surplus guns first... We know that because of us, CGW isn't going anywhere... Eventually the surplus guns will run dry.

While I agree with the idea of buying surplus first, I don't agree that they are not making them any more. They make hundreds of surplus guns every day. It's just that we have to wait 20 years before they become surplus for us. I don't know that I have another 20 years in this rapidly aging carcass.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While I agree with the idea of buying surplus first, I don't agree that they are not making them any more. They make hundreds of surplus guns every day. It's just that we have to wait 20 years before they become surplus for us. I don't know that I have another 20 years in this rapidly aging carcass.

If I have 10 decent ones left I will be blessed.
    More like 5 decent and maybe 5 So-So

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Hey, if you have any interest in a G30sf, let me know. I don't own a G19, but do have a G23 with a 9mm barrel that might tickle your fancy. :):

If I have 10 decent ones left I will be blessed.
    More like 5 decent and maybe 5 So-So

Ha! As if CM. You are a force of nature and will be tossing posey's on most of our graves long before you jump into yours. Once we are all gone, you might die of boredom, but that's about the only thing that could be lethal to you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, if you have any interest in a G30sf, let me know. I don't own a G19, but do have a G23 with a 9mm barrel that might tickle your fancy. :):

Ha! As if CM. You are a force of nature and will be tossing posey's on most of our graves long before you jump into yours. Once we are all gone, you might die of boredom, but that's about the only thing that could be lethal to you.

:oldwise:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I was able to run out to MCFG last night at about 7:30 and put another fast hundred rounds through the P10C. The pistol handles well with fast fire and target transitions. About the only thing I'm not crazy about with this gun is the rattly magazines. I hate magazines that rattle when loaded and both of the included mags do. As do my P01 mags and about 1/3 of my other CZ mags. It seems to be the luck of the draw as to having mags that are quiet and I'm hoping that when I order spares, I get lucky.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I was able to run out to MCFG last night at about 7:30 and put another fast hundred rounds through the P10C. The pistol handles well with fast fire and target transitions. About the only thing I'm not crazy about with this gun is the rattly magazines. I hate magazines that rattle when loaded and both of the included mags do. As do my P01 mags and about 1/3 of my other CZ mags. It seems to be the luck of the draw as to having mags that are quiet and I'm hoping that when I order spares, I get lucky.

Being used to single stacks for many many years it does bug me slightly that the double stacks rattle.
    Not all of them but several do.

The only other issue I have with my CZ's is.............when I slam a mag home in the gun 95% of the time the slide will go into battery. If I just "Put" a mag in them all is well. But again, transitional 1911 guy here so slamming a mag home is muscle memory/habit and hard to break. Scares the poopy out of me when they do this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom