Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Been a wildlife kinda morning. Saw 5 bucks at the very end of twilight last night as I drove in. Big 8 point and a spike out front a half hour ago. 5 does in front of the porch right now. Hummers been going crazy all morning. Hitting the hosta blooms as well as the feeders. 'Nother doe just crossed the drive. I slept in a bit. Was gonna hunt but gotta take Barb to the opthamologist this AM so most of todays work plans are shot.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Was finishing up working on the Jeep lastnight. Fixed the passenger front window, put new console in, replaced radio, and fixed the drivers seat. Got ready to pull it out of the garage and the check engine light came on, oil pressure shot up to 80lbs, and it started smoking like a freight train... :wallbash:

Anyone have a idea why the oil would shoot up from 40lbs to 80lbs just idling?

Was going to take it in to dmv to get legal today, guess it's going to be a few more days..

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Was finishing up working on the Jeep lastnight. Fixed the passenger front window, put new console in, replaced radio, and fixed the drivers seat. Got ready to pull it out of the garage and the check engine light came on, oil pressure shot up to 80lbs, and it started smoking like a freight train... :wallbash:

Anyone have a idea why the oil would shoot up from 40lbs to 80lbs just idling?

Was going to take it in to dmv to get legal today, guess it's going to be a few more days..
    Clearly an obstruction. Only fix is to find the nearest and steepest hill you can. Floor it and drive up the hill as fast as possible. If it is not fixed at the top; at least you had fun....

I'd check the oil filter first, then drop the pan and check the pick up. After that.....plugged oil journal(s).

and check the PCV valve or whatever crankcase ventilation system that has.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Clearly an obstruction. Only fix is to find the nearest and steepest hill you can. Floor it and drive up the hill as fast as possible. If it is not fixed at the top; at least you had fun....

I'd check the oil filter first, then drop the pan and check the pick up. After that.....plugged oil journal(s).
    Going to change the filter today. If I need to drop the pan, it'll have to wait til this weekend. Thought it was a obstruction too. Hope it's not interernal, hate to have to disassemble the motor..

Thanks for the input.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Going to change the filter today. If I need to drop the pan, it'll have to wait til this weekend. Thought it was a obstruction too. Hope it's not interernal, hate to have to disassemble the motor..

Thanks for the input.
    You are not helping our TOYota v. Jeep argument... :lmfao:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    You are not helping our TOYota v. Jeep argument... :lmfao:
    Don't remind me..

Although it did sit 8yrs and started up without issue and ran great... until lastnight..

I will say I've never had a single issue with the Jeep 4.0 engine in the 5 I've had in the past. Guess I have to start somewhere..

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Don't remind me..

Although it did sit 8yrs and started up without issue and ran great... until lastnight..

Maybe it just pulled up a piece of dirt.

Put it on jack stands and run it in reverse for awhile. The motor running backwards might push the obstruction back out and catch in the filter.

Send video, please. Please…

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

Thanks for the input.
    If the filter isn't the issue, might be looking at an oil pump issue. There's a pressure relief valve inside it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Maybe it just pulled up a piece of dirt.

Put it on jack stands and run it in reverse for awhile. The motor running backwards might push the obstruction back out and catch in the filter.

Send video, please. Please…
    A2zo.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom