• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Indeed they are. I’m a sucker for black cats. Here is my monster cat Bocephus not letting me get any work done the other day. All mine are tuxedo/maincoon mixes. He’s my boy. About 25 lbs

View attachment 291900
    Here is ours.
    17277ae77da480078756c7e200571c70.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Interesting post on another forum. Very sad if even half is true.

Ehh...corporate turnover...nothing new here but no question that CZ as a US brand has matured. For sake of argument, let's say that the Golden Age of CZ/USA was 1990 to 2020 - that is a pretty good run. Their product line has also matured and, aside from a P365 style firearm, the pistol side isn't missing much. You can get anything from a $400 P10C to a $3500 Czechmate. Sure 10mm and 45 offerings would be nice but the market is 9mm.

Rifles....yeah....the 600 line doesn't seem to be a step forward and used prices on 527/550s would seem to indicate that the market shares that view. Why oh WHY did I not buy a couple back in the day....

Dan Wesson is also in the same boat. "Back in the day" DW was an amazing pistol for money; now that prices have jumped, they may still have all the quality but sure not the bang-for-buck. The DWX is pretty exciting. I think it would have been a huge hit had it been released on time but the post-covid 2011 resurgance stole its thunder and market share.

Colt - I haven't seen any evidence that the CZ buyout has hurt Colt. How could it? LOL! Based on the very little that I have read, it seems to indicate that, at worst, Colt QC has smoothed out.

So....JM Marlins, Pre-Lock SWs, pre-disaster Remingtons, pre-stupidity Colts etc. CZ prices on GB for certain "Golden Era" models would already indicate that "pre-Colt" models are collectible. Collectors buy collectiblity - not quality (though they can be one in the same). So, keep your Golden Age CZs, buy more if you can; buy any new one that tickles your fancy and let's see what R&D comes up with.

Anyway...don't know that I have a point to make but my coffee is empty....

CZ!

Last edited:

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Ehh...corporate turnover...nothing new here but no question that CZ as a US brand has matured. For sake of argument, let's say that the Golden Age of CZ/USA was 1990 to 2020 - that is a pretty good run. Their product line has also matured and, aside from a P365 style firearm, the pistol side isn't missing much. You can get anything from a $400 P10C to a $3500 Czechmate. Sure 10mm and 45 offerings would be nice but the market is 9mm.

Rifles....yeah....the 600 line doesn't seem to be a step forward and used prices on 527/550s would seem to indicate that market shares that view. Why oh WHY did I not buy a couple back in the day....

Dan Wesson is also in the same boat. "Back in the day" DW was an amazing pistol for money; now that prices have jumped, they may still have all the quality but sure not the bang-for-buck. The DWX is pretty exciting. I think it would have been a huge hit had it been released on time but the post-covid 2011 resurgance stole it thunder and market share.

Colt - I haven't seen any evidence that the CZ buyout has hurt Colt. How could it? LOL! Based on the very little that I have read seems to indicate that, at worst, Colt QC has smoothed out.

So....JM Marlins, Pre-Lock SWs, pre-disaster Remingtons, pre-stupidity Colts etc. CZ prices on GB for certain "Golden Era" models would already indicate that "pre-Colt" models are collectible. Collectors buy collectiblity - not quality (though they can be one in the same). So, keep your Golden Age CZs, buy more if you can; buy any new one that tickles your fancy and let's see what R&D comes up with.

Anyway...don't know that I have a point to make but my coffee is empty....

CZ!
    The master has spoken. After reading that I had to make sure that I wasn't in the political thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom