Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Picked up a used Sig 1911 Tacops in 10mm. Came with 4 mags. Checked all the boxes on my list, including checkered front strap. Almost bought a used XTen instead, but this gun just spoke to me. Yes, it's a Sig "1911" with 80 series safety parts and an external extractor. The heart wants what it wants. At least I got the caliber right. :)

20230828_170500.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Picked up a used Sig 1911 Tacops in 10mm. Came with 4 mags. Checked all the boxes on my list, including checkered front strap. Almost bought a used XTen instead, but this gun just spoke to me. Yes, it's a Sig "1911" with 80 series safety parts and an external extractor. The heart wants what it wants. At least I got the caliber right. :)

View attachment 295835

Love it .... classy ! :rockwoot:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Some range trip info and pics from this morning.

Rem 1911 accuracy and reliability improved thanks to trigger and extractor tuning. Still had a few FTF, but it appears some breech face polishing may be needed. It may just be mag issues. A few rounds got hung up on the breech face before the case rim contacted the extractor, round was halfway into chamber. Despite being a pretty basic model without fancy upgraded features, the gun is very enjoyable to shoot. I plan on keeping this one pretty much bone stock to give myself and others a gun to compare to my other upgraded ones.

Barrel bushings in the Tisas 1911 guns seems to have improved accuracy. Some of my groups are not good, but that's due to operator error and losing focus. That 9mm was such a pooch after shooting the commander .45 before it. It makes me giggle.

The Jericho was the highlight of my day. That gun is so enjoyable to shoot and was even better with the new grips and trigger over-travel adjustment. The ergos and trigger are just right and fit my hand like a glove. I swapped in the longer Sar K12 barrel to check for function and it did well, accuracy was slightly improved over the factory barrel too. This gun continues to impress me. I plan on doing a comped barrel setup on it eventually. Either with that factory Sar K12 barrel or a factory Jericho barrel that's longer.

20230828_094835.jpg
    20230828_101042.jpg
    20230828_100759.jpg
    20230828_101004.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Some range trip info and pics from this morning.

Rem 1911 accuracy and reliability improved thanks to trigger and extractor tuning. Still had a few FTF, but it appears some breech face polishing may be needed. It may just be mag issues. A few rounds got hung up on the breech face before the case rim contacted the extractor, round was halfway into chamber. Despite being a pretty basic model without fancy upgraded features, the gun is very enjoyable to shoot. I plan on keeping this one pretty much bone stock to give myself and others a gun to compare to my other upgraded ones.

Barrel bushings in the Tisas 1911 guns seems to have improved accuracy. Some of my groups are not good, but that's due to operator error and losing focus. That 9mm was such a pooch after shooting the commander .45 before it. It makes me giggle.

The Jericho was the highlight of my day. That gun is so enjoyable to shoot and was even better with the new grips and trigger over-travel adjustment. The ergos and trigger are just right and fit my hand like a glove. I swapped in the longer Sar K12 barrel to check for function and it did well, accuracy was slightly improved over the factory barrel too. This gun continues to impress me. I plan on doing a comped barrel setup on it eventually. Either with that factory Sar K12 barrel or a factory Jericho barrel that's longer.

View attachment 295866
    View attachment 295867
    View attachment 295869
    View attachment 295870

Good stuff, DOGG .... I suspect that CM is beaming, because you're getting right in there with the nitty-gritty tunings and mods on these firearms.
    How does the comp attach ?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Good stuff, DOGG .... I suspect that CM is beaming, because you're getting right in there with the nitty-gritty tunings and mods on these firearms.
    How does the comp attach ?
    I've only seen comps that were threaded for pistols (and most use set screws too), not sure if there are just clamp on options and how well that would hold up under recoil. Have not researched that. I don't think they make a threaded Jericho barrel, so I'd have to thread one myself and that will take practice as I've not threaded anything on my lathe yet.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I never thought I'd like a compensated pistol for myself, until I put a comp on the Sar K12, now I want more of them. And with the purchase of my sixth 1911 today, I'm convinced CM took over a portion of my brain. Just not the portion that loves Sigs, lol.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I interrupted this guy's dinner today.
    Pleasant dreams, CZickos ! :evilangel:

3H4A2304%20copy-XL.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I never thought I'd like a compensated loudened pistol for myself, until I put a comp loudener on the Sar K12, now I want more of them. And with the purchase of my sixth 1911 today, I'm convinced CM took over a portion of my brain. Just not the portion that loves Sigs, lol.

FIFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom