mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning all!
    Mcapo, looks like you are well awake already!
    Ready for a nap now. That was a long phone post....was sitting on the deck while the puppy did the morning yard patrol. All is good. Nothing under the shed. No walkers past the picket fence. That little dog next door hasn't gotten under the fence.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I want this NOW!

50200319233f5eb903c75084c767026c.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It's sad to see CZ slide into the American business mindset. That is, chase short term profit to improve today's shareholder value at the expense of long term viability and strength. It's amazing how much damage just a few of the wrong people at senior levels can do to an organization.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I know this is the wrong place for this but I have been thinking a lot about a P229 Legion. Need someone to talk a little sense back into me.

Good morning.
    They look cool but that was about my only thought of the legions thst I have had. Shot and felt worse than any of my run of the mill metal CZs. Probably the most disappointed I have ever been in a line of guns I was anticipating. The only bright spot to me of the lineup was the 238. It is my favorite non Cz gun out there

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I know this is the wrong place for this but I have been thinking a lot about a P229 Legion. Need someone to talk a little sense back into me.

Good morning.
    Same boat. I've lusted for one as well. A long time ago I also passed up a nice P229 Elite with wood grips. Maybe I can pretend it's Armslist and go around asking people if I can trade them custom artwork for guns.

True story, I was once offered a custom built wooden bench for a gun I was selling.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

Good morning.
    Sense? OK. Stop thinking and start doing.

I am thrilled with my P226 SAO Legion and some P229 variant (probably in 356 sig) is on my short list.

@88E30M50 - can you give B2V any advice here? This is another area of your expertise.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not 88, but I really liked the Legion series. I had the P226 Legion SAO and loved it. I only sold it as I needed the cash at the time. The gun shot better than any other gun I've ever owned. Yes, the trigger honestly didn't feel as good as a 1911 or nice CZ trigger, but I shot very well with it anyway. I always wanted to try the P229 Legion SAO and will likely end up getting one at some point.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Not 88, but I really liked the Legion series. I had the P226 Legion SAO and loved it. I only sold it as I needed the cash at the time. The gun shot better than any other gun I've ever owned. Yes, the trigger honestly didn't feel as good as a 1911 or nice CZ trigger, but I shot very well with it anyway. I always wanted to try the P229 Legion SAO and will likely end up getting one at some point.
    Didn't mean to exclude others....88 is just, well, 88. :cheers:

The Legion grip is spot on for me. The physical difference isn't much but (to me) the feel sure is. I have all Armory Craft parts in my 226 Legion SAO and it is not a Churchmouse 1911 trigger but as close as anything this side of my CZ TacSport.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I own a bunch of 22X series pistols, other than a DAK trigger, never bought one I didn't keep.
    Now lets get this thread back on track. LOL

Went to the Muncie show last sat, picked up for as new P09 mags and two 40MM cans for a total of $110.00 out the door. Factory mags were $20.00 a piece.20230806_111438.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I own a bunch of 22X series pistols, other than a DAK trigger, never bought one I didn't keep.
    Now lets get this thread back on track. LOL

Went to the Muncie show last sat, picked up for as new P09 mags and two 40MM cans for a total of $110.00 out the door. Factory mags were $20.00 a piece.View attachment 292242
    Nice score! I haven't been to a gun show in years and years.

Just FYI....this thread runs on these tracks:

1691761211710.jpeg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Good morning.
    Well if you want to shoot one let me know.

I’ve had a couple 226’s for a while, and I thought they’d be my go to gun (the ‘if I could only have one’ gun) until I discovered CZ’s. I. I now have a 229 as well, it and one of the 226 is DAO, the other 226 is da/sa, all three legions with dots. Both 226 triggers worked on, pretty sure the 229 is factory.
    Anyway, I can’t get any of them to shoot one hole touching groups like I can the CZ’s. Grip is great for me, they are great guns, but now life is complicated with more decisions, just as it should be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom