Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Actually, the Legions are awesome, and I have shot several that I really liked!

Ditcherman brings forth a good point that I think is true for a lot of people. Many fine options exist but, at the bottom line, it is hard to beat a finely (Wizard) tuned CZ.

The standard by which all others are measured.

EDIT: but @Born2vette still needs to buy a P229 Legion RXP NOW!!!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sense? OK. Stop thinking and start doing.

I am thrilled with my P226 SAO Legion and some P229 variant (probably in 356 sig) is on my short list.

@88E30M50 - can you give B2V any advice here? This is another area of your expertise.
    My legion experience was short. Could not warm up to the one I had and I shoot the M17 much better.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    My legion experience was short. Could not warm up to the one I had and I shoot the M17 much better.
    Listen. That @Born2vette guy made me buy silly expensive range flags, 357 sig ammo and a G***** (just this month). I need a little payback or in this case - payout of his wallet.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It's sad to see CZ slide into the American business mindset. That is, chase short term profit to improve today's shareholder value at the expense of long term viability and strength. It's amazing how much damage just a few of the wrong people at senior levels can do to an organization.
    And you are right though, it is now the American way. I see it every day in my job.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know this is the wrong place for this but I have been thinking a lot about a P229 Legion. Need someone to talk a little sense back into me.

Good morning.
    Funny, but my P229 Legion is on my hip today for the first time in a month. I must have caught your Legion vibe today.

I've found the Legions to be really good carry pistols. They are not the be-all, end-all of handguns but they do have a nice mix of features that are worth the extra money. You can make a box stock P229 out perform a Legion but you'll spend more money doing it and when done, will have a gun that won't give the same return as a Legion if you decide to sell it. Ask me how I know that...

My P229 Legion is a .40 but it's got the .357 Sig barrel in it most of the time. Well, actually, all of the time. I have a P220 SAO Legion as well as a P226 SAO Legion. Those are nice guns also but the P229 is what gets carried more. I did change out the front sight for a Night Fision big yellow dot since my color vision makes that dang green sight about invisible. Let me know if you want to shoot it and I'll either bring it to the FGE or we can get together at MCFG one of these days.

20210810_110514.jpg
    P226 Legion.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Status
    Not open for further replies.